Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JeramieCrowe
06.12.2012 , 06:09 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniaPhillips View Post
Shuttling to Starting Location:
One of the issues most commonly noted is that you are not returned to your original location when you end/exit a Flashpoint or Operation.

This is not a bug; let me explain that a little bit better!

In the game today, without the Group Finder, when you exit a Flashpoint or Operation you are NOT shuttled back to your original location - you're taken to the entrance.

Although this is currently how the Flashpoint and Operation exit technology functions, we understand the importance of modifying this functionality, especially for the Group Finder. We already have a plan to provide this as soon as possible. The moment we know what update this can be included with, we will let you know!
Excellent!
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Melva
06.12.2012 , 06:34 AM | #172
My characters weren't copied to PTS, so I haven't had a chance to test this, but I'm concerned about planets whose bonus series are offset from the normal quest run. For instance, does the LFG tool correctly handle queuing for the Hoth Bonus Series Heroics? From what I've seen in this thread, it sounds like the tool is ok for queuing for HM FPs, but not much else.

deusBAAL
06.12.2012 , 07:20 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosKirin View Post
If this goes to live, I will use to no-port-back-to-origin-point as a free fleet pass, just to prove that people can and will.
There is a Back-To-Fleet Shuttle on every planet, you just need to QT close to it and use it.

However, BW should mark those shuttles on the maps including the QT map.

(Also I think that these shuttles could be used to initiate the port-to-group, instead of being just teleported from wherever you are...just for the ingame immersion. And after the FP is done a window pops up asking you if u want to go back to Fleet/Ilum or back to the shuttle you came from)
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

GamewizX
06.12.2012 , 08:12 AM | #174
Tiers of Flashpoints:
What is the difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 Flashpoints, you ask? Difficulty! Tier 2 Flashpoints are more difficult than Tier 1 and we felt that it wouldn’t be a good experience to place undergeared players into groups where they couldn’t meaningfully perform their assigned role. To support this, Tier 2 Flashpoints will be disabled by default and must be actively enabled through the Group Finder filters. Although there is only a single selection (Lost Island) for Tier 2 right now, there will be more in the future.

In addition, Tier 1 and Tier 2 Flashpoints share the same Group Finder daily reward mission. As we gather feedback when this feature goes live we will be making changes to the reward structure as needed.

If this is basically just choosing between Normal (Story) Mode and Hard Mode, why not just call it the way it has always been called? Trying to change the name to Tier 1 and 2 is the reason why people are probably confused. Just label it as Normal or Hard Mode.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

JeramieCrowe
06.12.2012 , 08:14 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
If this is basically just choosing between Normal (Story) Mode and Hard Mode, why not just call it the way it has always been called? Trying to change the name to Tier 1 and 2 is the reason why people are probably confused. Just label it as Normal or Hard Mode.
It's not. There's going to be a Storymode (Normal), a Tier 1 Hardmode, a Tier 2 Hardmode, and then Nightmare.

I'll see if I can find where I read that. I think it was a Q&A.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Forgon
06.12.2012 , 08:49 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
It's not. There's going to be a Storymode (Normal), a Tier 1 Hardmode, a Tier 2 Hardmode, and then Nightmare.

I'll see if I can find where I read that. I think it was a Q&A.
I was under the impression tiers meant what you could complete. Nightmare EV or KP is the last tier 1 op and then SM Denova is the beginning of Tier 2 for Ops, same with LI NM being the beginning of Tier 2 for FPs. That is where the breaking point for new gear and harder content begins as far as I am aware.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Dyvid
06.12.2012 , 09:16 AM | #177
Just a quick reply on HMFP Tier and Gear Score. I think the Tier is fine but you need to reevaluate what can be done by a fresh 50 player. Worse case scenario is you're going to have a tank / dps / healer with all 49-50 green armor. If that person can't complete the HMFP then it's Tier 2.

The mind set of someone who just dinged 50 is basically start doing HMFP to get Tionese gear. They are going to que for Tier 1, fail, and get very frustrated.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the mystery of darkness In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

Elear
06.12.2012 , 09:50 AM | #178
I've just noticed that on Group Finder runs I get double social points - once after conversation ends, then after finishing FP standard batch. Is that intended?(If yes, nice feature)

JeramieCrowe
06.12.2012 , 09:54 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
I was under the impression tiers meant what you could complete. Nightmare EV or KP is the last tier 1 op and then SM Denova is the beginning of Tier 2 for Ops, same with LI NM being the beginning of Tier 2 for FPs. That is where the breaking point for new gear and harder content begins as far as I am aware.
Ahh, yes, but it includes HM's too:

Quote:
tkinnunzero: In Game Update 1.3, can you briefly summarize what is the endgame Operation gear progression, i.e. what is the path a fresh level 50 is intended to be following that will see him/her eventually conquer the highest difficulties and end up fully decked in Best-in-Slot gear in every slot?

Jason:
We expect a fresh level 50 character to start with a mixture of high level Premium and Prototype gear from missions, crafting and planetary commendations. For players interested in Group PvE end-game content the first step would be to use Group Finder to go through the Normal Mode Flashpoints until you acquire a full set of Prototype gear, probably mixed with several Artifact/Tionese items or mods. Next up would be hard mode Flashpoints (starting with tier 1 then moving on to the harder tier 2 Rakghoul Flashpoints) and story-mode Operations (starting with Eternity Vault then moving on to Karraga’s Palace) where you pick up your Columi/Energized gear. Finally you’d get into story mode Explosive Conflict to pick up your Rakata gear, and use the Black Hole commendations to start picking up Black Hole gear. To progress past this point you’ll need a guild at your back capable of doing Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Operations. Starting into hard modes immediately after story mode Eternity Vault will let your dramatically accelerate your Columi and Rakata gearing, and Hard Mode Explosive Conflict lets you rapidly pick up Black Hole gear and is the only way to pick up the top-of-the-line Campaign gear set.

Once you have good gear that you feel you’re going to hold on to for a while you can improve it by adding Augments through crafting and Item Modification Tables. You can also optimize it by extracting mods from duplicate pieces of Operation gear to get the perfect balance of stats for your character build. Crafting also has a role to play, especially if your guild has a lot of extra Operation gear they can reverse engineer. It allows you to augment your gear more quickly and cheaply, customize the look of your gear, and help gear up your new guild-mates with powerful crafted mods and items.

If you enjoy solo content playing the daily mission hubs on Ilum, Belsavis and Corellia can help rack up the credits and accelerate your early end-game gear progression. The Galactic Trade Network provides opportunities to buy powerful mods and items with all those credits, while providing a decent income for the end-game crafters.

Our plan for future Operation game updates is to have Group Finder players to progress from Story mode to Story mode, while Operation guilds move into Hard Mode of the new operation (possibly dropping back into Story Mode to learn fight mechanics or gear up new players) then progress into Nightmare Mode. We intend to introduce Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode in the same update (Nightmare Explosive Conflict was delayed to allow us get some exciting new Nightmare Mode tech into the game which we should have more details on soon). We’re also planning on having Hard Mode Flashpoint rewards continue to progress as we introduce new tiers of content, allowing new players to skip past some of the earlier Operations (if their guild has already completed them and doesn’t wish to go back, for example).

celldoom
06.12.2012 , 10:36 AM | #180
Ignore lists and Group Finder:
Quick Tip: if you place a player on your ignore list you will never be matched in a Group Finder group with that player. Although we have a loading screen tip already implemented for this option, we realize that we will need to more clearly communicate this.
While at it may i sugest that the group finder prioritises people from friends list? That way, if i realy enjoyed playing with some players i can add them to friends list so that the system would favor queueing me with them if it happens that we queue at same time.