Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

amount of legacy earned

Aetou
06.13.2012 , 08:05 AM | #11
The quickest way to gain legacy xp is to play your characters after they get to 50 - higher level missions give more xp and thus also more legacy xp. PVP, Dailies, whatever - just do something.

The amount of legacy xp you need for levels also scales pretty steeply - I'm looking at around half a million legacy xp per level now. You are never going to get that much legacy just by playing characters to 50 and then going on to the next one.

deusBAAL
06.13.2012 , 08:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lopok View Post
besides the fact that people hardly EVER read the posts above them and barge straight from the OP to their own $0.02, this post is FILLED with wrongness (and a little rightness).
as mentioned before...
...you DO NOT GAIN CHARACTER XP after 50
...you DO, MOST DEFINITELY gain legacy xp from characters at 50.

and that's my $0.02...paid in Canadian coins!
^^ THIS

I would like to add:

...you only need to ever roll one char to eventually make it to Legacy 50 and to gain access to all Legacy features and perks (the Legacy pet unlock in 1.3 may be the first exception to that rule, for it you will need one Rep and one Emp lvl50 char)
...rested xp bonus (the green on your xp bar) does not apply to lvl50s (you may now speculate if the rested bonus does boost Legacy xp progression while leveling up Alts or if its still faster with your 50)
...at lvl 50 your character xp will show 0, once the lvl cap is raised everyone will have to xp grind through all of lvl50 to reach lvl51 and beyond.

However, just lvl up to 50 and relax. The game does not stop at lvl50 but just begins. It also helps to read all the Information ingame that is available on your Legacy window.
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

Dafpants
06.13.2012 , 08:13 PM | #13
WRT LXP after 50, I've recently noticed that we no longer accumulate rested xp at 50. We sure as hell used to before I went on vacation (just before the rakghoul event). I got back to the game after 1.2 went live and realised that I wasn't getting any rested xp.
Note: it does tick up while we're standing in a rested area, yes, but if you zone into a rested area it resets; this includes logging on in a rested area.
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.

MadHobbit
06.13.2012 , 09:26 PM | #14
thank you for your feedback. I was just thinking it might be some ratio like 75 XP to 1 legacy or some lower ratio

Mithros
06.13.2012 , 10:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lopok View Post
besides the fact that people hardly EVER read the posts above them and barge straight from the OP to their own $0.02, this post is FILLED with wrongness (and a little rightness).
as mentioned before...
...you DO NOT GAIN CHARACTER XP after 50
...you DO, MOST DEFINITELY gain legacy xp from characters at 50.

and that's my $0.02...paid in Canadian coins!
Legacy XP has a cap, though.

You can gain legacy XP at 50 just fine, but when you hit the legacy cap, you stop earning it also.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.