Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Development Goldmine!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DemonInsideBM
06.13.2012 , 11:02 PM | #1
My name is Bryan, I think Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of the best games out there, but it lacks some features and ideas that jump right out at me. Lets work together to make this game grow, improve, and make players want to play for many years to come. First off, Guild Finder seems to be missing which is a feature of the game that lets me search open guilds to join as well as have my own guild represented for others to see and request membership. I don't like jumping into a guild simply because the name sounded good or being given only the option of finding a guild when someone posts into General chat channel of the game and thats another problem is the flooding of people advertising on the chat channel to join their guild. I'm a loner and I like it that way but I will be making my own guild if the game were to have such a feature added. A mature 18+ or act 18+ guild where respect and kindness are a requirement at the very least. Second, A Flashpoint & Operation finder needs to be added which allows players to select a role of play such as tank, dps, or healer and be grouped with other players as soon as possible, and while we on that topic lets not leave out cross server hookup so the game works as a whole unit and picks players from any server and matches them up, this will make players on smaller population servers happy as they will be able to stay on smaller population servers and yet have the game match them with groups quickly using a cross server hookup.

Many of my ideas are not new, I'm just bringing them to the table for developers to review and take action ! I will be submiting ideas everyday I'm alive and playing. This is a game I look forward to playing the rest of my life as long the content and good development keeps turning up the gameplay.

Lsheistaon
06.14.2012 , 12:49 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello DemonInsideBM,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write your post and express your opinions. We are taking on board all your feedback and appreciate it greatly. I would ask that you always submit your suggestions, both positive and negative here.

Thank you.

Lsheistaon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DemonInsideBM
06.15.2012 , 01:42 PM | #3
Thank you so much for acknowledging my ideas and post Lsheistaon. Before I leave for work this evening I like to toss out the idea that the game consider Free To Play up to level 15 where in most cases you get a ship. This free to play idea will allow new players at any given time to try the game not just during promotional periods. Another thing is perhaps a few TV ads too , I have noticed a decline in the TV promotion. Make a new TV ad too thats current and grabs the players attention making old accounts want to renew and new players see the game in a better respect. I'm thinking you should make my previous ideas happen first before you do the new TV ad , it just makes it easier to have something to mention or show to the new and old players who closed accounts. If you don't want to read my previous post those ideas were Guild Finder & Flash points and Operations Finders with possible cross server hookup. But, the Free to Play anytime up to level 15 is a winner of an idea.

DotFreelance
06.15.2012 , 01:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonInsideBM View Post
Thank you so much for acknowledging my ideas and post Lsheistaon. Before I leave for work this evening I like to toss out the idea that the game consider Free To Play up to level 15 where in most cases you get a ship. This free to play idea will allow new players at any given time to try the game not just during promotional periods. Another thing is perhaps a few TV ads too , I have noticed a decline in the TV promotion. Make a new TV ad too thats current and grabs the players attention making old accounts want to renew and new players see the game in a better respect. I'm thinking you should make my previous ideas happen first before you do the new TV ad , it just makes it easier to have something to mention or show to the new and old players who closed accounts. If you don't want to read my previous post those ideas were Guild Finder & Flash points and Operations Finders with possible cross server hookup. But, the Free to Play anytime up to level 15 is a winner of an idea.
They've already announced plans to create a free trial that limits you to 15, actually. It sounds like it won't have a time limit, either.

Aniline
06.15.2012 , 02:02 PM | #5
Second, A Flashpoint & Operation finder needs to be added which allows players to select a role of play such as tank, dps, or healer and be grouped with other players as soon as possible, and while we on that topic lets not leave out cross server hookup so the game works as a whole unit and picks players from any server and matches them up, this will make players on smaller population servers happy as they will be able to stay on smaller population servers and yet have the game match them with groups quickly using a cross server hookup.
There's a Group Finder currently in testing on the PTS.
"The pen is mightier than the sword ... if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp."
- Terry Pratchett (The Light Fantastic)

DemonInsideBM
06.15.2012 , 10:12 PM | #6
So, I wanted to bring this up now, What made me quit my last massively multiplayer online role-playing game was the fact that everyone would act like they were better then the person next to them. That kind of attitude does not fly in massively multiplayer online role-playing games. These game need to go back to their grass roots of being fun and friendly online communities! No one enjoys a game where everyone is going to tell them they suck, learn to play, and mistreats them. Instead, No one sucks, they just need practice, instead of telling them to learn , try to show your not a jerk by telling them politely how to play better and remember to treat people as you want to be treated. Remember, Star Wars: The Old Republic has a report player feature and you should both fear and respect it depending on what side of it you fall under , the one reporting or being reported.

