Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why transfers and not merges?

Arstine
06.12.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1
Other than possible name issues (which will be there either way), I can not think of a single reason why they are not just merging a bunch of servers together instead of this optional transfer garbage.

I think BW needs to just admit that they goofed at launch by putting out way too many servers and step up and fix it right.

The only thing these optional transfers is going to do is leave a bunch of really dead servers to rot while they move most of the players to another server. No point in this. Just merge the servers together and be done with it. I know this was considered because in the video that was out a couple weeks ago merging to a few "super servers" was mentioned.

Get to it! Or at least give a valid explanation why you aren't...because I sure can't think of one.
Guild Leader of The Black Hand
Sith Meditation Sphere
http://www.black-hand.net

Shaabyy
06.12.2012 , 04:27 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Arstine View Post
Other than possible name issues (which will be there either way), I can not think of a single reason why they are not just merging a bunch of servers together instead of this optional transfer garbage.

I think BW needs to just admit that they goofed at launch by putting out way too many servers and step up and fix it right.

The only thing these optional transfers is going to do is leave a bunch of really dead servers to rot while they move most of the players to another server. No point in this. Just merge the servers together and be done with it. I know this was considered because in the video that was out a couple weeks ago merging to a few "super servers" was mentioned.

Get to it! Or at least give a valid explanation why you aren't...because I sure can't think of one.
Please think before you type!

Quote:
They have addressed this point 10000000000 times. Thats why we have transfers at all!

Please stop being malcontents! It's so frustrating. NOTHING makes you people happy.

Shaabyy
06.12.2012 , 04:29 PM | #3
And anther point, they do not have to give you a valid explanation for anything they do.

You pay to have access to the game and a server. They provide you with that. If a time ever occurs where you feel like your fee is no longer earned by BW, just stop paying it.

But they owe us nothing more than what we signed up for. A game.

Swordy
06.12.2012 , 04:29 PM | #4
Transfer: A forced move for all guild and characters.

Moves: A user defined moved for their character.

This is BioWare being good guys. They give certain individuals the choice.

Utob
06.12.2012 , 04:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaabyy View Post
NOTHING makes you people happy.
What do you mean, "you people"?

Shaabyy
06.12.2012 , 04:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Utob View Post
What do you mean, "you people"?
All the people who have complained about everything since this game came out.

As if there own unique perspective or views on what BW should be doing are undeniably the right thing to do. BW themselves couldnt possibly know better what they should be doing.

Zilrota
06.12.2012 , 04:45 PM | #7
Hello all,

We're closing this thread. We ask that threads made in the Customer Service forum be restricted to those seeking assistance either with their accounts or getting into the game. For better understanding of what should be posted in the Customer Service forum, please be sure to read the FAQ stickied to this forum.

Because a thread about this topic already exists, we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion of transfers here:

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

Thanks!