Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

copy char to testserver...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Werdan
06.08.2012 , 04:13 PM | #71
Fail. Entered my info correctly for 2 different characters and still didnt get copied. Seriously, stop blaming user error.
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE

varrangian
06.08.2012 , 04:16 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Puli View Post
I also didn't get my 50 transferred over, and I know I didn't make any mistakes in the survey. Character name is the same as my account name ("Puli"). Not a huge deal but I would have liked to test out some of the Legacy perks as well as the new augment system.
Yep I know the feeling it would have been nice to get to actually test things on the Test server since almost all the content that has been released to it has been upper level or end game. No one wants to have to reroll to 50 on a brand new server when they already have level 50 characters. If they made this process more efficient I'm sure more people would actually test.

tahyri
06.08.2012 , 04:21 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
There could be additional reasons for a character copy to fail (which we'll investigate) that are unknown, but one reason we could identify was not filling out the survey correctly. For any that failed for other reasons, we still may not be able to copy those characters, but we'll investigate the causes.
Count me as one who filled out the survey correctly for multiple characters (double and triple checked the information) and none of them have been copied over.

chiphis
06.08.2012 , 04:25 PM | #74
I sent in two one last night and another 2 days ago. None of them were copied and I know everything was filled out right. =/

Seront
06.08.2012 , 04:34 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
There could be additional reasons for a character copy to fail (which we'll investigate) that are unknown, but one reason we could identify was not filling out the survey correctly. For any that failed for other reasons, we still may not be able to copy those characters, but we'll investigate the causes.
I was briefly logged into the PTS a couple hours ago on a level 7 character I created during 1.2 testing. If the character copy had been attempted at that time, is it possible that it would fail? Could there have been some issue with attempting to apply an incoming legacy to an existing character that was logged in? I seem to recall when 1.2 hit the live servers that a character would not be added to your legacy until it had been logged into at least once. I thought I remembered it mentioned somewhere that this had been changed. Since I don't know the actual process I can only speculate possible failure modes, but that seems at least remotely possible.

Fiato
06.08.2012 , 04:34 PM | #76
Whoo hoo! Guess what.

Out of 5 characters submitted individually at least three separate times, ZERO copied.

Server transfers may turn out to be an adventure folks. Buckle up.
Aaron_IRL
Old Timers Guild - Empire Chapter
"Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!"
The Shadowlands

FaelinZ
06.08.2012 , 04:40 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiato View Post
Whoo hoo! Guess what.

Out of 5 characters submitted individually at least three separate times, ZERO copied.

Server transfers may turn out to be an adventure folks. Buckle up.
I honestly am trying to keep my hopes up with this game... EAware keeps pissing all over them

RSLeMire
06.08.2012 , 04:52 PM | #78
Well wonderful. I suppose I will spend the next few weeks on solo playing on my Live server. My char is not copied and yes I was in before deadline and yes I put the info in correctly. Very disappointed.
"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

JovethGonzalez
06.08.2012 , 04:52 PM | #79 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Allison relayed that character copies were done for today and that players who filled out their surveys incorrectly, may not have copied over. One of the most common reasons why a copy fails is a mistake somewhere on the survey, but of course, other factors may be a cause. In fact, on the PTS blog we state:

We cannot guarantee that every character will copy to the PTS successfully, however we can assure you that characters on Live servers will not be affected in any way should the tool fail. If you notice that you filled out the survey but your character did not copy, please fill out the survey again.

We know you are all excited to play, but please also allow for constructive discourse.

RSLeMire
06.08.2012 , 04:53 PM | #80
...and so much for my titles. I like titles...
"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."