Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jhayden
06.14.2012 , 09:33 AM | #2471
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, just wanted to let you all know that we will be opening up more servers today. I also wanted to remind everyone that the opening of origin servers for free character transfers is now in the fine-tuning stage. We will be monitoring server populations and seeing how they stabilize. What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us.
Will you be opening more origin servers or making new destination servers over the weekend?

Falcox
06.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #2472
Well my subscription renews next week, so I guess I'll see what happens. Getting pissed off..

JarJarBinksDroid
06.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #2473
Eidolon security ---> anywhere else

JovethGonzalez
06.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #2474 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
First round for today is up!

Fouroneoh
06.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #2475
Server transfers on the 12th, then within 3 days, now 2 weeks. LMFAO.
Fouroneoh

Yoshiblade
06.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #2476
Hi folks, just wanted to let you all know that we will be opening up more servers today. I also wanted to remind everyone that the opening of origin servers for free character transfers is now in the fine-tuning stage. We will be monitoring server populations and seeing how they stabilize. What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us.
Does this mean that new servers will open up today, but not tomorrow?
Equilibrium.
-a medium sized, moderate, mature, high level raiding guild-
Website|Forum|Members|Wiki|SWTOR-page

Eanelinea
06.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #2477
Well, poop. Hopefully, The Razor is one or the other today because people have begun preparations for the 'just in case' moving. (Also, the waiting is driving me to drink...more diet coke)

Thanks for keeping us updated!
55 Marauder, 55 Sniper, 55 Merc, 55 Shadow (d), 55 Jugg (d), 55 Jugg (t), 55 Operative x 2, 55 Gunslinger, 55 Scoundrel, 55 Guardian (d), 55 Sin (d), 55 Powertech, 55 Commando, 55 Sorc, 55 Sage, 55 Sentinel, 55 Vanguard, 55 Shadow (t), 55 Gunslinger (male), 48 Guardian (t), 38 Sin (t) on Shadowlands

Krazy_Karl
06.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #2478
I'm sorry but this is unacceptable for servers that still have not been opened up for transfer to have to continue to wait. With the player base remaining, everyone should be consolidated onto the 2 servers per coast of each type. The majority of the player base does not care about queues, we care about being able to play the game with people. This is an MMO after all.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

spectreclees
06.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #2479
Anymore for today or is this it?

The_FLIPmode
06.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #2480
So what exactly does it mean, Joveth, when you say "you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next"? There are still a lot of servers in NA (for example) that have consistently low population and need to merged sooner, rather than later, to avoid losing more subscribers.

Plus, to my knowledge, Belgoth's Beacon was one of the launch servers where guilds were directed to start the game during the guild launch phase. Why do we have to wait so long for any kind of transfers to appear?

Thank you in advance.
POT5:
Turanor - Juggernaut, Turannor - Marauder, Turanar - Mercenary, Fl´ppy -Vanguard
Ele'anor - Powertech, Tyrannor - Sorcerer, , Tűranor - Gunslinger, Turanorr - Scoundrel