Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing the Hammer

BoShekk
12.18.2011 , 08:22 AM | #11
I am a level 17 Bounty Hunter healer, and I am able to do this dungeon with three people and a companion. Once you figure out the strategies and use CC, this dungeon is cake. We had a tank, a dps, a healer and a companion dps. Like i said, once we learned the fights we destroyed this place, and we are all level 15-17.

Oh, and our tank is my 11 year old son........

You just need compitent players.
Squadron 367

SituationSoap
12.18.2011 , 08:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BoShekk View Post
I am a level 17 Bounty Hunter healer, and I am able to do this dungeon with three people and a companion. Once you figure out the strategies and use CC, this dungeon is cake. We had a tank, a dps, a healer and a companion dps. Like i said, once we learned the fights we destroyed this place, and we are all level 15-17.

Oh, and our tank is my 11 year old son........

You just need compitent players.
Well, to be fair, the "tank" for the OP was a companion.

OP: Using a tank companion is going to be harder than any human, because they never move out of stuff, they never reorient the boss, and they don't have any cooldowns to make it easier on the healer.

Also, those first five in additional force and force reduction talents are pretty much mandatory for any build.

PhoenixMatrix
12.18.2011 , 09:49 AM | #13
That flashpoint is duoable with companions starting at level 17ish. 18-19 if you don't have a human healer I would guess, though I never tried.

The trick is really to have people/companion on the adds at all time, and just slowly take down the boss. By the end the adds may come too fast depending on your setup, so you just ignore them and burst the boss down.

Its pretty trivial honestly, but I've had issues where some players were worse than companions (thus why i started duoing it). If people are not avoiding stuff, aren't dealing with adds properly, etc, you're better off kicking them out and bringing out an extra companion.

Also, at that level, armor rating aside, tanks are really not "tanks", but just "damage dealers that take a bit less healing". The difference between someone with 1000 armor and 2000 armor is 10%~ mitigation, nevermind at lower ratings where the difference is smaller. So you're better off having a beefy damage dealer then a dedicated tank, but people are having issues getting out of the mindset of other MMOs.

Heck, if you have a biochem on your team with a lot of purple buffs/med, its probably doable without a healer at all (and arguably easier if the group is DPS heavy)

Balancer
12.18.2011 , 10:20 AM | #14
i did this last night had we needed 4 tries to get him because either i ran outo of force or had to canccel my heals to avoid the mines, which both led to a dead tank or a dead healer
but i think this 1 is just a hard boss (i like that ) a few more tries and it will be better
lokking forward to Athiss tonight
Möge der Saft mit euch sein!

Nakemi
12.18.2011 , 01:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Balancer View Post
i did this last night had we needed 4 tries to get him because either i ran outo of force or had to canccel my heals to avoid the mines, which both led to a dead tank or a dead healer
but i think this 1 is just a hard boss (i like that ) a few more tries and it will be better
lokking forward to Athiss tonight
Yeah I think it is just a little bit of a mechanics check for players who are used to standing still and melting faces. Both Tank and DPS need to be ready to move out of stuff pretty quickly.
I had a 3 Sentinel group and it was.... Interesting. All 3 of them eating the full duration of his cone aoe had me out of force pretty early in the fight :P
We be Smuggling