Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

skyknightandy
06.13.2012 , 06:25 AM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by tloops View Post
well said for a 6 year old
lol....im 18 not 6 bro.......u mad funny bro

skyknightandy
06.13.2012 , 06:27 AM | #982
Quote: Originally Posted by tloops View Post
well said for a 6 year old
i just reread my post and it sound terrible..reason i just woke up and came to check out if my server was up for transfer....ahahaha

Hawk-Firestorm
06.13.2012 , 06:32 AM | #983
Quote: Originally Posted by Planar View Post
I appologize if I missed the answer to my question somewhere among these 90+ pages, but i was wondering when it comes my servers turn to transfer and my characters transfer i do realize if a character with the same name exists I will have to rename, however my question is do inactive (unsubbed and no play time left) accounts on the destination server count. I know from other games when merges occured it was annoying to find out my name was on some long dead account that never played again (because I added them to friends). So I am curious if on the destination server if only the active subscribed account character names count and if so it would then make those unsubbed rename if they reactivated someday?
Why wouldn't they count?

People take breaks from games and come back, you moved to a server where that name was taken its only right you should have to rename, inactive or not.

You should however be able to find your friends that have had to rename easily and they you using in game mechanics, with little fuss something else I think Bioware hasn't considered.

Wanchope
06.13.2012 , 06:41 AM | #984
Quote: Originally Posted by Jholiday View Post
Why would peeps quit when green pastures are on the horizon ?
My own take is that its all bluffing. I doubt that half the people who post 'I unsubbed' replies actually do.

skyknightandy
06.13.2012 , 06:43 AM | #985
what im gonna do when i can transfer my toons is if my name is already taken by me...which it is ill just do something like add a last name to the name. for example..... Skylaa ' Rachimiel or Andyman ' Rachimiel....something like that its my middle name.... just do something like that than u dont lose ur name....use something unique that you have in ur family or something...its like adding a last or middle name to your character in swtor.

Razzee
06.13.2012 , 06:44 AM | #986
Hey Just asking afor a quick heads up...
will you guys make it possiable so we can transfer to a server we want to go to or is this it?
it's not a ***** or some lets have a go at bioware, I just wanted to know or do i consider those 3 lvl 50's a waste of time and forget about them?
I would however be kinda pee'd off if there gone... but not playing on a dead sever anymore and don't want to be put where someone else wants me to go ... i am after all paying for this game...should we at least get some say in this.

mjmcooke
06.13.2012 , 06:46 AM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawk-Firestorm View Post
Why wouldn't they count?

People take breaks from games and come back, you moved to a server where that name was taken its only right you should have to rename, inactive or not.

You should however be able to find your friends that have had to rename easily and they you using in game mechanics, with little fuss something else I think Bioware hasn't considered.
Many MMOs have a function where you can petition to have a name of an inactive unlocked if they have been inactive for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure if Bioware does this or not, but you could submit a ticket and find out. And they wouldn't count because they are no longer paying customers. Most MMOs will not delete your characters even after a long time of inactivity, but would be well within their rights to do so, and certainly could take your name, flagging your character for renaming if you reactivate.

mjmcooke
06.13.2012 , 06:48 AM | #988
Quote: Originally Posted by Razzee View Post
Hey Just asking afor a quick heads up...
will you guys make it possiable so we can transfer to a server we want to go to or is this it?
it's not a ***** or some lets have a go at bioware, I just wanted to know or do i consider those 3 lvl 50's a waste of time and forget about them?
I would however be kinda pee'd off if there gone... but not playing on a dead sever anymore and don't want to be put where someone else wants me to go ... i am after all paying for this game...should we at least get some say in this.
Letting people go where they want would be unlikely to fix the problem of dead servers. The point of targeted transfers is to balance the population. If you want a say as to where you go besides a not dead server, you will most likely have to pay for it a later date. Which is not unreasonable.

Woofioo
06.13.2012 , 06:50 AM | #989
I really dont care if i wait 30 min to log in to servers just give us free will and let us transfer where we want. we pay each month for this ****. i have 3 lvl 50's thats on a dead server and cant transfer where i want.

Please sort this i want to go to THE RED ECLIPSE

SweGuy
06.13.2012 , 06:51 AM | #990
I really hope BW gets this fix done soon or ill be looking for some other LAN Game to play