Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear Bioware

Xandaroth
06.14.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1
I am a level 50 Ops-ready Juggernaut tank. I am located in Pacific Standard Time, and I am on Ajunta Pall. I made this decision to optimize my connectivity to your product. There were 4 people in the Imperial Fleet today, two of which were waiting for their auctions to expire before they transfer.

My ping on Ajunta Pall is 43ms. I pay good money toward internet providers, hardware manufacturers, and toward Bioware in order to establish an optimal gaming entertainment. I logged into Jung Ma just now - 98ms ping. My gameplay was noticeably different, and in a sub-standard way.

I stuck up for you when Neverwinter Nights wouldn't stop crashing.
I stuck up for you when Dragon Age had its memory leaks.
I stuck up for you when Dragon Age 2 recycled dungeon layouts and had no real ending.
I stuck up for you when Mass Effect DLC became an issue.
I stuck up for you when SWTOR's PvP framerate was unplayable.
I stuck up for you when SWTOR's PvP latency was unplayable after you fixed framerate.
I still stick up for you as far as Dragon Age 3 is concerned.

Now I am going to have to politely ask that you consider my $85 digital deluxe pre-order and an entire half year's worth of $15 monthly payments when you stick up for me - I want to have latency under 50ms and I refuse to change characters. This will require my main character existing on an active West Coast server.

To lose the immense amount of my time I have invested in my character or the large sums of money I have invested into my optimal gameplay experience are both scenarios I did not consent to at any point in my commitment to your product, and I will not pay an extra fee in order to have my rights as a consumer be respected. Thank you.

Makulia
06.14.2012 , 12:26 PM | #2
i have a CE and still have my toons on port nowhere stucked, thnx bioware for this slow-motion char transfer

Cobdar
06.14.2012 , 12:28 PM | #3
You are fooling yourself if you think BioWare cares about you. I worked with them on the first 2 KOTORs, and they made economic decisions to ship those games FULL of bugs (including many crash bugs) so they could make their ship date (and their money) instead of trying to fix the bugs in time. They DO NOT CARE about their customers. They laughed at us when we told them customers were calling in droves about the crash bugs after release. You would be better off spending the time you spend defending them on other pursuits.
I am. I hope to continue.

Swordy
06.14.2012 , 01:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobdar View Post
You are fooling yourself if you think BioWare cares about you. I worked with them on the first 2 KOTORs, and they made economic decisions to ship those games FULL of bugs (including many crash bugs) so they could make their ship date (and their money) instead of trying to fix the bugs in time. They DO NOT CARE about their customers. They laughed at us when we told them customers were calling in droves about the crash bugs after release. You would be better off spending the time you spend defending them on other pursuits.
Did they forget to tip you when you delivered their sandwiches?

By the way, have I told you about my tuna salad?

Xandaroth
06.14.2012 , 01:25 PM | #5
LOL. XD

Yeah, I'm not really feeling very hostile about this. I just want to play my game, and to not watch my party die because my taunts take effect entire seconds after I push the key for it.

I'm really hoping Bioware will maybe lift their whole "No free transfers to non-pvp" blah blah. All they'd need to do is take my character/legacy and plop it onto some reasonably populated west coast server where my latency won't make me failtank and I'll be happy, but I'm really not liking the idea of having to pay a server transfer fee when it was their decision-making that caused this.. They fixed the game, but then they broke my server D:

Swordy
06.14.2012 , 01:32 PM | #6
In the war on low populations, there is bound to be some friendly fire. Rejoice my Lord, as you have made the supreme sacrifice for the good of the TOR galaxy.

I hereby declare that I will build a statue in your honour* as one of the few who got screwed so that the rest of us may enjoy. You're a gosh darn hero.

*It may be made out of mashed potato and only a couple of inches tall. I also make no guarantees over realism. Ok, I'm just going to photograph a plate of mashed potato and pretend that I built one. Ok, I'm going to steal a photo of mashed potato off of the internet and tell you that I made it. Either way, you're awesome and once proper transfers come out then you can fix your problems in one fell swoop in a Jesus like resurrection! Think of it, nobody will know how good you are, it's the ultimate sneak attack! False sense of security, then BAM! Insta-pwned!

Brodysmith
06.14.2012 , 01:43 PM | #7
-_-

1st World Problems..... my ping is only 98 ms :'(

Swordy
06.14.2012 , 01:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Brodysmith View Post
-_-

1st World Problems..... my ping is only 98 ms :'(
To be fair, that is at least four times quicker than bats

BelenUmeria
06.14.2012 , 01:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobdar View Post
Bioware was not involved with KOTOR 2. It was made by Obsidian. Just sayin.

KOTOR2 was released early by Lucas Art fiat against the objections of the Obsidian dev crew.

Xandaroth
06.14.2012 , 02:00 PM | #10
Hey, don't hate us just because we actually pay for things like internet <_>