Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JeramieCrowe
06.13.2012 , 09:15 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyoro View Post
Why must you re-invent the wheel with this? Just use the same system as the other mmos and profit. The more time you waste coming up with solutions when the answer is staring you in the face the more people are going to get frustrated and leave thanks to the sub-par group finder experience.
Because MANY people do NOT want the same system as other MMOs. The closest I can think of that might work is Rift's system, but even it still needs to be perfected and worked out and changed to work with TOR's system.

As long as it's NOT in player hands to decide, I'm fine with it.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Vasala
06.13.2012 , 09:30 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by FITorion View Post
why can't I select which flashpoint I want to queue for? Most are greyed out.

I have the quest to go do Athiss. I'm lvl 23 almost 24. the only FPs it lets me select are Hammer station and Mandalorian raiders.
Until they fix the bug you cannot have the flashpoint mission in your logs. Drop the mission for Athiss and then you will be able to queue for it.

Nyoro
06.13.2012 , 10:25 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Because MANY people do NOT want the same system as other MMOs. The closest I can think of that might work is Rift's system, but even it still needs to be perfected and worked out and changed to work with TOR's system.

As long as it's NOT in player hands to decide, I'm fine with it.
Some forum goers interests =/= interests of the general masses

The fact that millions more people are content to play a game that has it is evidence enough that they're happy with the way it works. Again it's just BioWare wasting time and resources on pointless solutions.
Triggerhappy - lvl50 Vanguard Tomb of Freedon Nadd R.I.P Trayus Academy
The Honkhonk Legacy
"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of BioWare Austin!" -John Riccitiello

Nyoro
06.13.2012 , 10:30 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by deusBAAL View Post
There is a Fleet Shuttle on every planet, easy to get to. People are just too used to using the Fleet Pass Skill, also BW really needs to mark the Fleet Shuttles on all maps (including Quick Travel Maps), then no one would even get the idea to abuse the Group Finder for it. (unless you have the goal to get on as many ignore lists as possible)
A very good idea, I wasn't even aware of the fleet shuttles until i got to around level 40. A nice big shiny icon indicating the shuttle would be great.
The Honkhonk Legacy
"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of BioWare Austin!" -John Riccitiello

JeramieCrowe
06.13.2012 , 11:05 AM | #205
Some forum goers interests =/= interests of the general masses

The fact that millions more people are content to play a game that has it is evidence enough that they're happy with the way it works. Again it's just BioWare wasting time and resources on pointless solutions.
This quoted post is just a forum-goer's interest.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

AridanS
06.13.2012 , 11:15 AM | #206
I cannot believe the Group finder doesn't cover Heroics. This means will will still seeing people over and over on each world LFM.

This really needs to be added. Its need just as bad as flashpoints.

JeramieCrowe
06.13.2012 , 11:43 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by AridanS View Post
I cannot believe the Group finder doesn't cover Heroics. This means will will still seeing people over and over on each world LFM.

This really needs to be added. Its need just as bad as flashpoints.
Err... it did three days ago, did they remove it?

Nyoro
06.13.2012 , 12:41 PM | #208
This quoted post is just a forum-goer's interest.
An interest that is backed up by evidence from millions of other players.

Not all opinions are created equal, some hold more weight than others.
The Honkhonk Legacy

JeramieCrowe
06.13.2012 , 12:43 PM | #209
An interest that is backed up by evidence from millions of other players.

Not all opinions are created equal, some hold more weight than others.
It's one person's opinion until you can back it up with fact.

Anyhoo, BioWare has the numbers.

Nyoro
06.13.2012 , 01:06 PM | #210
It's one person's opinion until you can back it up with fact.

Anyhoo, BioWare has the numbers.
Fact 10million+ people play WoW, it has gearscore.
Fact: 1million+ people play SWTOR, it doesn't have gearscore.

Obviously GS isn't the only reason they play WoW but it's one of the contributing factors, if BioWare want this game to do well then they should learn from the experts, rather than repeating history.

Anyway this is getting really off topic now, so yeah, how about that groupfinder...
The Honkhonk Legacy