Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

slicing gathering nodes broken on coruscant

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
slicing gathering nodes broken on coruscant

picpus
06.11.2012 , 04:37 AM | #1
not where to put this thread actually... but right now the slicing nodes in coruscant are not harvestble. don't know if it is just me or other experience this issue....

parmie
06.11.2012 , 05:12 AM | #2
I'd guess a bug report for this but yes, I have the same issue.

foxylove
06.11.2012 , 01:22 PM | #3
they've been there quite some time.

They show up on your map but when you hover over them you cannot harvest them. At least that's the ones I experienced when I was over there.

EricJS
06.11.2012 , 01:46 PM | #4
More than likely, someone did the first part of slicing on that box, but didn't actually loot it. This can be caused by either having a full inventory, or moving too soon (I've had both happen to me). Basically, the box is sitting there waiting for the person that sliced it to loot it. They reset whenever the server gets rebooted, so that's a good time to run around doing slicing there.

jmnormand
06.11.2012 , 03:03 PM | #5
This bug has been around for quite some time. I actually thought they fixed it until i rerolled on a heavy server and found tons of bugged nodes. Assuming it is the same bug it means the node was activated but never looted, usually because the persons inventory was full.

These days my guess is some one is grinding the skill ups on a higher level character and does not care about the mats or consequences to others. Though its possible it was just a noob.

Anakis
06.11.2012 , 03:24 PM | #6
This bug has been around since beta. I only recently learned it's caused by players scanning the node but not picking it up due to moving or full inventory. That is such an easy fix, that it's just stupid it hasn't been fixed yet.

Possible fixes:
1) Check inventory status after scanning/casting but BEFORE changing the node to it's pickup state. If full, do not change node and give player full inventory error message. If not full, then freeze player in place until they are done bending down to pick it up.

2) Have the scanned resource that hasn't been collected despawn after a couple of minutes, so that a new spawn can replace it. *best fix*

3) Have a L50 Champion spawn and attack any player who does not harvest the node within 60 seconds of scanning it. This boss will deal 5k damage per second and cannot be defeated. When he deals the death blow he will tell you "don't be a d*ck, scan and pick." Then he will despawn.

Kourage
06.11.2012 , 10:56 PM | #7
I guess i will stop wasting my time bug reporting them.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

dazednconfuzed
06.12.2012 , 09:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Anakis View Post
This bug has been around since beta. I only recently learned it's caused by players scanning the node but not picking it up due to moving or full inventory. That is such an easy fix, that it's just stupid it hasn't been fixed yet.

Possible fixes:
1) Check inventory status after scanning/casting but BEFORE changing the node to it's pickup state. If full, do not change node and give player full inventory error message. If not full, then freeze player in place until they are done bending down to pick it up.

2) Have the scanned resource that hasn't been collected despawn after a couple of minutes, so that a new spawn can replace it. *best fix*

3) Have a L50 Champion spawn and attack any player who does not harvest the node within 60 seconds of scanning it. This boss will deal 5k damage per second and cannot be defeated. When he deals the death blow he will tell you "don't be a d*ck, scan and pick." Then he will despawn.
Haha!!! I want to see option 3 in game xD
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Telanis
06.12.2012 , 09:39 AM | #9
The Patch 1.2.7 notes say this has been fixed (again): http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.7/6122012