Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gordoma
06.08.2012 , 07:38 PM | #71
I was disconnected from the server and dropped from my group finder group. I wasn't out of the game for longer than 90 sec. has anyone else experienced this situation or did my group vote to kick me?

If this is part of the group finder function it seems both excessive and unnecessary when there is already a vote to kick function. Being dropped from the group means I don't get credit for random que AND if I can't remember the other players names, then I won't even be able to finish the flashpoint by getting re-invited.
May the Force be with you

DarthSpooky
06.08.2012 , 07:49 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by -Pi- View Post
As a lvl 50 I can't LFG for low level Flashpoints? Why?
THIS. And an example of why: I want a gear drop from Colicoid. It's incredibly hard to find a group for Colicoid on my server. Good luck solo-ing it. What would solve this problem? Right, a group finder. Can I queue for Colicoid? Nope.

Also thinks my 33/8/0 jugg in tank gear can fill a DPS role. I have no comment on this.
Well just one... These aren't the "default settings" you're looking for.
<South of Heaven>
Ebon Hawk

Inzuher
06.08.2012 , 07:51 PM | #73
Well it's a good thing people are testing it then, since all the bugs are the reason for the PTS ;D
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

Celebrus
06.08.2012 , 08:01 PM | #74
I'm not testing, but I just wanted to say thanks for the information regarding how the progress is coming with the LFG tool, and also thanks for being the patient few that are willing to put time into the PTS. You guys do a good service.

I hope they get these bugs/inconvenient features cleaned up pretty quickly, would hope to see the LFG be as useful as possible.

laiboch
06.08.2012 , 08:05 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by FITorion View Post
ok got my first group with group finder... about 10 min ago... still in a loading screen...

the progress bar isn't moving but the little gear is spinning slowly.

Ok I just appeared at the entrance after 20min... but I'm not in a group and no one else is here... what just happened?

loading screens I saw:
first
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m..._53_377929.jpg
then
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m..._44_290039.jpg

I was in the queue but as it doesn't show if there is anyone else in the queue too I had no indication on how long I had to wait. I was just about to leave the queue and log off when it hit. Some sort of listing of those in the queue with me would be welcomed.
I actually got the exact same loading screen for a VoidStar today. Blank no info no bar showing progress. I finally hit space bar to see what it would do and Poof i was in the warzone. So that issue is not isolated to just the group finder.

NotRonin
06.08.2012 , 08:38 PM | #76
Currently queued up for HM FP and OP on the PTS, cannot find a group for over 2 hours. From the general chat, there is at least one healer and 2 other DPS looking (I'm a tank).

Some people got into groups ok though, other people cannot. Unfortunately, you cannot see who is in the queue, so you can figure out where the problem lies.

ArcCaptain
06.08.2012 , 08:48 PM | #77
Was able to get an instant queue just now using the group finder. Our healer disconnected and once we had established they would not be coming back anytime soon, we were able to vote to kick and find a replacement very quickly.
The feature itself was very easy to use, and the addition to travel to the instance instantly was a very nice touch to all the group to get underway quickly.
So far I've had no negatives with the group finder. One thing that might be an issue is when going into Operations and Hard Mode (T1&T2) flashpoints that players might not have suitable gear for the instance, however this is quite a difficult thing to combat, and would most likely require a sort of gear rating to be applied in order to have players furfill the requirements to sign-up for that content.
But it works well for me. Good job Bioware!
Hybrid Tank Shadow | Sheltun
Nostrum Dolus

Dyvid
06.08.2012 , 09:41 PM | #78
K, had a glitch where I travel now didn't work on the planet que.

Also some feedback for planet: Add heroics and select level range you which to group with. If i just arrived to a planet and want to duo with someone, I want to be with someone who is at the start of planet mission, not the end.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the mystery of darkness In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

tornadodude
06.08.2012 , 10:51 PM | #79
So currently at lvl 50 all you can queue for is high lvl planetary content, Hard Modes, High lvl flashpoints and normal mode operations. There's no way for 50's to queue for Hard/Nightmare mode operations. And there's also no way for 50's to queue for low lvl flashpoints for social grinding. Sometimes I queue and I can't unqueue. Also the role icons are messed up 100% of the time where at least 1 role icon is messed up. Also I don't think a 15 minute cooldown for declining is enough. A lot of people are queueing and declining. There should be an hour cooldown unless you are voted out. Also there should be cross-server queueing to reduce wait times. Also a few times I have been unqueued without hitting the "Leave Queue" button. Also it needs to show you how many of what are queued for what. You don't need a healer for lowbie Esseles/BT. You need to be put back where you were when you traveled to the instance. You should be able to queue for specific heroics not just planetary content. Also I keep getting the message "Group configuration invalid" um it's like "It can't be valid unless we get in queue(duh)".

EcrirTwyLar
06.08.2012 , 11:42 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by thewatcheruatu View Post
I honestly just think that the burden should be on the player to know which dungeons he's not prepared for and to not queue up for them. Sure, it might require that he attempts it one time and fails miserably. I think the server communities can cope with that.
There are players who are new to MMO's or just new and don't know the order they should do the HM's in. I think some sort of gear check built in will help prevent QQ down the road.

Why would you ask for less features now when Bioware is asking for our opinions? Let Bioware decide if they can or cannot get a feature put in in time for release.