Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 15th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 15th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AntigenX
06.11.2012 , 12:19 PM | #171
Greetings! Any word on when neutral faction items will be introduced? My relic-less Trooper has a perpetual sad face.

Thanks!

Elfindreams
06.11.2012 , 12:29 PM | #172
Well since I have tried support case, post and even private message to one of the community team... might as well try here.

What does the "cover fire" keybind do?

Note: keybind, not passive skill and not "take cover" or "take cover in place" specifically "cover fire". It does not have any function in advanced class cover mechanics that anyone has been able to detect.

This question has been asked at various times since december and lots of people have their theories but no official answer from anyone in bioware.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

Skondy
06.11.2012 , 12:40 PM | #173
Can one of the Developers give a detailed breakdown on how threat is generated? I have heard that it is generated more by how many times a player can land blows on the boss than by how much damage is dealt. So that a tank can hold aggro better by using his basic attack (rapid shots, saber strike, etc) in combination with his high threat moves, rather than trying to do as much damage as possible to a boss. Thanks!

Blaac
06.11.2012 , 12:50 PM | #174
Are there any plans to make Armstech a useful end game crafting skill when compared to others? Currently every craft is given some form of Rakata level item as a bonus for max skill, except Armstech. During flashpoints and operations every craft is regularly given some form of patterns that drop, except Armstech. Currently Armstech is reduced to spitting out augmentable weapon shells, a few augments, and lower barrels/weapons for leveling. There is no end game stuff to craft that everyone else gets.
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

Bottcobco
06.11.2012 , 01:21 PM | #175
As a way to increase the variety of "looks" in the game without having to resort to the creation of a huge variety of gear packages, I was wondering if there were any plans in the works to create a gear editor similar to editor used to create the look of your character when you first roll them? For example, for a particular chest piece there could be a slider that adjusts the colour, another for the contours of the edges, etc. This could add some variety to the gear without having to create tons of new looks. Thanks for all your hard work team!

darthnader
06.11.2012 , 01:24 PM | #176
I was wondering if there is any possibility for a Dragon Age-type AI tactics system for companion characters being implemented or has ever been considered? It seems like a better way to control character behavior in combat than the current system, provided that it is viable here. Thanks.

AllisonBerryman
06.11.2012 , 01:28 PM | #177 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for posting your questions, everyone! Watch this Friday for our new Q&A blog!