Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about companions, when do dialog options open... and Vette

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Question about companions, when do dialog options open... and Vette

Tierdal
12.18.2011 , 01:41 PM | #1
When dialog options open? at the end of world quests? That seems to be when i get new options.

My concern is Vette. I keep shocking her but I dont want to ruin her character and never get to remove the collar. I have an option now where she is begging..right after balmora.. will she ask again

What determines when she wants to talk to me?

Tierdal
12.18.2011 , 01:52 PM | #2
anyone please explain?

Tierdal
12.18.2011 , 02:30 PM | #3
im sorry but can somoen help i need to figure this out

Reavana
12.18.2011 , 02:34 PM | #4
Most of the time you need to be in a bar or your ship to talk to a companion. They won't talk in the field for the most part.

Reavana
12.18.2011 , 02:41 PM | #5
Most of the time you need to be in a bar or your ship to talk to a companion. They won't talk in the field for the most part.

Tierdal
12.18.2011 , 03:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Reavana View Post
Thanks for not answering any part of my question at all.

Ricktur
12.18.2011 , 03:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tierdal View Post
When dialog options open? at the end of world quests? That seems to be when i get new options.

My concern is Vette. I keep shocking her but I dont want to ruin her character and never get to remove the collar. I have an option now where she is begging..right after balmora.. will she ask again

What determines when she wants to talk to me?

so basically what youre saying is that you ultimately intend to take the shock collar off of vette HOWEVER even with that plan in mind, you continue to shock her and not take it off because you want to continue the temporary enjoyment of torturing her?

wow. . .
Sgt. Boos Macarrage - Republic Trooper/Vanguard - PVE Tank Spec
Prophecy of the Five - US East PVP
Republic Commandos: First Ones In, Last Ones Out. Never Quit. Never Fail.

Tierdal
12.18.2011 , 03:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricktur View Post
so basically what youre saying is that you ultimately intend to take the shock collar off of vette HOWEVER even with that plan in mind, you continue to shock her and not take it off because you want to continue the temporary enjoyment of torturing her?

wow. . .
basically...

but its more like im curious how the story differs then just taking it off

Dreihdenflahg
12.18.2011 , 06:31 PM | #9
I've noticed that companion quests/dialogues happen only in Cantina's/Ships in combination with every 500 affection points. At least that's my observation with Mako. My BH has had quest type dialogues with her at 500, 1000, 1500, and 2000 affection points.

CommanderArtanis
12.29.2011 , 12:44 PM | #10
I have about 2700 affection points with Kira and there hasn't been a dialog yet. I have been in the ship and cantina. I am finished with Taris and about to start with Nar Shadaa.

Is it because I haven't finish Act 1 yet or is it a bug?