Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deewe
06.08.2012 , 03:47 PM | #61
[LFG]
  • General: don't like the UI, it's messy / not clear. (Not as good as WoW/Rift)
  • Write down entries in one single column (vs in rows)
  • Add the instance/content level next to the entries on the left (vs only mouse over)
  • Add the number of required players next to the entries
  • Sort entries by level
  • Have one page/tab by type of content (vs all in the same page)
  • Allow players to change the selected choices without leaving the queue
  • UI is missing see open groups, player notes and lots of features (cf DDO).
  • My trooper that has only 3 points in healing tree should not be able to queue as healer.

TimVickey
06.08.2012 , 03:52 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by FITorion View Post
why can't I select which flashpoint I want to queue for? Most are greyed out.

I have the quest to go do Athiss. I'm lvl 23 almost 24. the only FPs it lets me select are Hammer station and Mandalorian raiders.

It's a known issue. From the "Known Issues" list:

Group Finder will not allow players to select or queue for content that is already listed in their Mission Log.
Workaround: Players must complete or abandon any Flashpoint or Operation missions that are currently in the Mission Log and then refresh the user interface (CTRL+U twice) to have the grayed out content display as available.

ChaosKirin
06.08.2012 , 03:55 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by FITorion View Post
why can't I select which flashpoint I want to queue for? Most are greyed out.

I have the quest to go do Athiss. I'm lvl 23 almost 24. the only FPs it lets me select are Hammer station and Mandalorian raiders.
This is a bug. There's a workaround on the last post of the patch notes thread about a workaround for it.

EDIT: Oops, beaten to it.

FITorion
06.08.2012 , 04:19 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by TimVickey View Post
It's a known issue. From the "Known Issues" list:

Group Finder will not allow players to select or queue for content that is already listed in their Mission Log.
Workaround: Players must complete or abandon any Flashpoint or Operation missions that are currently in the Mission Log and then refresh the user interface (CTRL+U twice) to have the grayed out content display as available.
thanks.

that worked... though now hammer station is greyed out... oh well

Never attribute to malice that which can be ascribed to sheer stupidity.

FITorion
06.08.2012 , 05:31 PM | #65
ok got my first group with group finder... about 10 min ago... still in a loading screen...

the progress bar isn't moving but the little gear is spinning slowly.

Ok I just appeared at the entrance after 20min... but I'm not in a group and no one else is here... what just happened?

loading screens I saw:
first
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m..._53_377929.jpg
then
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m..._44_290039.jpg

I was in the queue but as it doesn't show if there is anyone else in the queue too I had no indication on how long I had to wait. I was just about to leave the queue and log off when it hit. Some sort of listing of those in the queue with me would be welcomed.

Never attribute to malice that which can be ascribed to sheer stupidity.

Forgon
06.08.2012 , 05:38 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by tkinnunzero View Post
The information is already out there in YouTube videos and guides, so not really. Having this information available in-game, having it be always up-to-date and having it coming from the authority that should know it best would eliminate problems that arise when someone in the group is operating under information from an old or incomplete or misunderstood guide.
Except just because it is on there, does not mean everyone looks at it or wants to. The group I play with like surprises for our content, actually learning stuff there on the spot. Unless we are badly stumped for a certain encounter and cannot find out everything ourselves, we ignore any guides and stuff.

I personally would keep that stuff out.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

JamieM
06.08.2012 , 06:02 PM | #67
The LFG tool appears to be bugged atm - over 70 on the PTS as i type this and no one is getting a group despite lots of every class being online and using it.

Dyvid
06.08.2012 , 06:05 PM | #68
I would like to have some kind of sound to let me know the group window is up. I was browsing prefences and didn't even know my group was ready until I closed my window.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the mystery of darkness In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

Ratajack
06.08.2012 , 06:28 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
This one really needs to be fixed. Otherwise, people will be using the group finder as an easy fleet pass and dropping group as soon as they are teleported in. On top of that, it will discourage people from using the tool while questing because they'd then have to travel all the way back to the planet they were on.

I'd also like them to add a way to do the daily FP conflict quest along with the individual quests without having to obtain them on fleet. Maybe make the daily conflict quest part of the group finder and then make the individual quests occur over your personal comms as the group zones into the FP. Once the final boss dies, the comms come up again to complete the quest.
There really is no reason to be ported back to where you started. So it takes a few minutes spent getting back to where you started. This is a small price to pay for the convenience of being able to do things other than sit in fleet while waiting for a queue to pop. I highly doubt that people will use the LFG for a quick fleet pass, as I expect that most queue times will be longer than it would take to get back to fleet anyway.

With regards to the daily FP conflict quests, I do agree that a quest giver with the appropriate daily at the start of the instance would be a convenience. For those that wish to say grab the FP conflict daily before you queue, which daily do you grab if you only have room for one or two, and are queuing for a random FP?

ChaosKirin
06.08.2012 , 06:35 PM | #70
If this goes to live, I will use to no-port-back-to-origin-point as a free fleet pass, just to prove that people can and will.