Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Leader Inactive, Horrible Customer Service

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Guild Leader Inactive, Horrible Customer Service

Hmille
06.12.2012 , 11:48 AM | #1
Why does my post get closed, but the "Fatman" post in the Community forums does not? Why can't a CSR give me guild leadership when my GM has been inactive for 29 days. Oh wait I have to wait 2 days to get leadership. Which at that point I will be on a different server. Tried to explain this to a CSR but he just copy and pasted the same response 5 times. Personally, i'm sick and tired of getting 0 help from CSR. Never had them help me with a single issue, and yet i've payed 60 dollars for less than 5 games of pvp. No other words can describe my current thoughts, other than- we are being ripped off obviously.

JWagner
06.12.2012 , 11:50 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hmille View Post
Why does my post get closed, but the "Fatman" post in the Community forums does not? Why can't a CSR give me guild leadership when my GM has been inactive for 29 days. Oh wait I have to wait 2 days to get leadership. Which at that point I will be on a different server. Tried to explain this to a CSR but he just copy and pasted the same response 5 times. Personally, i'm sick and tired of getting 0 help from CSR. Never had them help me with a single issue, and yet i've payed 60 dollars for less than 5 games of pvp. No other words can describe my current thoughts, other than- we are being ripped off obviously.
Wait.
So why are you trying to get guild leadership if you are trying to leave..?
You can't take it with you.
And you can't transfer while you are leader.
█||||||||()█≡(█████Begeren Colony (RP)█████►
Ree'ki Sith Assassin
Si'her'ka Jedi Consular*

Hmille
06.12.2012 , 11:54 AM | #3
So are you saying they can transfer the guild to me once i'm on a different server?

R_Sidriel
06.12.2012 , 01:07 PM | #4
You have to remake the guild over on the other server anyway.

Vemtaz
06.12.2012 , 02:33 PM | #5
Probably needing permission to loot the guild bank before disbanding would be my guess.

SolidStryfe
06.12.2012 , 02:56 PM | #6
Your having trouble with customer service because the company that handles the customer service for bioware is one of the worst CS firms in the gaming world. They have been fired by Sony, Nintendo, and 2 other small companies. They now only deal with Bioware because no one else will have them

DotFreelance
06.12.2012 , 02:59 PM | #7
I love this game, but I agree that the CS is laughable...

I had trouble activating a trial account for a friend because I didn't know you had to click on "Download Game" for the account to be active. It's counter-intuitive, but it would have been solved if their CSRs knew what they were doing.

I've worked for ****** CS firms before, a multi-million dollar company that went under because they sucked at customer service, and seeing this company fumble through the same problems is what makes the situation laughable. The CSRs working there are like the children I used to work with, it's adorable how simple and ignorant they are.

Eric-Mi
06.12.2012 , 03:29 PM | #8
The problem here - is they have rules. Their rule says that they can only transfer guild leadership after the GM hasn't logged in for more than 30 days. Period. I have had issues with their customer service but when people use this as an example of bad customer service, you just look stupid.

You don't have to server transfer today. You can wait until Thursday - 31 days and you can loot the guild bank.

Imagine the issue on the other side for customer service. How many days is it OK to break their rule? How about I think it should be 14 days without a login and I can grab the guild. As long as BW follows their rules, when the GM comes back after a 32 day break and wonders why they gave away his guild, they can point to their rule. However, if they gave it to you today and he came back tomorrow and wondered the same thing, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Do I think some of their rules are bad? Yes I do (not this one by the way). But as long as they follow them consistently and you are told of the rule - that is all you can ask for from the CSR.