Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer server rotation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Character Transfer server rotation

Medyx
06.12.2012 , 04:02 PM | #1
I'm sorry if this was posted elsewhere as I didn't find any information on it but I'm curious as to when the available servers to transfer from will change as I'm on Daragon Trail and I absolutely love the game and the community that "
WAS" on the server but now when I log in I never see more than 10 people in republic fleet . I'm crossing my fingers for transfers to or from my server so I can begin to enjoy the game with others but as it stands its just no fun without people to play with and. As it stands I fully intend to let my account expire unless this is addressed somehow. I really hope it works out I had high hopes for this game

ALDrinkwater
06.12.2012 , 04:04 PM | #2
bioware refuse to release a list of servers that wlll become available in the free tansfers, only thing you can do is keep checking the list to see if your server becomes available, thats all anyone can do. sorry it doesnt answer your questons, but t feels everyone has questions with no answers except the copy and pasted generic reply from the customer service team.
Revenge - Now let them tremble.

Shaabyy
06.12.2012 , 04:44 PM | #3
Allow me to answe this in a slightly more positive way then the revious poster.

As BW has stated on the forums posts and news posts as well as on www.swtor.com/transfer , the names of servers that are eligable to transfers have not been released.

They havven't said this yet because in an MMO community, saying something and not being able to meet that expectation is suicide. Please think back to the Ranked WZ release. They gave a date, and then couldnt meet it. They were nearly burned at the stake for this.

They are going to be opening server transfers progressively as they see the result of each wave of transfers. This ensures that no servers will get OVER populated. It also prevents, lets say, half of a guild from getting into a server and then the server filling and the other half getting locked out.

Now posters like the ones above me, will make it sound as if BW is being purposely vague with the player base because it some how makes them happy. But in reality, it's just good business for them to cover their butts but being a little "general" with their information until they are 100% on what they will do.

They have advised us to check back daily for more servers to be added to the transfer eigabilty list.

Thanks.

Sorry for typos, had to type quickly on my break at work.

I wish you the best with your transfer and future game play of ToR.