Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you guys enjoying Character Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Are you guys enjoying Character Transfers?

KaraPeters
06.12.2012 , 06:35 PM | #21
When my husband and I originally started the game, he wanted us to be in a guild with his friends, who were all on a PVP European server. (We're American, but his pals are in Norway). I don't like PVP and avoid it generally in favor of doing my own thing, such as questing, and will do pickup groups when needed. I was willing to put up with the guild's server choice to be able to group with my husband. The problem is, after having leveled up some characters significantly, the plan broke up and we were no longer in a guild, but here I was on a PVP server with major time invested already. When attacked while on a quest, I just try to get away if I can. I'm not into it.

I was fully aware that it was a PVP server, but I was hoping that there would be character transfers available should the worst occur and was willing to pay for them if needed. I know it is entirely my fault for going along with it. So my main interest in character server transfers at all was to get off of the PVP server with my mains. I won't throw things and freak out, but that's what I'd like. Since that's not possible with my server not being in the list, I guess what I am planning to do is play the game late at night when not many people are on, or what I've been doing lately, which is ignore those characters on the PVP server entirely and try to focus on chars that are elsewhere.

TalkingDinosaur
06.12.2012 , 06:38 PM | #22
New thread: Are you guys enjoying having threads created asking how you are enjoying the game while doing back flips and chugging Mountain Dew at the same time?

This is almost as bad as "TheReplyGirls."
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

HanzGruber
06.12.2012 , 07:00 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by scrows View Post
I wish! Still stuck on Sith Meditation Sphere. And it is a ghost town. Can't play this game when there is now one to play with.
With any luck once Bioware actually decides to transfer people to medium populated servers instead of the biggest ones (Fatman... ***) we should be a good candidate for a destination server! Bring on those repub origin servers! Lucky for us the Imp side has a pretty decent population til then.

TheDancingHare
06.12.2012 , 10:30 PM | #24
I'm happy. I got to keep my character names and my surname, and I've gone from 20 people on fleet to 100 or so. My guild changed over without any problems, only took a couple of minutes per character. Looking forward to having a more alive server!
No Retreat! Major Kazta Khem | Vanguard

NathanielStarr
06.13.2012 , 12:11 AM | #25
I don't know why they are destroying Lord Ieldis. It's one of the higher populated "light" servers, if anything they should be sending smaller servers to this one instead of getting people to leave. I don't understand why they want everyone on very few servers.

The issue with names on these large servers is horrible. Forget getting a decent name or legacy name if you transfer to one of the most populated servers. Good bye identity!

GalacticKegger
06.13.2012 , 12:39 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
I don't know why they are destroying Lord Ieldis. It's one of the higher populated "light" servers, if anything they should be sending smaller servers to this one instead of getting people to leave. I don't understand why they want everyone on very few servers.

The issue with names on these large servers is horrible. Forget getting a decent name or legacy name if you transfer to one of the most populated servers. Good bye identity!
I transferred a 24 Trooper from Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony tonight. The whole process ended up taking less than 10 minutes. But ya, it wasn't a dead server to begin with, so some back office metrics & analytics had to be the reason. For me personally not keeping a cool name isn't a game breaker. I walked away from 6 raid-hardened toons in WoW that took 7 years to establish, which took me a couple weeks to let go of. But that wasn't too bad. It's all just 1s and 0s to me.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Kaisernick
06.13.2012 , 04:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDancingHare View Post
I'm happy. I got to keep my character names and my surname, and I've gone from 20 people on fleet to 100 or so. My guild changed over without any problems, only took a couple of minutes per character. Looking forward to having a more alive server!
i hope i get to keep mine, i prey that nightmare lands will become a destination server.

llesna
06.13.2012 , 08:03 AM | #28
I can't speak for others, but I'm incredibly excited that my EU RP-PvE server "The Progenitor" is a destination server for those on "Shaltin Tunnels". I'm hoping that "Trask Ulgo" will get given the opportunity to transfer to us too, as "The Progenitor" has been the most populated EU RP-PvE server since launch and combining the population of all three servers will take us from our current state of low population back to the previous standard-high or possibly just high.

tl;dr -- Really excited! Come to "The Progenitor"!

DarthEccen
06.13.2012 , 08:44 AM | #29
So... They're opening up more servers today, right?

Varicite
06.13.2012 , 09:22 AM | #30
My server is being transferred to a LOWER population server on the opposite coast.

Not to mention it is one of the very FEW servers that can actually boast a BALANCED Republic vs Empire ratio. So much for all that, as transfers opened up less than 30 mins ago and our population is already dropping.

Lame.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.