Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

copy char to testserver...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

varrangian
06.08.2012 , 03:58 PM | #61
It would be nice for those of us who didn't get our characters copied over to understand what was "wrong" with our surveys. I mean it was pretty straight forward so unless we misspelled something, which I know I did not, there seems to be a serious disconnect between expectations and experience.

DarthTexas
06.08.2012 , 03:58 PM | #62
Filled it out with the requested info last week, and again yesterday and no luck.

For this many people to not get copied over, I have to suspect there's something wrong with the process.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

Niorlan
06.08.2012 , 03:58 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We have completed the batch of copies - players who filled out the survey since the last copy should now be copied to the PTS. We did have some instances where the information was not filled out correctly, and unfortunately those characters could not be copied. Thanks to everyone for your interest in helping us test 1.3 - we're looking forward to your feedback and bug reports!
I checked the information I put in very carefully when I filled out the survey last (which was before the deadline), and still my character isn't copied over. I do think the system does need to be re-evaluated, because it does not seem to work as confidently as you might believe if so many of us still do not have characters copied over despite putting in the right information.

darthruff
06.08.2012 , 04:03 PM | #64
i tried to copy my 5 50s over and none worked.

AllisonBerryman
06.08.2012 , 04:04 PM | #65 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Niorlan View Post
I checked the information I put in very carefully when I filled out the survey last (which was before the deadline), and still my character isn't copied over. I do think the system does need to be re-evaluated, because it does not seem to work as confidently as you might believe if so many of us still do not have characters copied over despite putting in the right information.
There could be additional reasons for a character copy to fail (which we'll investigate) that are unknown, but one reason we could identify was not filling out the survey correctly. For any that failed for other reasons, we still may not be able to copy those characters, but we'll investigate the causes.

Seront
06.08.2012 , 04:05 PM | #66
There could be additional reasons for a character copy to fail (which we'll investigate) that are unknown, but one reason we could identify was not filling out the survey correctly. For any that failed for other reasons, we still may not be able to copy those characters, but we'll investigate the causes.
Allison, @SWTOR tweeted only 40 minutes ago that transfers are still ongoing:

" We're still copying. Check back later tonight if you haven't been copied over yet! -KF"

Are they really finished for the day or not?

AllisonBerryman
06.08.2012 , 04:06 PM | #67 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Seront View Post
Allison, @SWTOR tweeted only 40 minutes ago that transfers are still ongoing:

" We're still copying. Check back later tonight if you haven't been copied over yet! -KF"

Are they really finished for the day or not?
They are finished for the day - the copy process for today's batch has been completed.

Ryofo
06.08.2012 , 04:09 PM | #68
Perhaps next time you should mention things like this first, something along the line of "unfortunalty we were not able to copy all those that filled out forms for a number of different reasons, one of which were forms filled out incorrectly, we are currently investigating these reason and will try to have some information soon", rather then your previous sweeping statment that it was all our fault for not typing correctly.

Thnx anyway

Puli
06.08.2012 , 04:10 PM | #69
I also didn't get my 50 transferred over, and I know I didn't make any mistakes in the survey. Character name is the same as my account name ("Puli"). Not a huge deal but I would have liked to test out some of the Legacy perks as well as the new augment system.

Seront
06.08.2012 , 04:11 PM | #70
They are finished for the day - the copy process for today's batch has been completed.
Ok. *sad face*. Thanks for the info!