Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jgelling's Avatar


jgelling
06.10.2012 , 07:25 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Someone missed the part where they have said they've written SO much in the last year, they are far far ahead of anything we've ever seen, the SGRA content is coming with the major story content update, that could be as early as 1.4 given the hints towards companion heavy content.
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...aniel-erickson

Quote:
Will we see new story, new missions, and conversations for companions with the new level cap?

Not with this first one, no.
It's not happening this year - they're not even pretending it will. How anyone can believe these people at this point is beyond me. Enjoy the game for what's in it now - of course they say they have all kinds of "stuff" written. They even say they've got stuff from the people they fired. Are they going to spend money to produce this stuff? Not in the foreseeable future.

I hate to be a downer but seriously - you're talking about a feature a guy they fired promised a year ago would be in soon after launch and now definitely won't be in even after the first skill cap increase, so at least another 6 months. There's not enough role-playing in this world to convince me they haven't tossed this overboard as super-low priority on their list.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
06.10.2012 , 07:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...aniel-erickson



It's not happening this year - they're not even pretending it will. How anyone can believe these people at this point is beyond me. Enjoy the game for what's in it now - of course they say they have all kinds of "stuff" written. They even say they've got stuff from the people they fired. Are they going to spend money to produce this stuff? Not in the foreseeable future.

I hate to be a downer but seriously - you're talking about a feature a guy they fired promised a year ago would be in soon after launch and now definitely won't be in even after the first skill cap increase, so at least another 6 months. There's not enough role-playing in this world to convince me they haven't tossed this overboard as super-low priority on their list.
I'll take the factual statements and the simplicity that there IS new story content, it's called Makeb, we know what we know, stop spreading your doom gloom never gonna happen spin, because unless the Devs outright state that we won't see any, I have a hard time believing you, they promised this year and they promised with major content, simple as that.

You also blatantly assume they are only doing one level cap increase, or that it will even be related to the level cap AT ALL.

jgelling's Avatar


jgelling
06.10.2012 , 07:38 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I'll take the factual statements and the simplicity that there IS new story content, it's called Makeb, we know what we know, stop spreading your doom gloom never gonna happen spin, because unless the Devs outright state that we won't see any, I have a hard time believing you, they promised this year and they promised with major content, simple as that.

You also blatantly assume they are only doing one level cap increase, or that it will even be related to the level cap AT ALL.
Again, from the Darthhater interview:


Quote:
Will we see new story, new missions, and conversations for companions with the new level cap?

Not with this first one, no.

Just don't get mad at BW when this doesn't happen is all I'm saying - you've been warned and you have every reason to suspect this isn't going to happen.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
06.10.2012 , 07:50 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
Again, from the Darthhater interview:


Quote:
Will we see new story, new missions, and conversations for companions with the new level cap?

Not with this first one, no.

Just don't get mad at BW when this doesn't happen is all I'm saying - you've been warned and you have every reason to suspect this isn't going to happen.
Well you've expressed your opinions, I think that's all we have to talk about.

Zandilar's Avatar


Zandilar
06.10.2012 , 08:01 AM | #15
Hmm... Maybe it's time we start bugging them again about an update?
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
06.10.2012 , 08:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Hmm... Maybe it's time we start bugging them again about an update?
I would leave it till AFTER 1.3, when the majority of popular demands have swept past, I would simply wait for the questions that ask about Story content update, rather than just flat-out asking for SGRAs.

MusedMoose's Avatar


MusedMoose
06.10.2012 , 09:42 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...aniel-erickson

It's not happening this year - they're not even pretending it will. How anyone can believe these people at this point is beyond me. Enjoy the game for what's in it now - of course they say they have all kinds of "stuff" written. They even say they've got stuff from the people they fired. Are they going to spend money to produce this stuff? Not in the foreseeable future.

I hate to be a downer but seriously - you're talking about a feature a guy they fired promised a year ago would be in soon after launch and now definitely won't be in even after the first skill cap increase, so at least another 6 months. There's not enough role-playing in this world to convince me they haven't tossed this overboard as super-low priority on their list.
You're contradicting yourself. The man who gave us our most recent information on SGRs is Daniel Erickson; take a look at the video I posted on the front page, then look at the picture on the interview you linked. It's the same guy. Stephen Reid might not work for BioWare anymore, but you clearly believe Mr. Erickson's word, and he's given us much more recent and specific news on SGRs. Mr. Erickson said in the video that SGRs would be in with the first story update. The E3 promotional video said story updates were coming this year. Therefore, until we hear otherwise, it's safe to say SGRs are still coming this year.

