Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seethe/Mediation vs Darkside/Lightside

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Seethe/Mediation vs Darkside/Lightside

DrPhilBradley
06.09.2012 , 04:16 AM | #1
The only think holding me back from creating a dark Jedi or light Sith is their class healing ability. If you're a Dark V Consular, I don't want to use Meditation because it creates a very light glow which doesn't really seem right. Same for a light Inquisitor; it doesn't look good to use Seethe if you're a Light V Inquisitor.

Somehow the default healing ability for each class should change if you're light or dark. Perhaps give Light V Inquisitors the ability to use Meditate and Dark V Consulars the ability to use Seethe?

CarpeSangrea
06.09.2012 , 04:19 AM | #2
A thousand times this. When they originally started talking about alignment legacy options, this is the sort of thing I was hoping for.

DrPhilBradley
06.09.2012 , 04:51 PM | #3
Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

MbaxterBeau
06.09.2012 , 06:21 PM | #4
Never thought about this but you bring up a really good point. Hopefully they can address this in the future when there aren't as many unhappy players. I'm a happy player btw.
Stun Wars prepare to be chain stunned and pew pewed while you watch your resolve turn white and have no effect on helping you

RKLimes
06.09.2012 , 07:13 PM | #5
I Like it, or perhaps a change in the hue of the meditation and seethe glow based on alignment..
Super-Awesome suggestions. Trust me, they're amazing!
I highly recommend you peep your eyeballs on them!

Gwena
06.09.2012 , 07:26 PM | #6
I love this idea. My SW is lightside and I find the rage animation to be kinda silly for him.

It'd be nice if the animations for the health regen abilities depended on your alignment rather than your faction -- so a dark side Consular gets to "seethe", and a lightside SW gets to meditate. Changing the hue of the animations according to alignment would probably be a nice alternative, but I suspect it would take more work.

IMHO having the opposite faction's health regen ability would work well as some sort of legacy unlock that you earn the ability to turn on/off on certain characters. I like having the /consular emote on my SW, would be nice to take it a step further. ^^
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

DrPhilBradley
06.10.2012 , 11:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RKLimes View Post
I Like it, or perhaps a change in the hue of the meditation and seethe glow based on alignment..
I think this would be the better option than allowing one class to use the other class' ability. Maybe even make a new animation?

kingofthebritons
06.10.2012 , 02:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DrPhilBradley View Post
I think this would be the better option than allowing one class to use the other class' ability. Maybe even make a new animation?
Seconded. Thirded?

Enkaizu
06.11.2012 , 12:35 PM | #9
Not a bad suggestion for lore-wise or aesthetics. I would like to see this in-game but not as a priority.

alrun
06.11.2012 , 12:39 PM | #10
I chose a Mirialan Marauder because i could not STAND seethe.
And for my sorcerer I think i will do a similar choice. Either by unlocking a Chiss or if possible by a legacy perk.