Any tips against sith inquisitor?

masterbason

Hi guys and ladies. :)

My vanguard is 50, full war hero armor and gun in the assalt spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZMsMMZfhrbzGGMs.1

I would like to have some tips against sith inquisitor... I don't know the spec, but seems to be that tank spec with a dps gear...

They have a powerfull purple shield( a more intensive one ) that when active our damage is greatly reduced... idk what I should do in this case, if a stun him or use cryo or continue in dps...

Ty and sorry about my poor english...

I would like to have some tips against sith inquisitor... I don't know the spec, but seems to be that tank spec with a dps gear...

They have a powerfull purple shield( a more intensive one ) that when active our damage is greatly reduced... idk what I should do in this case, if a stun him or use cryo or continue in dps...

Is all that gear of yours Augmented?

Translation:

Gear is all that is important.

Hey man, if you wanna play with no gear on, go right ahead. Seems silly to me, but whatevz.

OP - the reason I'm asking is cuz you can get yourself more beast if you get augments and put them in augmented gear along with the mods from your current gear.

Edited by Stradoo

Translation:

OMG isnt that the truth and so lame.

Are you two brothers?

Anyway... gear is important.. it's not all there is to it, but I guess I have a hard time understanding where the likes of you are coming from.

I mean, gear is easy to get and it's important. Whats the big deal?

The advanced class you are asking about is the Assassin.

The purple bubble is saber ward; a 50% increase in ranged and melee defense. This means your 'white' attacks will have a greater chance at missing. When this happens use your tech attacks.

Since you haven't asked yet but will inevitably run into this as well he will pop force shroud (Assassin's will glow white/Shadows gold). He will be immune to cc's and tech attacks so hit with white again at that point and snare/slow and kite until the 5 seconds are up.

Hey man, if you wanna play with no gear on, go right ahead. Seems silly to me, but whatevz.

OP - the reason I'm asking is cuz you can get yourself more beast if you get augments and put them in augmented gear along with the mods from your current gear.

The "beast" should come from within', not from being.....without. I'd be perfectly happy if PvP was played with no gear. At least then I'd know where I stand. Right now, my lvl 50 with WH is a snooze to play. I sneeze and fresh 50's die. Thats Beast? I'd say it's bizarre.....:confused:

The advanced class you are asking about is the Assassin.

The purple bubble is saber ward; a 50% increase in ranged and melee defense. This means your 'white' attacks will have a greater chance at missing. When this happens use your tech attacks.

Since you haven't asked yet but will inevitably run into this as well he will pop force shroud (Assassin's will glow white/Shadows gold). He will be immune to cc's and tech attacks so hit with white again at that point and snare/slow and kite until the 5 seconds are up.

ty a lot. I'll try it out. :D

For Sith Inquisitors try to interupt their attacks and self heals before they can do much damage by using stuns and grapple. Then lay down a lot of damage and turn on reactive shield. Use a medpack and maybe adrenals, take any advantage you can get because your goal is to run down their health before they run down yours. If he uses static barrier don't focus on damage just try to stop the siths attacks and to stay alive long enough for the static barrier to deionize ans then attack relentlessly without allowing the sith to get a single shot in Edited by Sangrar

The Tankasin outclasses you in terms of 1on1 capabilitiy. You'll not be able to beat him 1on1 if he is willing to use all his CDs. While your offense > his offense, his defense >>> your defense so he will win.

The primary method to deal with Tankasin is to find anyone else that you can kill faster than he can kill you to get a 2on1 advantage. Usually you'll end up with a trade, i.e. you kill another DPS while the Tankasin kills you, but that's about as good as you can expect against a class that is never at a disadvantage in a 1on1. If you can trade yourself for a healer, you're probably ahead. Better still, if you can get the Tankasin to guard the healer, now you're doing really good because the Tankasin's superior survivality evaporates when he's forced to guard the healer.

1 on 1, tankassin is at the top of the pile.

I agree with the previous poster: try to equalize the playing field by removing another player that is more beneficial, ie. a healer (ideally, but very difficult to do quickly), or a DPS who will not have as much defence as the tankassin.

In general, this type of situation isn't a good one to be in, (one on one). But, it certainly happens.

the best way to ensure success is first blow a defensive CD like reactive shield, and call for help ASAP.

You want to preserve HP as long as you can against this opponent, and, you can try to get him to blow his CD's as well while yours are active - this, however, is extremely difficult to do, since, he is much more likely to just stealth to lose combat status and healup if he's feeling threatened. To combat this, you have two different approaches.

First, keep him dotted up (incediary /burn), and plasma both count as a dot I think - but, beware that if he uses cleanse this won't work. Anyway, use this first as it won't hurt: KEEP HIM DOTTED as damage taken in stealth will pop him back out. - and thus will also interupt his meditation/self heal type thing.

Second: put your reload/meditate/out of combat self heal on a hotkey, and, spam it as soon as you fall out of combat due to him stealthing. This is a huge bonus, because often they won't see that you've started healing, and, you can often recover 1.5-2k HP or even more within just a few seconds of being out of combat. I use tilde key ( ~ ) beside the 1 onthe keyboard.

Spamming it will get you healing for the same length of time he gets. Which will make him very, very mad. It will also keep the fight fair-er.

As soon the dot pulls him out of stealth, or he notices you healing he'll pop out and attack you, and then it is time to lay into him hard, but, beware of his CD's, the purple one and white one, purple means kite using stuns and get behind him, or use LOS to try to limit damage, white means spam your damage and blow your damage boost CD's (relic+adrenal).

Remember to keep your dots up to have best chance to keep him out of stealth+not allow him to reheal.

Hope that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gINhQd4U-KY my video on how i vs each class.

My best tip is to stun early, if i know im vsing a good player, ill cry grenade them asap followed by my aoe stun, basically i do this so i can get a lead on them damage wise making them staggered. Make sure you break there CC asap and get some distance on them. Usually panic mode sets in for them after my stuns wear off and you can proceed to bubble and kite dps them, if youre playing your vanguard right no class should give you any trouble bar a good commando healer. try playing the 7/3/31 spec. Burst hard and fast!

The key i find is get to get the opening damage and put them off guard hence i use this spec to access storm.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801GRGbkRroMZRsr0oZb.1

The 27.12.2 allows me get the use of gut for a dot whilst i can use heavy damage from stock strike and high impact bolt to avoid armor rating. Plus as elemental damage avoids armor as it is, it' can practically spammed but this is my opinion.

If it's the tank spec with dps gear then it's not the SI that's bothering you. It's the Assassin (an AC of the SI).