Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Muwarr's Avatar


Muwarr
06.12.2012 , 03:08 PM | #661
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The quantity will very likely change as we monitor the transfer process, so I can't really give a good estimate right now. We'll be adding new origin and destination servers with the goal of ensuring that destination server populations are healthy. This may mean sending more origin servers to a destination or opening up new destinations. Because of the nature of the process, it's hard to predict how many we will during a specific timeframe.
Thank you.

Is there a target time frame to try and complete this process? Are we talking in terms of a week? A month?

Imadian's Avatar


Imadian
06.12.2012 , 03:08 PM | #662
Quote: Originally Posted by Muwarr View Post
Is the quantity of servers listed today approximately what we can expect on a daily basis going forward?
Man, I sure hope not... this is just awful.
You can't fix stupid.

buckman's Avatar


buckman
06.12.2012 , 03:12 PM | #663
I would just like to know the upcoming Origin servers. I don't need to know the destinations yet (i know you guys don't want anyone tampering with the destination servers if you give full details.).

I would like to be able to inform my guild ahead of time and find out who will continue or not.

NastyPope's Avatar


NastyPope
06.12.2012 , 03:12 PM | #664
Quote: Originally Posted by Graves View Post
Let's call this what it really is, it's not a "character transfer"... Its server merges. If the player base is not given a choice aside from ONE server... its a merge.
Not even a standard merge, but an OPTIONAL merge. What about the people who elect not to transfer? Or the people with toons on the "select servers" who are currently unsubbed? Seriously, it's an example of a fuster-cluck at its finest.

johnnynumberfiv's Avatar


johnnynumberfiv
06.12.2012 , 03:13 PM | #665
I shouldn't be punished for re-rolling to a different server. As it stands there is still no way for me to combine my characters onto one server. I re-rolled because my server was dead ... this was well before Bioware made any announcement on transfer policies / server types. So, because my original server was RP-PVP and the server I re rolled to is just PVP I am more than likely going to get screwed over. My options were to either play alone on a dead server, re-roll or un-sub. I chose to keep playing because I genuinely LOVE the game. So if BW can't make the process simple for someone like me who has been here paying since day 1 then they are telling me I am not important thus neither is my business. Let's say they allow me to move my characters over for a fee of $5 per character ... That will end up costing them $15/Month for the next 2 - 3 years easily. When I find an MMO I stick with it for YEARS.

Wasn't the obvious choice just to combine servers? Why give people the option to transfer to only one other server?
Blessed Are The Flexible For They Do Not Get Bent Out Of Shape

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
06.12.2012 , 03:14 PM | #666 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Muwarr View Post
Thank you.

Is there a target time frame to try and complete this process? Are we talking in terms of a week? A month?
We will continue the process of monitoring and releasing new origins and destinations as long as we need to. I know that's vague, but it really is a process that requires us to proceed by reacting to the data we have. When we can get more specific, we will (it's always the goal to give details as soon as we're able to), but right now I don't have an estimate as to when we would be done opening servers to transfer.

johnnynumberfiv's Avatar


johnnynumberfiv
06.12.2012 , 03:15 PM | #667
Quote: Originally Posted by Muwarr View Post
Thank you.

Is there a target time frame to try and complete this process? Are we talking in terms of a week? A month?

Man i hope not because then you will be talking about only having enough players for 3 or 4 servers.
Blessed Are The Flexible For They Do Not Get Bent Out Of Shape

Onego's Avatar


Onego
06.12.2012 , 03:16 PM | #668
Can we please be told a tentative list of origin/destination servers? Please?

Eitri's Avatar


Eitri
06.12.2012 , 03:16 PM | #669
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The quantity will very likely change as we monitor the transfer process, so I can't really give a good estimate right now. We'll be adding new origin and destination servers with the goal of ensuring that destination server populations are healthy. This may mean sending more origin servers to a destination or opening up new destinations. Because of the nature of the process, it's hard to predict how many we will during a specific timeframe.
When you say, "adding new destination servers," do you mean adding brand new servers? If not, will new servers be opened later as transfer destinations? Those of us who care more about keeping our names than playing on a more populated server would prefer a new server to on with old, unplayed characters.

RedFox's Avatar


RedFox
06.12.2012 , 03:17 PM | #670
Port Nowhere

get me out of this nowhere place this weak or i'll cry