Also: that interview mentioned companion missions and conversations. The romance dialogues are not the same thing - all companions have conversations, not all have romances - and were not even mentioned in the interview. So there goes your other point. And saying that BW won't be adding in SGRs because they still don't have a hood toggle on robes makes no sense at all; that's a graphical and programming issue, not a writing and scripting issue.

I'll take BioWare's word over your doom and gloom - or anyone's, for that matter - any day. People seem to like coming into this thread and making all kinds of proclamations about how one thing or another means BW won't be doing SGRs, and they fail to realize one thing: BioWare works to BioWare's standards, not anyone else's. And I'll believe BW until they give me reason to doubt them.

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
06.10.2012 , 10:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
I'll take BioWare's word over your doom and gloom - or anyone's, for that matter - any day. People seem to like coming into this thread and making all kinds of proclamations about how one thing or another means BW won't be doing SGRs, and they fail to realize one thing: BioWare works to BioWare's standards, not anyone else's. And I'll believe BW until they give me reason to doubt them.
This. I'd make this post more eloquent but MusedMoose basically said it.

jgelling's Avatar


jgelling
06.10.2012 , 11:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
You're contradicting yourself. The man who gave us our most recent information on SGRs is Daniel Erickson; take a look at the video I posted on the front page, then look at the picture on the interview you linked. It's the same guy. Stephen Reid might not work for BioWare anymore, but you clearly believe Mr. Erickson's word, and he's given us much more recent and specific news on SGRs. Mr. Erickson said in the video that SGRs would be in with the first story update. The E3 promotional video said story updates were coming this year. Therefore, until we hear otherwise, it's safe to say SGRs are still coming this year.

Also: that interview mentioned companion missions and conversations. The romance dialogues are not the same thing - all companions have conversations, not all have romances - and were not even mentioned in the interview. So there goes your other point. And saying that BW won't be adding in SGRs because they still don't have a hood toggle on robes makes no sense at all; that's a graphical and programming issue, not a writing and scripting issue.

I'll take BioWare's word over your doom and gloom - or anyone's, for that matter - any day. People seem to like coming into this thread and making all kinds of proclamations about how one thing or another means BW won't be doing SGRs, and they fail to realize one thing: BioWare works to BioWare's standards, not anyone else's. And I'll believe BW until they give me reason to doubt them.
I don't believe Erickson's word when he says they're going to do something - because it usually doesn't get done. But I absolutely believe him when he says they're NOT going to do something - because they always follow through there - with the one exception of saying back in April they didn't need to merge servers and wouldn't do that.

Promises are easy in the new BW lately: in case you've forgotten about Ilum, open-world PvP, keeping the development team intact after launch, hood toggles, ranked warzones in 1.2, server mergers will never happen back in April, monthly world events, and heck, even this issue, to name a few.

You're free to keep on believing what they said when EA was paying the bills, but now they've said it won't happen this year, and after they fired Stephen Reid, have they even bothered to say it's still being worked on at all? Not that I'd believe them if they said it, but if they're not going to do anything with companions in the next 6 months when (theoretically) they'll be launching an update that raises the skill cap, you'll be romancing the ship droid until then.

Don't get me wrong: I think it'd be a cool feature - not the most important thing in the game by any stretch, but cool. I'd like to see it. I'll go further and bet that most of the BW people would like to do it. I just don't think EA would like to pay for it, at this point. So to me, this galls me as another in that long list of broken promises for a game that was released at least 6 months too soon and that EA now seems to be managing closely.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
06.10.2012 , 12:24 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
I just don't think EA would like to pay for it, at this point. So to me, this galls me as another in that long list of broken promises for a game that was released at least 6 months too soon and that EA now seems to be managing closely.
^Assumes they have to pay contracted voice actors anything more than they already do whatsoever or that EA would have to spend anything, they don't, they have already bought all they'll ever need, only thing that is still paid for is the servers and the wages of the dev team.