Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR references?

Wallner
06.11.2012 , 04:26 AM | #1
Hey guys!

I just wanted to know if you've found any quests, items or NPC's that's somehow related to the kotor games?

Would be fun to find out how many kotor easter eggs Bioware's put in

I think I've only encountered the Revan quests and The Endar Spire so far, how about you guys?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

frobalt
06.11.2012 , 06:23 AM | #2
Another (obvious) example is how Taris is a wasteland and the republic are trying to re-build it.

There's also the fact that there are rakghouls on Taris (you fight them in the undercity on Taris in KOTOR)

On the Republic side, and even the first FP on imperial side, you come across Satele Shan, who is supposedly a descendant of Bastila Shan from KOTOR.

Can't think of many more off the top of my head.
Spoiler

Leovinus
06.11.2012 , 06:39 AM | #3
I haven't actually played through all of KOTOR, so I'm sure I've missed some (likely a lot), but on Taris, there is a whole promised land thing on the Republic side.

bright_ephemera
06.11.2012 , 08:23 AM | #4
Satele Shan is a descendant of Bastila Shan.

There is reason to believe that a purple Twi'lek NPC on Black Talon, Yadira Ban, is a direct descendant
Spoiler

Taris is chock full, and it heavily indicates the canon outcomes of KOTOR:
Spoiler

A Smuggler runs across what is labeled Canderous Ordo's skull; the Ulgos on Alderaan are very proud of the role that their ancestor Trask played in evacuating you-know-who from the Spire (Trask was the guy who did the game tutorial); I believe some player class needs to sell or steal the preserved head of Darth Bandon.

A set of eight monuments on Corellia are dedicated to the non-droid members of the KOTOR party: Bastila, Carth, Canderous, Juhani, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and you-know-who. The Republic gets a quest to fix these monuments after the Empire defaces them.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

SEGMENTUM
06.11.2012 , 08:33 AM | #5
They don't show up for me, even after fixing them, maybe it's bugged or BW just thought nobody would notice.
Anyway... in the Ord Mantell cantina, there's a song on the jukebox called "For the Republic", I think I recognize it from KOTOR. The same track also plays when doing the bonus quest in Sobrik, when you have to reprogram the imperial cantina sound system.
Oteg mentions a Republic ship named Onasi in Maelstrom,
Spoiler

During one of the early BH quests on Hutta you can mimic Calo Nord with the countdown thing.
The "Knight of the Republic" title of the JK may be a not-so-subtle reference too.
During the Consular story there's an ambassador/senator guy from Manaan in your ship. Also all the Kolto abilities.
The high-level Guardian helms may be modeled after the headgear in KOTOR, both are goggles/visors of some sort.

bright_ephemera
06.11.2012 , 08:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SEGMENTUM View Post
They don't show up for me, even after fixing them, maybe it's bugged or BW just thought nobody would notice.
Unfortunately, the monument "fix" on Corellia doesn't display. I watched, eagerly, but the display holo flickered and vanished again...I guess we have to settle for the idea that they have the KOTOR party's names on them.

One of the Sith commanders on Corellia gives his orders from the vessel Tears of Taris. Fondly named after the historic event.

Several family names seem to last for a long time. There's a Senator Dodonna in the Smuggler line (Rebel General Dodonna, anybody?) and a Jedi Knight contact on Nar Shaddaa by the name of Rieekan (possibly related to the rebel General Rieekan at Hoth's Echo Base in ESB).

There's a scavenging (I think) mission that sends your companion to an old estate on Dantooine...it might actually mention it was the Matale estate, I'm not sure.

The Imperial Nar Shaddaa questline in the upper industrial sector has an interesting side tour
Spoiler
Actually, the game has a lot about the fallout from the Star Forge and related technologies; most of that is in flashpoints.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

SupremeLegate
06.11.2012 , 12:59 PM | #7
Here's one I ran into, though I don't remember the specific quest. On Belmorra, Republic side, you have to sneak into Sobrik and you get a Stage Bonus. One of the Stages, 2 I think, is to sabotage the music in the Catina, when you do the music changes to the music played on the KOTOR loading screen.

Varium
06.11.2012 , 02:42 PM | #8
Also BH meets
Spoiler
descendant one time in the part of the story.
50 V Legacy

Chanez
06.11.2012 , 09:24 PM | #9
on narshadda as empire you find Revans mega machine which makes food, water and shelter somehow, i forget what it is called though...

maxetius
06.11.2012 , 10:35 PM | #10
The quest 'Last Battle of the Endar Spire' plays the Endar Spire battle music [played in the first 5 minutes of KOTOR] upon completion. Which I found kinda cool.