Now my point is simple, bad sportsman ship online and harassing players is the same as being a bully. This kind of play is not welcome. Its a cancer, its both why the good players quit my last massively multiplayer online role-playing game and why the bad disrespectful players still play to harass for fun. Massively multiplayer online role-playing games are fun when we work together, stay polite to each other, and make friends. Let's leave the bad behavior behind in our last massively multiplayer online role-playing games and show this game the respect it and its community deserve.

TexasJediKnight
06.16.2012 , 12:06 AM | #7
My name is Bryan, I think Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of the best games out there, but it lacks some features and ideas that jump right out at me. Lets work together to make this game grow, improve, and make players want to play for many years to come. First off, Guild Finder seems to be missing which is a feature of the game that lets me search open guilds to join as well as have my own guild represented for others to see and request membership. I don't like jumping into a guild simply because the name sounded good or being given only the option of finding a guild when someone posts into General chat channel of the game and thats another problem is the flooding of people advertising on the chat channel to join their guild. I'm a loner and I like it that way but I will be making my own guild if the game were to have such a feature added. A mature 18+ or act 18+ guild where respect and kindness are a requirement at the very least. Second, A Flashpoint & Operation finder needs to be added which allows players to select a role of play such as tank, dps, or healer and be grouped with other players as soon as possible, and while we on that topic lets not leave out cross server hookup so the game works as a whole unit and picks players from any server and matches them up, this will make players on smaller population servers happy as they will be able to stay on smaller population servers and yet have the game match them with groups quickly using a cross server hookup.

Many of my ideas are not new, I'm just bringing them to the table for developers to review and take action ! I will be submiting ideas everyday I'm alive and playing. This is a game I look forward to playing the rest of my life as long the content and good development keeps turning up the gameplay.
I do not agree with the Yellow underlined part because things like Cross-Server really does kill a game because it becomes very casual and when a game becomes casual then people just log on to go into the LFG for loot or whatever they want and get off, just look at WoW that killed their community.
Gotmilk- Juggernaut
Server: PoT5

DemonInsideBM
06.16.2012 , 12:24 AM | #8
I'll agree with you there, good point. The Looking for a group is a good idea, but maybe we should reconsider the cross server hookup because, when people feel like they can get people not from their server to play with. They can act out of character and be real jerks in general just because, after all it is cross server and they do not have to see or play with these people again. However the game does need a looking for group system because the general chat channel is flooded with looking for group requests that can be better handled by such a service. If that is the point you were making about cross server kills a game making it too casual then yes, I agree!

Now, lets get out there and play HuttBall !

DemonInsideBM
06.17.2012 , 08:56 PM | #9
Today I was doing Athiss and I remembered reading about patch 1.3 coming out soon with the topic of "Create a Unique Look" and the Robe of the Insight dropped off final boss. Now, I know I was playing my Imp agent sniper and I can wear light or medium armor but, medium being main choice. I asked does anyone need this robe First reply was NO, and second was Go ahead take it, by that time I clicked on need before the timer ran out and then it happened. A Sith Sorc replied I need it. The rolls went out and I won. He opened trade and I tried to pass it over but the game would not allow it I crossed a sith and lived but, the offended player threatened to report me and started to harass me as well. I told him I was sorry, I even tried to do the trade, and I would take my time to post this topic into my forum. So, He said the developers wouldn't change the game just for me. I think the game needs to be improved to allow us to trade items when a mistake has been made like my previous massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Besides the topic was create a unique look soon and Robe of the Insight is pretty decent looking and the game developers gave me the choice to equip light armor and change all the stats to my own using armor , mods , and enchants. On a final note, I feel bad.

DemonInsideBM
07.11.2012 , 09:43 AM | #10
The new patch 1.3 simply amazing! I'm sure I wasn't the only one crying for some of the things we got like operations and flash point finder. I still don't see a guild finder yet but, on a more important note one thing the game lacks that will not sit well with the players is duel spec. I play a sorcerer and as you know, we can heal as well as do damage very well. This class is a very fun one to play and one I fall into love with easily! Which is why we must have a duel spec as soon as possible! I have friends who play the class too and its costly and a pain in my twi'lek's butt to have her switch from damage to healing constantly, I find both very playable and fun but, I get tired of healing after a couple flash points and choose to do damage and then get tired of the damage role too. So, those are my thoughts, I'd love if a Bioware person could acknowledge reading this post in a few days it would make me happy! I'll continue to play more in my days off work and update this Thread often with ideas.