Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
06.09.2012 , 08:52 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I still want to play a Jawa Sith Warrior. Just for the Epic Lulz when two unsuspecting NPCs see me for the first time....

Jedi 1: Is that a.... Jawa???

Jedi 2: Yes, and he just slaughtered an entire platoon of soldiers with a LIGHTSABER!!

Jedi 1: A RED lightsaber???

Jedi 2: Oh, man. Now he's coming this way..

Jedi 1: We are so boned...
That would almost be worth having the character never change gear, be able to speak Basic, and have to use a step stool to kiss anybody. Too funny
(Until then, I will cuddle Blizz and be happy )
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
06.09.2012 , 08:59 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
Cat people are NOT part of classic Star Wars (classic Star Wars being the core element designs that have continuity through the universe not the OT)... they do NOT belong. People who are demanding these Thundercats are Bio fans first and Star Wars fans second.
They use EU to suit their needs and demands and use EU to slam anything else they don't agree with when it suits.

Rubbish species that don't belong. A few misguided stories early 90's when everyone was depressed from an overdose of Nirvana and Pearl Jam... Just a pity BW have drove most of the real fans off due to the mediocre average sc-fi pulp rubbish BW have spewed out on this title. The Old Derivative
I'm terribly curious...how do you even play this game??? I mean, the amount of non-classic Star Wars species, planets, etc etc etc in it is very high. If it bothers you that much...well I just have images of massive amounts of twitching going on while playing.

I guess the other thing that I don't get about "how dare BW make Cathar a playable species!" rants is this...Cathar are already IN THE GAME. They have been since it started. So if the argument is somehow that the player characters are an affront to your eyes while the npcs are perfectly fine...say what? If you were being FORCED to play a Cathar, I could see the argument, but that's absolutely not the case. If the existence of Cathar were going to legitimately throw someone into a frothing rage then they really should have done so months and months ago.

Crap, I promised myself I wasn't going to feed trolls....they just look so hungry!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Marked_Man's Avatar


Marked_Man
06.09.2012 , 09:08 AM | #113
I may redo my Trooper (currently Rowsdower) in fat body form and make him "Garfield."

As for the comment that Cathar aren't True Star Wars, well, thanks to Juhani, they are True Star Wars: The Old Republic. Would Wookies be nice? Yep. Would Trandoshans? Yep. But, unless those species are part of a massive expansion where the interactions are completely revamped, non-humanoids will just have to wait.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
06.09.2012 , 09:40 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
Cat people are NOT part of classic Star Wars (classic Star Wars being the core element designs that have continuity through the universe not the OT)... they do NOT belong. People who are demanding these Thundercats are Bio fans first and Star Wars fans second.
They use EU to suit their needs and demands and use EU to slam anything else they don't agree with when it suits.

Rubbish species that don't belong. A few misguided stories early 90's when everyone was depressed from an overdose of Nirvana and Pearl Jam... Just a pity BW have drove most of the real fans off due to the mediocre average sc-fi pulp rubbish BW have spewed out on this title. The Old Derivative
Ok, bro. Your ignorance of Star Wars is showing. The Cathar have been established in Star Wars Lore and Canon since The Holiday Special. They were one of the elements kept for use in the rest of the Star Wars universe. Even though the Holiday Special is classified as S-Canon, that just means the story itself is N-Canon. The S-Canon elements are used in C-Canon all the time.

Their first major role was in Tales of the Jedi comics, most notably the characters of Crado and Sylvar. That was LONG before BioWare put Juhani into KotOR. So before you spout hate on the Cathar and BioWare, do our research.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Taalbert's Avatar


Taalbert
06.09.2012 , 03:52 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I'm terribly curious...how do you even play this game??? I mean, the amount of non-classic Star Wars species, planets, etc etc etc in it is very high. If it bothers you that much...well I just have images of massive amounts of twitching going on while playing.

Crap, I promised myself I wasn't going to feed trolls....they just look so hungry!
Well, you just about summed up everything I had to say to that poster - however yours came out much nicer. Mine would have possibly been removed by the mods.

But seriously - if people don't like Cathar - DON'T ROLL ONE.

I am not a Togruta fan - so sue me, doesn't mean I will complain when and if they are in game - because I know a lot of people would love to play one. How about letting other people exist and enjoy what they like without stomping all over it.

Well dang, now I have gone and fed the troll too.
Rawr.

Izorii's Avatar


Izorii
06.09.2012 , 04:04 PM | #116
While not a fan of Cathar I do have a spare character slot and wil probably roll one (as long as they are free and not 1.5 mill to buy). Will I play it, probably not past level 10 but I am going to assume that Bioware will be monitoring the number of people interested in new species by the number of people creating Cathar (yeah the argument is very stupid as a lot of people who want other new species will not be the same people who wanted Cathar but I figure its how they will do it) just in the hopes that this will get new species added. Then I can scrap by Cathar and play a species I want.
I have nothing against Cathar just I dont really care to play one, still much better than Blind Humnas, green humans, pale bald humans, humans with piecrings etc so I see it as a step in the right direction.

KurganNazzir's Avatar


KurganNazzir
06.09.2012 , 04:51 PM | #117
I look forward to making a new Trooper so she and Jorgan can have cat fights.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

AelixVII's Avatar


AelixVII
06.09.2012 , 06:41 PM | #118
I hope they add a new character slot for people who already have 8 characters they don't wish to change but make it Cathar only so people don't exploit it.

Also awaiting the surge of kitty-based names to come lol

KurganNazzir's Avatar


KurganNazzir
06.09.2012 , 07:13 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
I hope they add a new character slot for people who already have 8 characters they don't wish to change but make it Cathar only so people don't exploit it.
Um, exploit? Considering we are allowed to make whatever characters want (i.e. I can have 6 Warriors if that's my choice), there would be no exploit to be had if they gave us another character slot. Besides, not everyone wants to play a Cathar so what you propose is excluding those players from having another character slot to use.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Marked_Man's Avatar


Marked_Man
06.09.2012 , 07:14 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
Also awaiting the surge of kitty-based names to come lol
Already ahead of schedule. I know that's sad.