Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare mode Flashpoints

Fallerup
06.11.2012 , 08:56 PM | #1
like the title says... what do you think of this?

It could be a way for socials to gear up.

lets say Nightmare mode drops rakata and nightmare Lost island drops rakata MH weapon & campaign chest.

lets be fair. Not everyone has the time or energy to raid 4-5 times a week. This could be an option for them, if they wanna see the gear.

I'm not asking for this because I need it or anything, I dont. I fully support the way it's done now, but... I'm wondering why this hasn't been implemented, since you have nightmare Ops?
Gogata, Class: Shieldtech Powertech

pureeffinmetal
06.11.2012 , 10:28 PM | #2
At this point Nightmare Flashpoints would be cool however, dropping Rakata and Black hole or Campaign from flash points is not a good idea.

The only way I think it would be a good idea to drop these high quality rewards from flash points is if Nightmare adds Mechanics to each boss; prevents trash from being skippable, etc. Make it truly a Nightmare.

If all you're going to do is increase damage output and thus require better gear, then its a bad idea to put in Nightmare Flash Points and give players the highest rewards.

Also I think you'd have to introduce a minimum of a 3-day lockout for each Nightmare Flashpoint and quite frankly a week is probably better. People running operations can only access the majority of their loot once a week so I don't think it would be fair to introduce Rakata (or BH/Campaign) drops en masse into a flash point that can be farmed multiple times a day.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Fallerup
06.11.2012 , 11:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
At this point Nightmare Flashpoints would be cool however, dropping Rakata and Black hole or Campaign from flash points is not a good idea.

The only way I think it would be a good idea to drop these high quality rewards from flash points is if Nightmare adds Mechanics to each boss; prevents trash from being skippable, etc. Make it truly a Nightmare.

If all you're going to do is increase damage output and thus require better gear, then its a bad idea to put in Nightmare Flash Points and give players the highest rewards.

Also I think you'd have to introduce a minimum of a 3-day lockout for each Nightmare Flashpoint and quite frankly a week is probably better. People running operations can only access the majority of their loot once a week so I don't think it would be fair to introduce Rakata (or BH/Campaign) drops en masse into a flash point that can be farmed multiple times a day.
of course... this goes without saying. the lockout should be the same as Ops (or half). also additional mechanics are required, not just ramped up dmg and hp.
Gogata, Class: Shieldtech Powertech

Kakachan
06.11.2012 , 11:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallerup View Post
lets be fair. Not everyone has the time or energy to raid 4-5 times a week. This could be an option for them, if they wanna see the gear.
if people not gonna raid and try to finish content for what purpose they will need campaign chest, also they already give you chance to get best gear without raiding, put black hole mods to a tionese/columi/rakata item and you have best possible gear in game... lost island is too easy compared to EC hm, it will not be fair to drop campaign gear

AshlaBoga
06.11.2012 , 11:51 PM | #5
Actually I think this is a good idea.

Here's why: in 1.3 getting BH gear will be easier since there's LFG Dailies that reward BH comms. I'm guessing that the que will take a while and since it's not a premade it might end up failing (at least on HM D7) but overall you should able to get 4-5 BH dailies done a week. That's 20-25 comms extra, I'm of course assuming that most people won't have time to do all 3 LFG Dailies (the normal mode FPs don't give BH comms, only Daily comms).

Having Nightmare FPs drop Rakata/Black Hole gear makes sense. Make the Nightmare FPs as hard as HM LI, I don't want to see fresh 50s doing them. I think that Nightmare LI should drop Rakata and 1 campaign boot token off Dr. Lorrik - BUT the Nightmare FPs need a lockout (3-5 days) to prevent people farming them. I just don't like having to get 15 people (you can do it without a full 16) together to kill NP on Voss just so I can have a 1/8 chance of getting the Campaign boots. I'd rather they introduce a 2nd way to get Campaign boots - and Nightmare LI is a great way of accomplishing that.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!