Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rollento
06.13.2012 , 05:07 AM | #951
I logged in expecting to transfer off of my dead server, to see my server isn't apart of the free transfer list. I'm not going to wait weeks on end for BW to open up my server to allow transfers. Seriously BW, you wasted this much time to only allow a handful of servers for transfer. You could have done this weeks ago. This put the nail in the coffin for me, every single time I think BW is turning around, it's the same crap they've been feeding us 6 months ago. No sir, I am truly done.

Xarox
06.13.2012 , 05:07 AM | #952
Quote: Originally Posted by Yzumaki View Post
well i guess that it will take decades in order to do a character transfer for most of us, 1 day has passed and still few servers are available for transfers. that means that the game got a new "feature" that it is not even available for the majority of the players... epic FAIL.
Patch 1.3 is soooooo delayed, character transfer is just for laughs and bioware is gonna lose a lot of clients.
Character Trasfer system as implemented from yesterday is just for laugh
Awwww! The sky is falling, right? LOL!

Nah, this is a breath of fresh air that comes together with the server transfers. Air that will give life back in form of population and fun to the servers.

Snap out of it, Yzumaki and take part in the fun that is returning to the game in the coming week.

HeavensAgent
06.13.2012 , 05:07 AM | #953
Quote: Originally Posted by chernico View Post
Couldn't find answer anywhere, is it possible there will be cross-country transfers anytime? Made a character on US realm by mistake, can't do any HC's, FP's or PvP now due to time zone difference. Really frustrating.
It looks like transfers in this phase will be within geographic boundaries and time zones. You may have to wait until general transfers are made available. The date for these is unknown, and they may entail a fee.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

JonnyNuemonic
06.13.2012 , 05:08 AM | #954
Well as of today I Unsubbed, it actually hurt me to do it as I love this game, the story , the characters but I'm on the "Lord Calypho" RP-PVP server and there are 10 people on fleet at the minute. As far as the guild goes all have unsubbed aswell.

What was the point in BW starting with so many servers only to spread the pop of gamers over them all ? made no sense fill what you have and then open more. I didnt mind having to wait 10-20mins to log in during early release, at least then I knew that the server would be rocking !

Kabaal
06.13.2012 , 05:18 AM | #955
They started roughly an hour from now with them yesterday and they did say they'd do more in "the morning". I imagine it won't be too long now until you start seeing more servers being added to the list, barring anything going wrong.
Kabaal 50 Juggernaut | Scotsmania 50 Vanguard | Hurricane 50 Sorcerer
Furian 50 Sentinel | Furķan 50 Commando
Scotsmania 50 Shadow

Antissa
06.13.2012 , 05:19 AM | #956
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnyNuemonic View Post
Well as of today I Unsubbed, it actually hurt me to do it as I love this game, the story , the characters but I'm on the "Lord Calypho" RP-PVP server and there are 10 people on fleet at the minute. As far as the guild goes all have unsubbed aswell.

What was the point in BW starting with so many servers only to spread the pop of gamers over them all ? made no sense fill what you have and then open more. I didnt mind having to wait 10-20mins to log in during early release, at least then I knew that the server would be rocking !
Why are you unsubbing right before you are getting transfered? It doesnt make any sense. Its like doing a 10 mile run then right before the finish line you fall on the ground and give up.
And the reason why there are so many servers is because people was yelling during release when it was queues "OPEN MORE SERVERS NOOB BIOWARE OR I WILL UNSUB WAWA!"

norocaine
06.13.2012 , 05:20 AM | #957
what about make some schedule list for transfer servers? at least we will know, if we have to move or just wait for more people... or just unsubscribe and don't waste any more time on SWTOR!

Antissa
06.13.2012 , 05:20 AM | #958
Question!

It was stated in several posts by devs yesterday that they would resume rolling out more transfers this morning. The morning was over 5 hours ago from my position so I wonder if there will be anymore today.

Karabal
06.13.2012 , 05:21 AM | #959
Quote: Originally Posted by norocaine View Post
what about make some schedule list for transfer servers? at least we will know, if we have to move or just wait for more people... or just unsubscribe and don't waste any more time on SWTOR!
Hehe they're not going to give you any more reasons to un-subscribe they have given you enough already.
KRAAT Lv50 JugART Lv50 Merc
BRABORN Lv50 Sorc FIX Lv50 Op
Korbaal Lv50 Sniper

Rambofant
06.13.2012 , 05:22 AM | #960
Quote: Originally Posted by Antissa View Post
Why are you unsubbing right before you are getting transfered? It doesnt make any sense. Its like doing a 10 mile run then right before the finish line you fall on the ground and give up.
And the reason why there are so many servers is because people was yelling during release when it was queues "OPEN MORE SERVERS NOOB BIOWARE OR I WILL UNSUB WAWA!"
Well, this never happend. And well, atm theres like 4 servers whos not dead? They should just merge realms imo.