Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro
06.13.2012 , 01:11 PM | #1
Official Statements Regarding New Playable Species:

Spoiler

Hello, fellow forumites. With the announcement of a new playable species (Cathar) coming to grace our beloved SW:TOR, I've decided to put together a rather structured and clutter-free poll to aid BioWare in seeing which species the community desires more, and which are most likely to be a fit for SW:TOR. What makes this poll different from the dozens that have come and gone? Three aspects:

1. Every person gets three votes. In order you vote, you must list your desired species in descending order. Example, my vote:

1. Kel Dor
2. Nautolan
3. Mon Calamari

Here's the interesting part - going by my example, Kel Dor gets three votes, Nautolan gets two, and Mon Cals get a single vote. This ensures that species that people have an interest in, even if it isn't their primary favourite, will still be accounted for in this poll. And no voting for the same species more than once.

2. Species will be segregated by type. Near-humans (ie. Kiffar, Zeltron), humanoids (ie. Kel Dor, Nautolan), extreme humanoids (ie. Jawas, Wookiees), and non-humanoids (ie. Ithorians, Chevin) will all get their own category. Going by BioWare's statements and the current species selection, we can be assured that they will give preference to the former in that list rather than the latter, for better or worse. Thus, these categories will be visually separated. Note that I will only count near-humans and humanoids for the top five - the other categories will still be tracked for reference, but BioWare has shown an inclination towards the most humanlike species and these species can easily utilize existing assets.

Note: Species that would be problematic if they were to be implemented, due to canon or the rules governing it, will be marked with a red asterisk (*). Likewise, if a species cannot plausibly utilize the current class voiceovers, they will be marked with a yellow asterisk (*).

3. A species requires five separate posters to vote for it to be listed. Again, this will ensure that this list is as free from clutter as possible. A lot of people have a soft spot for an obscure species, but in order for them to be implemented, they need to have a wide range appeal. If everyone can simply toss their obscure reference on the list, its usefulness is diminished.

Overall Top Five

1. Togruta
2. Nautolan
3. Kel Dor
4. Rodian
5. Mon Calamari

Near-Human

212 - Voss*
99 - Zeltron
45 - Echani
35 - Falleen
15 - Arkanian
12 - Kiffar

Humanoid

533 - Togruta
441 - Nautolan
323 - Kel Dor
187 - Rodian
155 - Mon Calamari
112 - Kaleesh
99 - Bothan
89 - Devaronian
66 - Weequay
61 - Selkath
31 - Chagrian
29 - Duros
25 - Sullustan
22 - Nikto
17 - Gormak
13 - Quarren
9 - Bith*

Extreme Humanoid

237 - Wookiee**
205 - Jawa**
203 - Trandoshan
38 - Yoda's species*
38 - Ewok**
30 - Gamorrean*
16 - Gand*
7 - Talz

Non-Humanoid

163 - Droid
83 - Ithorian
29 - Selonian
23 - Shistavanen
10 - Hutt

Pending More Votes

Spoiler

Drkstrider
06.13.2012 , 01:13 PM | #2
1. Wookie

2. Droid

3. Mon Calamari
Killed By Death
DirtyOldGoat
Dirtytrick
FallenDruid

Sagimore
06.13.2012 , 01:15 PM | #3
How many alien types were accepted into the empire at this time period. I dont know the TOR lore at all.

CelCawdro
06.13.2012 , 01:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sagimore View Post
How many alien types were accepted into the empire at this time period. I dont know the TOR lore at all.
While aliens were not actively sought out, and indeed actively discriminated against in the Empire, the Empire still respected excellence. Those with enough power or skill, regardless of species, were able to take part in the Empire. That being said, it would take a lot more effort from a non-human to make any sort of progress therein, but it was possible.

NilanVoid
06.13.2012 , 01:18 PM | #5
1. Jawas

2. Jawas

3. Jawas

According to your own weighting system that'd be 6 points for Jawas!

CelCawdro
06.13.2012 , 01:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NilanVoid View Post
1. Jawas

2. Jawas

3. Jawas

According to your own weighting system that'd be 6 points for Jawas!
I knew I was forgetting something as I went to post. Edited the main post to make it clear that you cannot vote for the same species multiple times. You may edit your own if you wish to have your second two selections counted.

Pyka
06.13.2012 , 01:23 PM | #7
1. Bothan
2. Jawa
3. Ewok

HighDru
06.13.2012 , 01:27 PM | #8
1. Rodiain
2. Torguta
3. Nautolan
I also take my coffee... extra strong.... Isn't that freaky
Death by Tray

CelCawdro
06.13.2012 , 01:36 PM | #9
Updated. Interesting to find Jawas in the lead this early on.

SDTAXantos
06.13.2012 , 01:39 PM | #10
- Rodian
- Ongree
- Kel Dor
<The Heartbreaker>
Erotik ~* - Corpulence *┤ - Risqué - Flirt - Adipose - Zaftig - Buxom ¥Θ - Heavyset ¥»
Erotiq ≈) - Ecdysiast ┤) - Gatstrapped ⌐» - Sapphik - Pin-up ≡»