Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Epso
06.12.2012 , 11:02 AM | #181
After finally getting my lvl50 to PTS i've tested the Group Finder. Iam sure the following observations are known, but i want to share them along with my experiences and suggestions about improving it.
- First of all symbols of the character roles after entering an LFG instance are wrong on the player portraits. Tank symbol is the healer, Dps symbol is the tank and the Healer symbol is the dps. In the LFG window it shows fine.
- When someone leaves a group and we try to look for a replacement it just keep saying our group is Invalid. Additionally i find it confusing when we try to update roles, it shows multiple symbols of other for me in the LFG window. The symbols are usually in eachother or out of that little field.
- After you finish an LFG instance you can only exit to the fleet entrance of it. If you queued from somewhere else you should be able to return there.
- Adding some money reward to the daily rewards of the LFG could be nice.
- The LFG could be minimalized with a button when the group is matched, because sometimes theres a little wait time until all of the players press ready.

These are what ive experienced so far, and i hope i've helped with some of my suggestions.

AntoniaPhillips
06.12.2012 , 12:19 PM | #182 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Again!

Thanks for all of the additional feedback, we are taking note of it all!

I wanted to correct a mistake I made in my previous post about the queuing order. We evaluate Tier 2 first, then Tier 1. The correct order is:
  • At level 50 this will be in the following order: Story Mode Operations, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 2, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 1, Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations
  • Under level 50 this will be in the following order: Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations

I also wanted to let you know that the issue where the incorrect Role Icon is displayed will be fixed with the next version of Public Test.
Antonia "Toni" Phillips
@ToniPhillipsSW
Producer

DarthPierce
06.12.2012 , 12:43 PM | #183
Why is storymode denova lumped in with storymode KP and EV? Story denova is closer to nightmare KP and EV in difficulty and gear required - I cannot imagine successfully PUGing a storymode Denova. The "tank" will show up with lvl 47 greens and get 1 shotted. While KP and EV can be done with a group in blue gear, denova needs a mix of columi and rakata - there shuold be a tier-2 of operations just like you have for flashpoints.

wutru
06.12.2012 , 12:52 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniaPhillips View Post
Hi Again!

Thanks for all of the additional feedback, we are taking note of it all!

I wanted to correct a mistake I made in my previous post about the queuing order. We evaluate Tier 2 first, then Tier 1. The correct order is:
  • At level 50 this will be in the following order: Story Mode Operations, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 2, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 1, Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations
  • Under level 50 this will be in the following order: Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations

I also wanted to let you know that the issue where the incorrect Role Icon is displayed will be fixed with the next version of Public Test.
When can we expect the new patch? Also, PLEASE shrink the borders on the UI Panels. Give us minimalist design. There's no reason for the Panels to be big and clunky, with all that extra space taking up real estate on our screens.

psi_overtake
06.12.2012 , 01:01 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniaPhillips View Post
What do you want to see?
More of these posts! That was fantastic!!!
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

GamewizX
06.12.2012 , 01:05 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
It's not. There's going to be a Storymode (Normal), a Tier 1 Hardmode, a Tier 2 Hardmode, and then Nightmare.

I'll see if I can find where I read that. I think it was a Q&A.
Ah! Thank you for the clarification.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

Wesodd
06.12.2012 , 01:11 PM | #187
So why a group finder lockout?

I accidentially went into que as a healer om my Merc. didn't realise that by i had pressed accept on group and left it after talking to the group about if there was another to heal.

When i left the FP i was locked out for 12 mins or so. This was sue to my error sure. but you should remove to lockout when someone leave b4 starting any fights og let us unselect ready in the group window.

Also. It is hard to see the icons change when ppl get ready in the group box. Make it a brighter color plz

NoFishing
06.12.2012 , 01:16 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPierce View Post
Why is storymode denova lumped in with storymode KP and EV? Story denova is closer to nightmare KP and EV in difficulty and gear required - I cannot imagine successfully PUGing a storymode Denova
Me either. Story mode Denova should be removed from the group finder options, unless it is about to get a major nerf, which I really hope isn't the case. Or at least move it into a "Tier 2 Operations" category that is also disabled by default.

LohKey
06.12.2012 , 02:26 PM | #189
This is a great idea!

Take someone you don't like and tell everyone you know to put them on ignore so they can't use the group finder!
Pawning your Jedi Like A *** *** girl scout ***** *** ******* in your moms ****** *****!!
BH since 2004!
CE

alrun
06.12.2012 , 03:27 PM | #190
Somehow today I did not have a single queue pop up either on my 20, 25 and 50 level toon as healer. This seems a bit weird compared to the experience of the weekend or monday.