Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elear
06.10.2012 , 09:13 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilysanth View Post
1) One person didn't show right away (bio break) and another group member started the vote to kick. I did not vote (was trying to ask group member why he started this when it had only been a few minutes) but member was kicked anyway. A non-vote shouldn't be counted as a yes! I would assume a group vote should be unanimous in order to kick.
It's here to let you out of situation where you have 2 afk players.

Only feature I think it desperately needs, is CD or anything to discourage people from fishing for easy 'random' flashpoints. 2 or 5 min sitout if you decline group or not accept it in time. Wouldn't hurt anyone that really can't get into instnce right now, but it would preven getting pop with same people over and over until thwy get 'random' flashpoint they like.

Some feature to transform your group into normal one after finishing content would also be nice, would alow to requeue quickly as group.

alrun
06.10.2012 , 09:16 AM | #122
Cross Server Queues to get more healers / tanks

Cross server queues will only increase the sample size for the group finder. Healers and especially tanks are usually hard to find.

For one the tank and the healer usually gets the blame when things go wrong. As tank your group can work with you or against you, but it's the group that decides which way things go.

If you have a group finder queue with 10% tanks, 20% healers and 70% dps on average on a single server, a cross server queue will not change that. instead of 5 tanks, 10 healers and 35 dps you will have ten times of then but the lack stays the same.

You need to encourage people to tank / by being nice to them, not to pull aggro and please leave CC's alone.

On PTS i have had groups that worked perfect, that would mark and even leave unmarked CC's alone / other groups will simply AOE anything or just dot a mark.

Maxumus
06.10.2012 , 09:49 AM | #123
I like the group finder but feel a couple more options could be added. They should consider allowing you to queue up for world bosses relevent to your level in addition to just the planetary content especially with the newer quests which require killing them.

AridanS
06.10.2012 , 01:56 PM | #124
Group finder only works with flashpoints??

what about Heroics!! OMG....we NEED it for Heroics more than anything!!

With the problems of finding people on when I play, I was really hoping that this would truly be a GROUP FINDER and not a Flashpoint finder...
I am unhappy with this....

ScicleX
06.10.2012 , 02:09 PM | #125
If you queue up for a warzone and group finder at the same time, once one of them prompts you to queue up and you accept it it should remove you from the opposing queue to avoid receiving another queue pop-up once inside of an instance, and coaxing you to remove yourself from said instance and leaving your allies behind a man short.

When I selected travel now to Planetary Quests through the Group Finder from inside of a warzone (not sure if the warzone played any part in this) it took me to Coruscant by the crafting trainers where I already was before I accepted the initial warzone queue. It did not group me with any other players, didn't take me into any instanced areas, and the Ground Finder queue button showed a green dot on it, but would only display the 'Travel Now or Travel Later' dialog box when I clicked on it, thus not allowing me to leave the queue. I had to log out to get around this issue.

Also when I clicked the Group Finder multiple times, I would receive the Travel dialog box multiple times stacked on top of itself, thus forcing me to have to close each dialog box individually.
Officer, CotP SWTOR PVE The Shadowlands Chapter
Membership Application - Covenant of the Phoenix - Chapter Forums
Republic: Sciclex - Le'sath - Alniyat - Shaula
Empire: Ant-ares - Apølløn - Dschubba - Graffias

SFxBA
06.10.2012 , 03:28 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by AridanS View Post
Group finder only works with flashpoints??

what about Heroics!! OMG....we NEED it for Heroics more than anything!!

With the problems of finding people on when I play, I was really hoping that this would truly be a GROUP FINDER and not a Flashpoint finder...
I am unhappy with this....
I am in full agreement on this and also the WB queuing too. I understand that is kinda of the planet que, but would be a lot easier to just have a heroic box.

xDementedx
06.10.2012 , 03:57 PM | #127
Since Lost Island (Tier 2) and the other HMs (Tier 1) are seperated I believe Denova (Tier 2) and the other two Operations should be separated.
GeorgZoeller: "If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix."

Deewe
06.10.2012 , 06:36 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by alrun View Post
Cross Server Queues to get more healers / tanks

Cross server queues will only increase the sample size for the group finder. Healers and especially tanks are usually hard to find.

For one the tank and the healer usually gets the blame when things go wrong. As tank your group can work with you or against you, but it's the group that decides which way things go.

If you have a group finder queue with 10% tanks, 20% healers and 70% dps on average on a single server, a cross server queue will not change that. instead of 5 tanks, 10 healers and 35 dps you will have ten times of then but the lack stays the same.

You need to encourage people to tank / by being nice to them, not to pull aggro and please leave CC's alone.

On PTS i have had groups that worked perfect, that would mark and even leave unmarked CC's alone / other groups will simply AOE anything or just dot a mark.
The only doable way to mitigate this is dual (or more) specs.

oakamp
06.10.2012 , 07:40 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
The only doable way to mitigate this is dual (or more) specs.
no, the only way is to redesign the FPs dont need tank or healer,
just need a full group.
See? it is easy, not for hardcore players.
remember u did a low level FP?
just need 4 or less ppl, u can use ur companion,
we just cleared few FPs yesterday,
need skilled players, not just stupid tank healer dps triangle.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Raideag
06.10.2012 , 07:51 PM | #130
Just wanted to point out that my character on the PTS is currently level 14 and was able to pick-up the quest for Hammer Station on corruscant and the one on the Fleet. Yet the LFG tool will not let me queue for the FP till I'm level 15. Might want to make the requirements the same requirements for picking up the quests instead of having 2 separate requirements.
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)