Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Metinsith's Avatar


Metinsith
06.10.2012 , 12:36 AM | #111
Group Finder needs a more-noticeable sound when your queue pops. As it is, being alt-tabbed, it's easy for the queue sound to get lost in the game's ambient sound effects. Something much more dramatic (a la the PvP queue sound) would be much better.

MasterGladius's Avatar


MasterGladius
06.10.2012 , 01:23 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by MaliksKid View Post
Not sure if this is possible or even desirable to some, but it would be something I would like to see. As a person with 3 Lv50 Characters (soon to be 4), I have 3 characters who can play any role in the game be it tank, dps or healer. It would be good if group finder could show how many of each spec are queued for certain content. I like doing flashpoints and ops and really don't care much whether it's as a Guardian Tank, Shadow DPS or Sage Healer. If there was some way to see that ok, we aren't getting pops because there are not enough tanks queued I can switch to my tank and queue or if there was a shortage of healers or dps, I could use one of the others. I know a few people with multiple 50's and most of us are happy to come as whatever just to make a group so this would be a godsend for us. It means that everyone gets a chance to try some content rather than just having 20-30 dps all queued waiting (and moaning probably) because LFG won't pop because there are too few healers or tanks.
I second this.

JamieM's Avatar


JamieM
06.10.2012 , 04:33 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterGladius View Post
I second this.
Yeah great idea

Zilkin's Avatar


Zilkin
06.10.2012 , 04:37 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
cross server isn't going to make the queues shorter if you still don't have enough tanks and healers. Why can't people understand this?
What you say is only actually true for the most populated realms and even there probably only for doing random lvl 50 instances, ie. places where a queue actually forms in the first place. Even in those situations the queue is most likely so small that there will be a huge variation of different roles available at different times. So no it's not about roles at the levels of the tiny player pools this kind of single server LFD is going to have. To have the problem you say makes x-realm pointless requires a much larger pool of players at the first place.

I play on of the largest EU servers and even we struggle to have more than 30-40 people in the fleet at peak these days. You don't generate the kind huge pools to draw from that what you say would require. I've been leveling alts recently and there were less than 20 players from 30-40. How the hell do you think that kind of population is going to able to support any kind of grouping while leveling? And I stress again this server is one the highest populated left EU side.

Sparklehorse's Avatar


Sparklehorse
06.10.2012 , 04:46 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Commomp View Post
I am glad I never ran with you then. I had a not so fresh 50 who for the past few months has never had a chance to run with other players, thus I was only geared with level 50 gear for the run. I was playing my sith juggernaught and I was tanking pretty good and people were leaving because it took a while to kill a few bosses, but nobody was complaining about my lack of gear or about my tanking ability. In fact they were thanking me for doing such a good job, and I wasn't wearing the top tear gear. Sometimes games are not won by your gear, but by the way you play your toon. When a group can coordinate and are willing to just strategize with each other, even those of us who don't have all that wonderful gear can have a great time and get geared up. It's people like you that make the game un-enjoyable for those of us who just like playing a game and playing with other people.
I'm sorry you feel like you can make such a judgment about my character from one simple post. I could turn this around on you and ask you why you would expect to be able to do the hardest content as soon as you hit level cap when the rest of us spent weeks farming gear that was content appropriate and then why you would force yourself into a group as a tank to try and tackle content your gear just cannot handle but I won't...

If you can't see why that is an imposition upon strangers then there's not much I can say to change your mind. It's nothing personal at all. I didn't gate the content using gear, that was Bioware and if your game has gear gating and believe me, this one certainly does, then you have a responsibility to take that into account when creating a group finder.

It's obvious, from your post and the tons of others that some people just don't "get" this concept and there will be many people who do exactly what you did. They will que for everything that is available (why wouldn't they) and then the group that gets them will be stuck with them. A run that would have taken an hour will now take double/triple that time if it is even possible to finish.

As a tank, you should be more aware of what your gear is and isn't capable of more than other classes. For example, why would a person join an instance with bosses that hit for 21k when they only have 18k HP?

You accuse me of being mean and the cause of you not having fun and I say exactly the same to you good sir. It is NOT fun trying to heal a tank that doesn't have the gear for an instance. You should try it sometime before you start raking people over the coals.

I would be happy to run gear level appropriate instances with you, I love playing with people too. I que for everything, even though I vastly out-gear everything in that group finder precisely because I am a group minded player that enjoys meeting/playing with people, just as you say you do.

Don't assume, just because I point out a huge flaw in an upcoming feature, that I have an elitist agenda, or that I think I am better than you because my gear is. That's ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous releasing a group finder with no gear check and then expecting the community to police itself in the matter...
Stop exploding you cowards!

alrun's Avatar


alrun
06.10.2012 , 06:14 AM | #116
First of all itīt working - I mean i got more runs and social points on the test server than i got on my main.

Issues:

1) Lack of information
What i dislike about the Group Finder, that i cannot tell what the current status is. Sometimes queuing takes seconds sometimes hours. I cannot tell, how many people are in the queue, if it does not have enough people to pair good groups, ...

I would like to see:
  • Is the group finder missing Vital roles - E.g. does not have enough tanks
  • How long it takes for an average Group to be assembled
  • How long i am in the queue

2) Bugs
2a) Gathering does not seem to work
I tried to scavenge droids in Black taloon and Hammer Station and it never succeeded

2b) Replacements do not seem to work
* Once telling "invalid group composition" - with a group out if 1x dps, 2x dps/healers - so missing a tank
* Once unable to queue with a fresh group and one member leaving right away (free fleet pass?) - where the queue box stayes grayed out and told us - "already in group"

2c) Stuck in a dialogue
Were were starting the droid dialog in BT on the bridge and it would not start - We aborted like 5 times without any success or helpful error message

2d) Stuck in different instances
Upon group composition we ended up 3/1 in different instances - exiting and trying to reset did not work - either due bugs or player inabilities.

3) Travel Home
After Completing the FP i want to be able to travel to the spot i started - It is nice to be teleported to the Flashpoint for the start - but it is really annoying if you have to run back to the planet you are questing four times a day.

Shlamorel's Avatar


Shlamorel
06.10.2012 , 06:46 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Houzukimaru View Post
Sorry, I misspoke. I meant after such a long wait, Battle of Ilum was what I got. I'm default queued for anything.
Are you DPS? If so, I imagine that may be contributing to your queue wait =[
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

ViShu's Avatar


ViShu
06.10.2012 , 07:19 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
Because you shouldn't be pugging HC operations.
1.)
my own counsel i will keep on - what i "should" and "should not" should be my concideration, not those of BW...

2a.)
small guild: only 6 members available, just 2 DPS needed. why not picking them up from the tool? they dont have to know the OP, they can wear only tionese, they just have to do a little bit of extra damage, nothing more. WHY NOT picking up some fillers????

2b.)
only story mode - come on! on my server (in the older days having more pop than now) random pugs for HC OPs were STANDARD and no problem at all. so why "disallowing" them? you may go 1x through story mode, a 2nd time, maybe a 3rd time and THAT WAS IT.

Forgon's Avatar


Forgon
06.10.2012 , 07:22 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieM View Post
Yeah great idea
Amazing idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

linbel's Avatar


linbel
06.10.2012 , 08:43 AM | #120
One problem I see is that though I can take a quest that is above my level. But I can't use looking for group until I am at the right level.

I think that if you can pick up a quest then you should be able to use the find a group tool.