Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DFSniper
06.10.2012 , 09:06 PM | #131
There is a serious bug here:

I'm queued with 3 people and the queue will pop, but it will show a list of people (none are in my group) and when I select Ready it goes to "Waiting on 2" and then "Waiting on 4." And if I decline the box just pops back up and I get 7-10 notification messages that "A group has been found." To fix it we had to quit the group and retry. Then the queue window would pop up with the same 4th person who would never accept, and the only way to get a group going was to add a 4th and then use GF. Now, while in the middle of Esseles, I would get a window to pop up to get me to join another group WHILE I WAS GROUPED. The other people from that list would then whisper me telling me to accept and I had to explain to them that it was a bug and I was already in a flashpoint.
The Clan-Skirata Legacy | Shadowlands <Widowmakers>

Houzukimaru
06.10.2012 , 09:31 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Shlamorel View Post
Are you DPS? If so, I imagine that may be contributing to your queue wait =[
Nope, Columi level Commando Combat Medic, i.e. Healer. So I have no idea.

ZalTaur
06.10.2012 , 10:31 PM | #133
Strangely, my Group Finder Tool does not allow me to queue for Flashpoints. I can queue for planetary destinations, but all my Flashpoint options are greyed out despite being lvl 19. I was able to group up for Black Talon once, and nothing after. I've asked around and no one else seems to have this problem. It's very strange.

Keigh
06.10.2012 , 11:51 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by ZalTaur View Post
Strangely, my Group Finder Tool does not allow me to queue for Flashpoints. I can queue for planetary destinations, but all my Flashpoint options are greyed out despite being lvl 19. I was able to group up for Black Talon once, and nothing after. I've asked around and no one else seems to have this problem. It's very strange.
I had to go and pick up the quests for the Flashpoints first then log out and back in to queue for flashpoints.

darkapprentice
06.11.2012 , 12:17 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Keigh View Post
I had to go and pick up the quests for the Flashpoints first then log out and back in to queue for flashpoints.
if you can't queue, make sure you don't have the quest then all you have to do is reset the UI, a relog shouldn't be necessary unless the UI reset doesn't help.
Eclipse Vet (Sarah'Skye/Kara') Pre-CU TKA/Master Doc.
<RRR> Member. Ex member of <-A-> and Musica
Chim: Kyera and Sarah' Ex Member of SoS (Sisters of Serenity)

spectreclees
06.11.2012 , 12:20 AM | #136
I have a suggestion for this feature if it hasn't been stated yet. Please add a way to see how long we have been in queue and what we are missing in the group. In other words a display of what we have and what's missing.

Example: Light up Tank Icon if we have it
Example: Do not light up dps icons if we have no dps.

And so on.

Swordy
06.11.2012 , 02:36 AM | #137
I'd like a ready check on the players individually rather than a "X players waiting" dialog.

The greatest thing about the Group Finder tool is that it allows you to participate in groups but not sit around on Fleet, thus Fleet makes more sense. I will need to pick a home planet. I heard Hoth is nice this time of the year.

Blisst_uNF
06.11.2012 , 03:36 AM | #138
Does anyone know...

If the group finder will respect your ignore list, or disregard it?

Thanks in advance!
Raive Starsight <Rogue Elite> (The Harbinger)

Sparklehorse
06.11.2012 , 03:59 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
no, the only way is to redesign the FPs dont need tank or healer,
just need a full group.
See? it is easy, not for hardcore players.
remember u did a low level FP?
just need 4 or less ppl, u can use ur companion,
we just cleared few FPs yesterday,
need skilled players, not just stupid tank healer dps triangle.
Let's reinvent the wheel while we're at it?
Stop exploding you cowards!

alrun
06.11.2012 , 07:31 AM | #140
I just ran Esseles with a group a force users 2x shadow, 1x sentinel and 1x sage and it felt really slow for a "speed run".

I think this is mainly because we are missing AoE. On Imperial side a group of 2x agents and a healer bounty hunter will make fast work of any trash groups while we had a really hard time running to each single target.

Also I found it annoying that spawning trash seems to be invincible the first seconds thus taking no damage from exploding stuff. Sometimes they die instantly, sometimes they ignore it, sometimes they are just knocked to the floor with full HP.