Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
06.09.2012 , 11:53 AM | #51
Spoiler

Striges
06.09.2012 , 01:40 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Allies - When something huge is going down, or just when you need a hand, who can you call that you know is going to have your back? Whether it's someone completely unlikely or exactly what you'd expect, who can you ultimately always rely on?
Title: The Dark Path, Forever
Character: Varrel Umrahiel, Sith Marauder, with a cameo by my friend’s Sith Sorcerer, Xathras.

Small background note, since it’s different from the way the class story is written: Varrel Umrahiel is 63-64 years old here, recruited late in life from a conquered world. On his homeworld, he’d been a fencing/kendo instructor.

Spoilers for Imperial Balmorra general missions, minor mention of Dromund Kaas and Korriban general missions. No class spoilers.

Vette is the voice of my character’s conscience, one he increasingly ignores. Yet he can’t bring himself to get rid of her, and against all reason, she stays with him.

Spoiler

Tatile
06.09.2012 , 06:51 PM | #53
Like the first, only player character is Rogan't, represented by Rochester:

Allies (again):
Spoiler

Yeah.
Probably a bit... very... crap. I'm half asleep and wrote it entirely whilst half asleep. Don't ask me what's going on, I don't even know.

Earthmama
06.10.2012 , 10:36 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Evil Lids

Trooper - extremely minor relationship spoilers

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
This made me laugh, and also weirded me out.....cause that is the dynamic between my husband and me. Cept my hubs will find me banging on a jar with like a knife or other object.

iamthehoyden
06.10.2012 , 11:02 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
This made me laugh, and also weirded me out.....cause that is the dynamic between my husband and me. Cept my hubs will find me banging on a jar with like a knife or other object.
Lol, actually the direct inspiration was two of my sisters fighting with a jar and my brother walking in, except neither of them were as reasonable as my trooper. At that point IT WAS WAR!!! And as much as my brother bugged them, they insisted on opening the jar themselves. I think it ended up taking hot water, a bottle opener, and about half an hour, but they got it. Probably a good thing too, they were discussing hacksaws but couldn't figure out how to keep the glass shards from getting into the food.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
06.10.2012 , 01:52 PM | #56
Lol, actually the direct inspiration was two of my sisters fighting with a jar and my brother walking in, except neither of them were as reasonable as my trooper. At that point IT WAS WAR!!! And as much as my brother bugged them, they insisted on opening the jar themselves. I think it ended up taking hot water, a bottle opener, and about half an hour, but they got it. Probably a good thing too, they were discussing hacksaws but couldn't figure out how to keep the glass shards from getting into the food.
Fantastic! I'm still giggling just imagining the look on Aric's face when he first reaches the kitchen...

For my second submission, I don't usually make Ruth out to be silly, but a certain link in the alliance-seeking Sith Warrior Corellian chain had "ME DUMB LIKE BRICK" written all over it. So have 700 words about that:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Earthmama
06.11.2012 , 11:41 AM | #57
Another SW post.

Spoilers...you know, that big one. This happens that night, after my SW has had a chance to digest what just happened.

Spoiler

Tatile
06.11.2012 , 12:08 PM | #58
Earthmama, that's almost exactly what happened with my Warrior, only angrier.

Eanelinea
06.11.2012 , 12:26 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Another SW post.

Spoilers...you know, that big one. This happens that night, after my SW has had a chance to digest what just happened.

Spoiler
Spoiler
60 Juggernaut, 60 Sniper, 60 Shadow, 60 Powertech, 60 Guardian, 60 Gunslinger, 60 Vanguard, 59 Assassin, and 14 55s on Shadowlands

Eanelinea
06.11.2012 , 12:34 PM | #60
Evil Lids

Trooper - extremely minor relationship spoilers

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
THIS! So much this. But usually it's knives and scissors. My hubby's like 'give me that before you chop fingers off!' lol Loved this.
60 Juggernaut, 60 Sniper, 60 Shadow, 60 Powertech, 60 Guardian, 60 Gunslinger, 60 Vanguard, 59 Assassin, and 14 55s on Shadowlands