Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite planet storyline?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Favorite planet storyline?

Tarakona
06.13.2012 , 03:27 PM | #21
I haven't finished Corellia yet on Republic side but almost there. Either way it wins my vote mostly because the quests were very well laid out in a nice linear way that you aren't wasting time travelling back and forth like almost all the other planets. The Imperial ending was also a great scene which, I think, mimics the movie endings well.

From purely a storyline sense, competing against Thana on Taris was my favorite Imperial side. I skipped a lot on Republic side first time through so Corellia still would be it.

Honorary mention is the Dreadmasters storyline on Imperial side Belsavis. "We cannot be contained," just makes me laugh every time.

I personally hate Voss, mostly because majority of the quests are a grind and even getting places is a grind. (It probably doesn't help either that the environment reminds me too much of WoW :P)
Tarakona (50 IA) | Surikona (50 SW) | Norikona (50 BH) Kirakona (50 SI)
Yurikona (50 JK) | Jurikona (50 Trooper) | Kidakona (39 JC) | Kelekona (47 Smuggler)

Forgon
06.13.2012 , 04:38 PM | #22
Empire side Belsavis in my opinion. Or Ilum...
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Lavariusstar
06.14.2012 , 01:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
Empire side Belsavis in my opinion. Or Ilum...
interesting......
Remember the Squad:11/11/11
The Last Squadron

Perihelion
06.14.2012 , 01:04 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Imperial Taris. It was a delight to have a planetary rival tying things together.

Runners-up: I find Voss enchanting in its own right, on either side. I love Republic Taris - I know a lot of people dislike the planet, but I love it for the KOTOR nostalgia-fest. Republic Tatooine because Gayem Leksende has that weird androgynous appeal I can't take my eyes off of, and listening to him monologue is just fun.
I don't think the Gayem Leksende one on Tatooine is the bonus series, (I recall it being more of doing this mission for that guy, and that mission for this guy) but that quest line is my favourite on Tatooine. I love his villainy and his one liners, marvelous, i dont know what you said, but marvelous and I found the series fun. Too bad I couldn't tap that, despite his evilness I would have totally loved a ftb with him.

Phyreblade
06.14.2012 , 07:59 AM | #25
Favorite planet stories:

(1) Imperial-side Belsavis. The freeing of the Dread Masters is pretty epic. My bounty hunter insulted the crap out of them, was force-choked, and then told how impressive she was. My Sith warrior, on the other hand, aided the Masters in driving the poor Republic warden insane enough he killed his own troops. Either LS or DS, the quest line is incredible and I look forward to seeing what Bioware does with the batcrap crazy Dread Masters in future updates to the game.

(2) Imperial-side Taris. I really disliked Thana Vesh and never fail to kill her at the end of the planet story line. That, and completely destroying the same spaceport my smuggler had helped preserve earlier in the game, ended up being pretty amazing.

(3) Republic-side Correllia. There's just something spectacular about truly defeating the bad guys and running them off the planet, hehe.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

Captain_Zone
06.14.2012 , 10:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
Favorite planet stories:

(1) Imperial-side Belsavis. The freeing of the Dread Masters is pretty epic. My bounty hunter insulted the crap out of them, was force-choked, and then told how impressive she was. My Sith warrior, on the other hand, aided the Masters in driving the poor Republic warden insane enough he killed his own troops. Either LS or DS, the quest line is incredible and I look forward to seeing what Bioware does with the batcrap crazy Dread Masters in future updates to the game.

(2) Imperial-side Taris. I really disliked Thana Vesh and never fail to kill her at the end of the planet story line. That, and completely destroying the same spaceport my smuggler had helped preserve earlier in the game, ended up being pretty amazing.

(3) Republic-side Correllia. There's just something spectacular about truly defeating the bad guys and running them off the planet, hehe.
Too bad Repub side Corellia has those bugged bonus missions that only give 1 commendation each. Otherwise, all the stories there are good.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

goatfoam
06.14.2012 , 10:52 AM | #27
For me it's got to be Imperial Taris. Just the whole Thana Vesh thing kept me hooked - Republic Taris was a bit of a chore, one of those feelings you get when a planet just.won't.end. Imperial Taris on the other hand was a delight.

Republic side I'd have to say it's a toss up between Tython and Hoth. Tython was pretty trpical but welcome nonetheless, but I really liked the part on Hoth where you
Spoiler

Inzuher
06.14.2012 , 12:33 PM | #28
I enjoyed being on Korriban and Drommund Kass. Now I know those two planets doesn't have a story line, but the dark side atmosphere on those planets was just plain awesome. I really hope we'll see more story being developted for those two planets, especially Korriban.
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

Lavariusstar
06.14.2012 , 04:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
I enjoyed being on Korriban and Drommund Kass. Now I know those two planets doesn't have a story line, but the dark side atmosphere on those planets was just plain awesome. I really hope we'll see more story being developted for those two planets, especially Korriban.
agreed
Remember the Squad:11/11/11
The Last Squadron

sullysmith
06.14.2012 , 08:13 PM | #30
Imp Hoth and Imp Tat were my faves
Least favorite was Nar Shadda, story was ok but the planet itself is horrible.