Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't beat Valis

Caesius
06.12.2012 , 05:41 PM | #21
1. Use interrupts just before his casting bar is full. I like to bind Jedi Kick to the mouse wheel button.
2. Force Stasis is a good secondary interrupt if Jedi Kick is still cooling down.
3. Keep your back towards the shipping crate so you don't get knocked back so far.
4. Save Force Leap for AFTER you get knocked back for quick recovery.
5. Use Rebuke then Saber Ward early.
6. When Saber Ward drops, feel free to use Heroic Moment, Pacify and a medpack to buy you more time.
7. Stims and Adrenals is also handy if you need that extra little boost.
The only constant is change.

ChifferElite
06.13.2012 , 03:52 AM | #22
I can't remember who valis is! Might have had a problem with him. Anyway t7 is pretty obsolete when you have lira you can armor her up better and easier and give her more damage capabilities always send her in first. If you have force camouflage use it! I wouldn't worry to much about interrupts I'm not skilled enough for it I panic! Just make the most of kira! One thing I will say is if a boss has a glowing ring around him back away until he's finished this move and hit back at him!!

SebastiaanZ
06.13.2012 , 04:08 AM | #23
I had trouble defeating Valis as well, however I brought a guild member with a angry Wookiee with him. I was interrupting him constantly before I was helped and never succeeded. However when I worked with the fellow guild member Valis was beaten in like a minute.
The Skygardia Legacy LVL 50
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
GM of Silent Eclipse

vbmdsm
06.13.2012 , 04:19 PM | #24
Beat him!

It still wasn't a walk in the park but the job is done.

I think the biggest change that made the difference was getting the Lvl 25 Statis skill, which I had not trained previously - forgot that I had not trained for last lvl-up

Upgrading Light sabers from 46 to 58 also helped a bit. Timing the interrupt kick better also helped too, and standing in-front of the ship

As for my gear, it was already Blue/Red; and most of it crafted. So I didn't do anything with it.
Winners never Quit, Quitters never Win

Lord_Karsk
06.14.2012 , 12:03 AM | #25
And fix your armor, alot of players for some reason dont fix their armor after dying.
The worse your armor is the faster you die ! Can fix it at any medical droid.And use armors with correct
mods when it comes to stats, in your case strength.And always upgrade the armors and weapon on atleast 1 companion.Just like you bad gear and weak weapon on a companion mean dying faster.

chuckmann
03.04.2014 , 11:43 PM | #26
I'm lvl 26 am using a might stem, have health packs and I am using interrupts. I'm not even close to killing him, about to cancel my sub because of this, the variation in difficulty in this game is absurd. Too bad, I like the game but if I can look forward to this c*** i'm done.

Fazaani
03.05.2014 , 12:49 AM | #27
interupting is a mandatory skill to learn in the game. My tactic was to bind interupt on the same button(mouse 5) with every character so it didn't take long it to become natural part of fighting.

Also its good to enlarge enemy castbar and place it where it's easy to spot but aint on your way...
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008

Avorniel
03.05.2014 , 03:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I'm lvl 26 am using a might stem, have health packs and I am using interrupts. I'm not even close to killing him, about to cancel my sub because of this, the variation in difficulty in this game is absurd. Too bad, I like the game but if I can look forward to this c*** i'm done.
Is your gear up to date as well and Kira as well ? Also apart from what others have said in this 2+year old thread send Kira in first then you can jump in,but you can always ask someone to come and help you if your that stuck.
Canceling your sub over this is a bit extreme,lot of the boss fights will need some sort of tactic worked out and more so when you start doing Hard Mode Flashpoints and op's.

Don't give in,I know most say the story class is solo only but it's your story,some classes have it easy others not and the Knight story isn't to bad either,even i have done it and am prob the worst meele class player on planet lol.

If your on The Prog. EU server send me a PM or leave a post here I be more than happy to help you.

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev