Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes... I can see it. You create PHs for the names, then you transfer your chars, you log in and will be asked to change all your developed chars names because all their names got taken by someone (yourself!) for other chars on that destination server already.

Unless you plan on deleting the PH right before you do the transfer request, but that means a lot of logging in and logging out.

Also, did a dev anywhere state what happens if you run out of char slots? Do you have to delete a char on teh destination server then first before transferring more across?

You make the place holder and keep it there until transfer hits. Right before you log into your now-Randomly-Named-Toon, delete the placeholder. Then log in on the transferred toon. You'll be prompted to change the name at that point.

This is exactly how I did it and I had zero issues (except a toon who kept her random name, but a CS ticket and a relog solved that.) .

It's not friggin' rocket science.

Edited by tehjai

Thanks all of you for your patience during this process. We can't wait to open more up!

-@Joveth 23 minutes ago

Except he already said he isnt opening anymore up in another statement. They want to watch first and collect yet more data. So ya I know they keep holding this carrot out there and promising if we just sub 1 more month for sure this time everything will be fine. Sorry not buying it.

That was the last one for today folks! For those keeping track, that's 151 servers opened up for free character transfers so far. We're not done yet. You can bet we'll be monitoring data overnight to see how populations have shifted.

So you're about two thirds done? (151 of 217 servers)

Can we expect all of them to be done by tomorrow, or are you going to gradually slow down so some of us are waiting much longer?

I just had a chance to take a look at the interface for transferring characters.

It looks pretty sharp team! This gives me a bit of hope for the future. I look forward to when I can pick a server to place all my characters!

Thanks again!

Except he already said he isnt opening anymore up in another statement. They want to watch first and collect yet more data. So ya I know they keep holding this carrot out there and promising if we just sub 1 more month for sure this time everything will be fine. Sorry not buying it.

You are comedy incarnate. They said they were finished for today, not the entire process. Dont be dense

Thanks for the update, better late than never (its late here in EU )

Also is it in your power to answer: Will transfers continue tomorrow or will we have to wait till Monday?

That's the current plan. Tomorrow will be all dependent on how populations look after today's transfers.

That was the last one for today folks! For those keeping track, that's 151 servers opened up for free character transfers so far. We're not done yet. You can bet we'll be monitoring data overnight to see how populations have shifted.

Dont forget Corellian run, were gettin real ancy in our pantcy over here :D

I've already seen servers w/ more pop than what I am on set to xfer. I hope mine gets moved tomorrow, since they didn't allow transfers from a single new west coast server today. Would be nice to actually be able to PLAY the game over the weekend rather than login and sit in a pvp queue for hours with all of 10 other people on fleet...

I'm from Hyperspace Cannon as well and I am becoming extremely frustrated with my dead server. I hope that BioWare realizes that the discontent they are allowing to grow unabated in their customers isn't just isolated incidents. My decision to remain subscribed is directly linked to that of my wife and our friends/guildmates who play.

Please, PLEASE provide us a timetable or at least confirm to us that Hyperspace Cannon WILL be transferred.

I'm on Hyperspace Cannon as well, an early access server.

The past few months have been awful. D3 put the final *********** nail in the coffin. My free month has been nothing but a game of sit on the fleet.

Let everyone know when approximately they will be transferred. A day, you can spin the wording so it's not assumed hopefully.

Get it together and start giving us some more details... do something right for a change.

21 East Coast PVE servers left out of the loop. Thats how.

Your facts are wrong. There are 47 East cost PVE servers total (according to Torstatus.net). 30 of them have been identified as transfer from, and 3 are destinations. That leaves 14 PVE east servers still pending, or roughly 30%.

And they have stated the process would be "gradual" and "staged", so I still don't see how they have "screwed it up bit time" as you alledge.

Doing a great job imo

Doing exactly what they said, which is a gradual transfer of servers to ensure they get it right.

Im on Hidden Beks who are yet to be transferred by the way, and I'm happy as I'd rather have it done right than done twice.

Ignore the kids Bioware, you doing a stellar job.

Looks good so far, but I'm concerned about my server. The free one offered does not work for me for various reasons. What are the chances of some servers getting more than one possible destination to choose from? Thanks for keeping us updated.

Per the faq, not at this time. Future version may allow you to transfer to a server of *your* choice, but may *not* be free.

We're not done with opening up server transfers. In one of my previous posts, I said:

What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next.

We opened up many servers at the beginning of this process and only a few remain to be opened up for transfers. You will see us opening more up tomorrow and into next week. We understand that everyone is excited to transfer, but we do have to see how each day's transfers affect server populations in order to open up more origin servers each day.

Update: Please see my updated response here.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Doing a great job imo

Doing exactly what they said, which is a gradual transfer of servers to ensure they get it right.

Im on Hidden Beks who are yet to be transferred by the way, and I'm happy as I'd rather have it done right than done twice.

Exactily.

I always have always had faith in BW, and they have done a wonderful job in sorting out the pop problems, but just wish we could see less trolls and kids running around like spoilt brats.

Doing a great job imo

Finally someone that has something positive to say. I did get my servers today and yesterday but quite honestly wasn't expecting to get till either tomorrow or this weekend. You deserve yours now for being awesome ;)

Edited by Sireene
rude - recently warned, no action

so for the next 12 hours if your on a server with only 10 people on fleet, you might as well log off and go play something else until tomorrow and pray that your not exluded then too =( Edited by Daethlok

We're not done with opening up server transfers. In one of my previous posts, I said:

What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next.

We opened up many servers at the beginning of this process and only a few remain to be opened up for transfers. You will see us opening more up tomorrow and into next week. We understand that everyone is excited to transfer, but we do have to see how each day's transfers affect server populations in order to open up more origin servers each day.

Yet you couldn't merge the last two PVP East servers?

It's not excitement mate, It's bloody wanting to play a freakin game we spent money on, How much server information do you need on the last 2 PVP eastern servers? Just flip a bloody coin and merge us. You're already month's late on the server transfers, And you're taking your sweet time screwing up the process even more. No one likes paying for an MMORPG without the MM part, and your game isn't exactly stellar on the RPG part.

so for the next 12 hours if your on a server with only 10 people on fleet, you might as well log off and go play something else until tomorrow and pray that your not exluded then too =(

That's basically what it comes down to, Bioware is telling us to go play something else...Which I have to tell ya, isn't going to work out for them.