Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the Sith really Evil?

lokdron
06.12.2012 , 01:12 PM | #221
I wonder why people try and make sith out as something they are not. They are evil they are pretty much anti of the jedi the sith embrace death, destruction, anger and hatred. Being sith is about gaining power no matter what the cost is and the sith religion view the dark side as the stronger side. Do you know how you gain power in the dark side? By causing death, suffering and destruction like what palpatine did in the clone wars I mean read Walsh's post I bet the dark side was really enjoying the chaos and destruction of the clone wars.

The sith order is a DARK SIDE religion and as I said before the dark side feeds on destruction, suffering and hate and by doing these acts sith gain more power which is what being sith is about the sith view power as its on purpose.

Madned
06.12.2012 , 01:15 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post

"It is a matter of perspective" is a line used by those who know what they are doing is wrong (and yeah, that applied to Obiwan too) or those who are so blind that they can no longer see the truth. Period. Good and evil are not now, nor have they ever been, a matter of perspective.

You claim that the "larger view" of Palpatine brought stability and order?

Exactly how do you claim this?

Before Palpatine started messing with the Republic it was orderly and stable and had been for thousands of years. The problems at Naboo? That was Palpatine. The rise of things like the Trade Federation? Palpatine again. How about the ENTIRE CLONE WAR? Palpatine destroyed any semblance of stability or order.

He committed genocide on peaceful people. He destroyed entire worlds. He enslaved entire races. He caused a galactic rebellion against his tyranny. He destroyed the Republic/Imperial economy. He caused untold pain and suffering and he did nothing again nothing to bring the criminal elements in check, quite the opposite he worked with the criminal elements to grant them even more power and allowed them to spread their influence further.

There is nothing, I repeat nothing that Palpatine did that actually spread order or stability.
Actually Alderaan was quite more orderly after Palpatine. Now there is no more crime, disease, poverty, or life anywhere on it and it's now a quite orderly astroid field. Clearly, he was a true defender of the Republic and all it stood for.

lokdron
06.12.2012 , 01:28 PM | #223
Actually I don't feel that bad about the empire blowing up alderaan after doing both the quest lines on the empire and republic side some part of me thinks they did the galaxy a favor by blowing it up. I can't believe I said that.... well the alderaan nobles are bloody annoying!

SAM_WOLINS
06.12.2012 , 06:45 PM | #224
the Sith in my opinion are not necessarily evil [well some are] they are force users with a different philosophy, people who have been pushed over the edge of morality, or are slaves who wanted a better live for themselves and wanted power

Liquidacid
06.12.2012 , 07:25 PM | #225
since evil is an abstract and depends on perspective I'm gonna go ahead and say yes and no because it depends who you are asking
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

grandmthethird
06.16.2012 , 03:53 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by SAM_WOLINS View Post
the Sith in my opinion are not necessarily evil [well some are] they are force users with a different philosophy, people who have been pushed over the edge of morality, or are slaves who wanted a better live for themselves and wanted power
Lol what do you mean,not all are evil. List some non evil sith please. As for the other part of your post, am I reading this right? Your saying they're only doing what is needed for a better life. Are you suggesting I should kill my boss? As he as a better job than me. Maybe I should take inspiration from others in this thread, and explain to the police that me killing my boss for his job is not a bad thing. It's just a matter of perspective or it's survival of the fittest

If that sounds silly, then imagine how silly some of "the sith aren't evil" arguments sound
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Lenlo
06.16.2012 , 03:59 PM | #227
It's a question of a fundamental nature.

What to do with Power.
Should it be used to rule the masses, or be used to protect and serve them?
Should it be used for your own ends, or the greater good?
Should it be treated as a weapon, or a tool?

I could go on forever, but one should get the posed problem.
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug
Our brains can't withstand mangled english of that magnitude!

Captain_Zone
06.16.2012 , 06:37 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Madned View Post
Actually Alderaan was quite more orderly after Palpatine. Now there is no more crime, disease, poverty, or life anywhere on it and it's now a quite orderly astroid field. Clearly, he was a true defender of the Republic and all it stood for.
I LOL'd hard at that one. I've said it before and I'll say it again here! TARKIN DID THE GALAXY A FAVOR!

ANYONE who has played Alderaan knows what I'm talking about. A shame about the scenery, but the nobles more than ruined the planet.
. OPOD
Best Dark Side Points in the game: Bounty Hunter ROFLCURBSTOMPING that nobleman on Alderaan when he mouths off.

Maaruin
06.17.2012 , 06:12 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I LOL'd hard at that one. I've said it before and I'll say it again here! TARKIN DID THE GALAXY A FAVOR!

ANYONE who has played Alderaan knows what I'm talking about. A shame about the scenery, but the nobles more than ruined the planet.
No no no no no. I played Alderaan and I love the planet. Taris is the planet that should be blown up once and for all.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

ToEasy
06.17.2012 , 07:22 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
No no no no no. I played Alderaan and I love the planet. Taris is the planet that should be blown up once and for all.
I agree. I hate Taris so much.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu