Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual Speccing in the Future?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Dual Speccing in the Future?

jtravisp
12.18.2011 , 08:09 AM | #1
I couldn't find a recent thread dedicated to this topic. There is a lot of discussion about switching your advanced class (AC). I think this would be very bad if you could change your class at will. It would be very nice, however, to be able to change your spec whenever you want.

"That other game" has this feature. At a certain level you unlock the ability to change how your class is specced. You can also save different "gearsets" for different purposes (PvP, healing, DPS, etc.).

This has been mentioned in other posts, but I didn't see a dedicated topic. Has anything been said about the possibility of this happening?

pmarsh
12.18.2011 , 10:27 AM | #2
The thing about dual speccing is that its essentially a patch for bad talent design. WoW only implemented it because going as a healer or tank screwed you over concerning questing.

Companions are SWTOR's solution to this. You don't need a second spec if you have a buddy out there boosting your damage, tanking for you or topping off your health.

I'm also pretty sure respeccing in your AC is in the game and somewhat cheap last time I heard.

jtravisp
12.18.2011 , 01:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by pmarsh View Post
The thing about dual speccing is that its essentially a patch for bad talent design. WoW only implemented it because going as a healer or tank screwed you over concerning questing.

Companions are SWTOR's solution to this. You don't need a second spec if you have a buddy out there boosting your damage, tanking for you or topping off your health.

I'm also pretty sure respeccing in your AC is in the game and somewhat cheap last time I heard.
Respeccing is supposed to be more expensive every time you do it.

It's not a "patch for bad talent design." It allows players to more fully experience the class they have chosen.

WoW implemented it because it's good game design.