Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Am I stupid ?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Daikeru's Avatar


Daikeru
06.12.2012 , 04:02 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post

and THIS ^^^ is the problem with all of your arguments.

i'm not afraid of the truth. if they told me 30 days, at least i would know...and i would respect their honesty.

i don't need lies, manipulation, and half facts to placate me.

stuff happens, that doesn't bother me.

the lack of open honesty, communication, and tap dancing around issues is the problem.
You just need everything to be handed to you on a silver platter?

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
06.12.2012 , 04:02 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by pellib View Post
Why not send an automated email to inform all the players who have let their subscription expire ? Why do you object when I'm asking BW to be proactive and inform us when it's time to move rather then the other way around ?

good business practice is to be proactive, not reactive...

SWTOR is: ????
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

pellib's Avatar


pellib
06.12.2012 , 04:02 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Yomitako View Post
So if you don't actively come to the website, there is a big entry right on the launcher that says "Transfers are here, click for more info". NO need to send it in an e-mail, it notifies you right then and there before you even click "play". If you choose not to click the banner to read up on the information, then that's your perogative, not ours, not EA's or Bioware's. They provided the information to you in a way that doesn't rely on social media or having to go to the website on your own intuition. End of story.
Why are you against BW being proactive and sending out automated emails for transfers ?

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
06.12.2012 , 04:03 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by pellib View Post
How many of the playerbase are aware of that ? I know that most of my friends have no idea that they have to actively move.
Its not like its a small window of opportunity, it sounds like these free transfers will be open weeks if not months once they are all rolled out.

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
06.12.2012 , 04:03 PM | #75 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:
As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
06.12.2012 , 04:04 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
sending you a 24hr advance notice when you and they both know it is subject to delay would be giving you lies, manipulation, and half facts to placate you... so here you say you don't need it after you made a thread asking for it

i did what?

please, rookies, get your facts straight if you wanna participate.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

thomasgallant's Avatar


thomasgallant
06.12.2012 , 04:04 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
i'm not using hyperbole.

you are.

*EDIT* your last sentence says everything i need to know about your debating skills.
you are the one who doesnt want to waste time, yet you openly admit to sitting at a computer doing a leasurely activity like playing a game... wasting time.... but i cant debate with someone who doesnt use logic in a debate.


the purpose of a video game is to do something WHILE wasting time.. if you dont have time to waste you shouldnt play a game...

if you cant take a few minutes from your time playing (especially on a dead server while waiting for transfers ) in order to check the website. I personally question your ability to manage time enough to play a game.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
06.12.2012 , 04:05 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:
As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.
everything except an advanced notice.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

pellib's Avatar


pellib
06.12.2012 , 04:05 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Yomitako View Post
Because e-mail, according to studies, in the face of social media, is the LEAST likely to get read. With as much spamming as there is in today's age of technology, it's far more likely that the information will be read on the website, through Facebook/Twitter, and on the front page of the Game Launcher.
hehe so lets do nothing and hope players eventually visit our homepage.....genuis

Kubernetic's Avatar


Kubernetic
06.12.2012 , 04:05 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Just wanted to pop in here to let folks know about the many ways transfers have been communicated out:
As you can see, we try to cover as much as possible.
You're doing a great job so far. Thanks for your help in all of this!!
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...