Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Siorac
06.14.2012 , 01:46 PM | #3141
Quote: Originally Posted by KimiLysette View Post
But ToFN is already full. If they set Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy as a new destination players going to come back for 1.3 and ranked warzones and population will get better. Bioware could also change some of the origin servers to have either Droid or Bloodworthy as their destination instead.
I don't know. Having one PvP server with the population of 18 previous servers and one with the pop of 3 previous servers... doesn't exactly scream "sustainable" and "balanced" for me. It's more likely that Bioware will simply raise the cap of ToFN in the coming days and then let the remaining three servers in.

At least that's what would make sense.

xandax
06.14.2012 , 01:48 PM | #3142
Quote: Originally Posted by pantalaimona View Post
it would be nice to know if we are in plan for today or not...
When we hear nothing from BW - expect nothing, so I'd guess: No, we're not.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

drosc
06.14.2012 , 01:48 PM | #3143
Hyperspace cannon gogogo!!!
"The sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible."
―Boba Fett Officer in adrenaline recruiting more for 16 man OPS group check us out http://adrenaline-swtor.enjin.com/home

KimiLysette
06.14.2012 , 01:49 PM | #3144
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
Hmm, I don't think they can do that. What about a guildmate who is on vacation and then returns only to find his entire group of friends/guildies transferred to TOFN, yet the only place he can go is Bloodworthy? That would not work.

Perhaps they could give the option of which one to go, but then you'd have to appease every other region somehow, which isn't happening.
I guess you are right, but still they can't force the remaining 3 onto ToFN considering we were the next largest PvP servers under ToFN (Hard to believe I know). When and if our player population stars resubscribing to use their transfers there will be too much headed to ToFN. So just set either Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy as a destination server.

Plus new players are going to be joining the game with the expansion etc. If Bloodworthy for example is a standard/heavy server and ToFN is full. People will join Bloodworthy to play rather than wait around to join ToFN.

Shpedoinkle
06.14.2012 , 01:49 PM | #3145
So, I'm wondering, at any point in the future, will we be able to transfer from PVE-RP servers to PVE servers (and vice-versa)?

Most of my friends have moved most of their characters from Trask Ulgo (PVE-RP) to The Projenitor (PVE-RP). I was hoping that I'd get the chance to move my Bounty Hunter from Kellian Jarro (PVE) to join them, but it seems like this wont happen with the current system.

I can move to The Red Eclipse (PVE), but my friends aren't on that server.

If these server transfers are really intended to allow me to play with my friends they're going to need to be a little less restrictive. (Seriously what were the chances my friends would have been on The Red Eclipse?)

I can understand why they didn't make a PVE-RP server the sole destination for any of the PVE servers (as it would mean anyone leaving would have to go to a PVE-RP server and may not want to RP), but couldn't it have been an option? Let people move to either The Red Eclipse (PVE) or The Projenitor (PVE-RP) and the same with the RP servers, give people the chance to move to a PVE server if they find they don't RP like they originally thought they would. I don't RP with random people I'll admit (why I chose a PVE server) but I may well with my friends.

Is there any chance of me being able to do this move a little later on in another stage of transfers? I don't want to move to The Red Eclipse in case that doesn't become a origin server. But if I'll never be able to move PVE -> PVE-RP (i.e. The Projenitor) then I may as well call it quits or move to a populated server and face the fact I wont be able to play this character with my friends.

Same applies with my Dune Bantha characters.

AllisonBerryman
06.14.2012 , 01:50 PM | #3146 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
Perhaps would it be possible for you to let us in on some of the things you are considering when making the decision. I think people would be more comfortable knowing the pieces/decisions that you have to juggle to make it all work. They might be still unhappy about being some of the last, but at least they would have some insight as to why it takes so long.
We're watching the populations, watching how many are transferring, considering the impact of those transfers, and working to ensure destination servers have a healthy population. All of this data informs what we open up and where those servers go. It's important that we let the data we're receiving guide the process, and we appreciate everyone's understanding.

devtek
06.14.2012 , 01:51 PM | #3147
Quote: Originally Posted by Belaeren View Post
What annoys me is that Sith Meditation Sphere (SMS) was a pre-launch server. Bioware selected the server for our guild before launch in the guild pre-deployment days. So why leave it until last? Unlike others who may have picked their server themselves, Bioware self-selected SMS. So why leave us hanging now?

- Belessar
And whats funny is that one of those "small guilds doing denova", mine, was in the top 10 population wise of pre-launch guilds. I am concerned that they are looking at overall population instead of faction specifics, there may be 50 people on the imp fleet but there has been < 15 on the rep side for months now. Huzza for population imbalances.

Nuberoja
06.14.2012 , 01:51 PM | #3148
My guess, the PVE and PVP server on EU are now full and the servers not selected for transfers so far are not enought populated for a new server destination to become healthy, so now BIOWARE need to think what they do with those server left:

Allow them to transfer to the already nearly full servers and risk queues.
Create a new destination and left the poor bastards, (im included) on a trash server with much lower population.

Keymod
06.14.2012 , 01:51 PM | #3149
I just want to know if any more today instead of breaking my F5 button.
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

Magvay
06.14.2012 , 01:51 PM | #3150
Track Users IPs too