Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder Etiquette

uniz
06.11.2012 , 12:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakachan View Post
Sorry but most of things you mentioned has nothing to do with Group Finder, you mentioned mostly how a mmo player should act, or shouldnt. I think you get mad at someone and decided to write this
i was just thinking the same thing.

the general tone of the post sounds somewhat elitiest with a few good points thrown in. he might want to post this on his guilds website as what is expected from them. perhaps that is where he got some of his ideas from and hence the tone.

Littlegem
06.11.2012 , 12:30 PM | #22
One easy rule for all MMO's/ groups/ops/ PVP etc....
Its all you will ever need.

"dont be a dick"

Kudach
06.11.2012 , 06:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
[SPOILER][CENTER][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]
'TLTR...'

2. Don't bring PvP gear. I was going to file this under debatable, and might if someone pressures me enough. But the thing with PvP gear is, you give up your primary stat (Aim, Willpower, etc), for Expertise, which is only viable when fighting another player. It will do jack diddly for you against a boss and will, in fact, limit your DPS and tanking severely. On the other hand, it can be said that since Expertise also boosts healing to other players, healers can get away with using it instances. Personally, I disagree, but I've never seen the numbers myself, so others may have a better argument. But if you're a tank or DPS, that's no discussion. Leave the War Hero gear at home. If you don't have any PvE gear, buy or make some mod gear and run the Belsavis and Ilum dailies for the mods to fill it. Doesn't take too long, since you can now queue for Heroic Missions.
First note you PVEers need to LT do this for PVP ques before saying we PVPers cant do the same. Depending on the content PVP BM+ gear is better then the starter PVE gear.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post

Battlemaster gear is better than Tionese gear and much better than the even worse PVE gear you get from running dailies. War Hero gear is roughly on a par with Columi.
Compare the stats my War Hero Stalker set is way better for me then the Rakata Stalker set
But unless I see people stop using PVE gear (mainly people trying to use Rakata) in PVP war zones I will be using my PVP gear in PVE content
Sith Assassin * There is no hope for you... Jedi.
(██████████████}|Ξ[!(Θ)!]Ξ|{██████████████)

Morrolan
06.11.2012 , 07:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
Debatable

4. LS/DS Choices. Some cases, these actually affect the run. For example, Black Talon and Esseles. As of right now, you don't get LS/DS points from Hard Modes, but you get them from Heroics and Flashpoints. Lots of people are purists when it comes to alignment, if for no other reason than there is gear that requires a certain alignment, so my recommendation is the not rock the boat on that one.
IN general I approve of your attempt to do an etiquette guide it will be needed. Most of the errors have already been pointed out so I'll just point out that the LS/DS choices don't matter in terms of gaining alignment because you get whatever choice you made not whatever wins the roll.

snwmnx
06.12.2012 , 12:46 PM | #25
Since this is a guide, should probably note that Guard should always - always - go on the heaviest hitting DPS in your group who will pull more threat on a single rotation than the healer will the entire fight.

Tanks that refuse to guard the DPS or, even worse, refuse to even use guard ("Use your threat dumps!!") are bad and rather worthless.

Also: If someone doesn't take the queue, the remaining members get dumped at the BEGINNING of the queue, not the end. Just putting that out there.

CitizenFry
06.12.2012 , 02:22 PM | #26
Re: PVP vs PVE gear. For tanks in particular, PVP gear is more likely to get the job done than it is for DPS or healers. Tanks care about Armor, Defense, Shield, and Absorb ratings primarily. As a tank I'll happily trade the mainstat+endurance on a columi piece for the increased defensive stats on a Battlemaster piece. The difference in mainstat is much, much more significant for healers or DPS.

pureeffinmetal
06.12.2012 , 04:42 PM | #27
Quote:
On the other hand, it can be said that since Expertise also boosts healing to other players, healers can get away with using it instances.
The healing boost on players expertise grants you specifically states "during PVP combat"

Expertise provides 0 benefit in PVE combat.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)