Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error code: C5

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lovezombie
06.08.2012 , 01:54 PM | #1
After I click 'play' on the launcher the game begins to load normally. It shows the loading graphic for a moment and then the game closes back to the desktop with a prompt that says:

"This program encountered an internal error and will exit.
Error code: C5

Failed to load game assets. Please contact customer support."

Anyone else getting C5 and have any idea how to fix it?

Mandiaru
06.08.2012 , 02:56 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Lovezombie,

I would advise to run the repair function located in the lower left hand side of your launcher by clicking on the cog symbol and choosing ''Repair'' (you must be logged into the Launcher to do this).

You could also try a clean boot of your computer. Please see this link: Clean startup

Please let me know should your issue still persist afterwards.

Thank you.
Mandiaru | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Kil-Gorbane
06.08.2012 , 03:16 PM | #3
Let me know if you get it to work. There is interest out there regarding this.

joshmob
06.08.2012 , 03:22 PM | #4
just had error c6 this morning, deleting diskcachearena fixed it....located in default installed folder.

Lovezombie
06.08.2012 , 08:36 PM | #5
I tried repair and it found 4 files to fix, yet it did not fix the problem. I will try the clean boot and let you know how it goes.

KriTicalPoinT
06.10.2012 , 12:59 AM | #6
I am getting Error Code:C5 also. Playing this game after patching is a nightmare for me anymore!

Tirvaak
06.10.2012 , 01:14 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by KriTicalPoinT View Post
I am getting Error Code:C5 also. Playing this game after patching is a nightmare for me anymore!
Hi KriTicalPoinT,

I'm sorry to hear you have been encountering this problem as well. Have you also tried the repair through the launcher to see if it helps?

If so, did it try to repair any files and did you receive any other messages?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Lovezombie
06.10.2012 , 01:59 AM | #8
After repairing, the game starts and get stuck at the loading screen with little "loading gears" at the bottom right corner. It just keeps spinning forever and never reaches the server screen.

Tirvaak
06.10.2012 , 02:13 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lovezombie View Post
After repairing, the game starts and get stuck at the loading screen with little "loading gears" at the bottom right corner. It just keeps spinning forever and never reaches the server screen.
Hi Lovezombie,

Did you have any luck with the clean boot that was suggested to you by Mandiaru?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support