Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

StephenReid
12.17.2011 , 12:34 PM | #1
The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:
"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Yvin
12.18.2011 , 12:40 PM | #2
Greetings folks!

The previous version of this thread has exceeded our post threshold and we've recreated it for continued discussion!

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

JesusFruit
12.18.2011 , 12:42 PM | #3
I haven't been put in a queue once, I guess I chose the right server

Nick-GizMo
12.18.2011 , 12:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JesusFruit View Post
No queue for me, I guess I'm lucky
You are lucky

Drgs
12.18.2011 , 12:44 PM | #5
Oh so now we even exceed the forum thread size xD Nice... Anyway please solve this problem fast!
Know yourself, keep yourself under control, understand yourself, steel yourself, cleanse your mind and keep your body and mind fit!

KetChop
12.18.2011 , 12:44 PM | #6
nice, qued for 5 hours, 45 min playtime and crash. epic

Atermise
12.18.2011 , 12:44 PM | #7
got Dc'ed for no reason, now looking at position 400 in a que :/

Silverrey
12.18.2011 , 12:44 PM | #8
"This thread was started ON A WEEKEND. Anyone that knows corporate structure KNOWS you're not going to see anything done on a weekend. They'll fix it when they can, but they're NOT going to break out and fix it over the weekend. No way, no how." - TomWhiting

Actually it was started Wednesday. It has been split twice now due to growing to large and once to turn it into a sticky.

Edit: We are on page 504 now.
Explorer: 80%, Socializer: 67%, Achiever: 53%, Killer: 0%

razorpt
12.18.2011 , 12:44 PM | #9
I know that those queues are annoying and i'm pissed at that cause my internet provider isnt stable and i get dc from time to time, and when i log back in, i get a 500 people queue.... But the game is awesome and i'm sure BW will do something about that problem. Just wait, after all its only pre-release, we'll see how it goes until the end of the month.
This game have great potential and could be one of the best mmo ever if BW dosnt screw it up.
With that said, i'll go back to my 358 people queue lol

BigiK
12.18.2011 , 12:45 PM | #10
after a small update again in q at ~1000