Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] So, is it useless to craft level 50 orange lightsabers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] So, is it useless to craft level 50 orange lightsabers?

Kanana
06.14.2012 , 03:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
I think if you want to make some money with augmented sabers after 1.3 hits ( at least for a while ), you might consider to crit craft the lvl 20 ones and put a green lvl 49 augment on them (before the patch goes live)
Doesn't that bind it to you?

wainot-keel
06.14.2012 , 06:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanana View Post
Doesn't that bind it to you?
If the augment was BoE, the saber won't get bound.

asbalana
06.14.2012 , 09:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
I think if you want to make some money with augmented sabers after 1.3 hits ( at least for a while ), you might consider to crit craft the lvl 20 ones and put a green lvl 49 augment on them (before the patch goes live)
Good point.

I think that, in any case, I will wait until 1.3 hits and see how much the augment kits cost to make and how much time they take to craft. I guess to me, there is not much money to be made by crit crafting orange light sabers and gear and making the augments to secure the lvl 49 slot. I guess it is also not clear to me what will happen to augment slotted oranges when 1.3 goes live. For example, if I have a level 20 orange on my level 30 character with a level 27 augment in it, will I be frozen at augment level 27 or will the piece retain the ability to upgrade the augments as the character levels up. Will only post patch crit crafted augment slots be restricted?

I also wonder about the augment kits. One person commented in another thread that they will be cheap and easy. I have no idea, If that is the case and crit crafted gear is restricted, then there will be absolutely no reason to crit craft any gear and so crit crafting will become a thing of the past. Is this what BW wants? I hope that they thought this out and know what they are doing.

wainot-keel
06.14.2012 , 01:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
Good point.

I think that, in any case, I will wait until 1.3 hits and see how much the augment kits cost to make and how much time they take to craft. I guess to me, there is not much money to be made by crit crafting orange light sabers and gear and making the augments to secure the lvl 49 slot. I guess it is also not clear to me what will happen to augment slotted oranges when 1.3 goes live. For example, if I have a level 20 orange on my level 30 character with a level 27 augment in it, will I be frozen at augment level 27 or will the piece retain the ability to upgrade the augments as the character levels up. Will only post patch crit crafted augment slots be restricted?
When 1.3 hits, all slots with an augment will be upgraded to whatever tier that augment belongs to, and they will stay like that. In your example, if you want to keep upgrading the augment in that orange, you'll have to upgrade the slot as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
I also wonder about the augment kits. One person commented in another thread that they will be cheap and easy. I have no idea, If that is the case and crit crafted gear is restricted, then there will be absolutely no reason to crit craft any gear and so crit crafting will become a thing of the past. Is this what BW wants? I hope that they thought this out and know what they are doing.
IIRC, you need to RE 10 pieces (that could get and augment slot) to get the necesary mats for 1 kit. Synthweavers will use cheap lvl 49 green bracers to produce the mats via RE. I dont konw how much those grade 6 level mats cost in comparison to the mats you require to create a lvl 20 saber with an augment slot. The lvl 20 ones are cheaper ofc, but you need a bunch of them. Also, I don't know how much it costs, but in order to add the augment slot with a kit, you have to pay, so that's a plus in terms of cost for the buyer

I think crit crafting gear (that could get an augment slot) after 1.3 will be welcomed contingency, because you won't have to use a kit. But crit crafting stuff like the actual augments, or enhancements is really nice. That won't change in 1.3 . On my "new" server I sold yesterday 3 power augments at 100k each, but I crafted only 2. Pure profit. Could have used a crit when I made my pink crystal though