Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AllisonBerryman
06.08.2012 , 12:36 PM | #51 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for all the Group Finder feedback, everyone! We're working diligently to gather your bug reports and feedback. In regards to role icons being incorrect - we have fixes for this and several other Group Finder UI issues coming soon. Keep your reports and feedback coming!

Nerevareen
06.08.2012 , 12:47 PM | #52
Ow yes, we need to see the estimated time of queing and how many of each role is there qued, so say, if there isnt enough helers someone can either respec, or say, we could make one of our guildiee healz join the que.
And the gear requirement is a must have as well, no point of fresh 50s, bah! even Tionese 50s in Lost Island or Denova.

TimVickey
06.08.2012 , 12:58 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosKirin View Post
My original post:

As I type this, there is someone in general chat on fleet actually COORDINATING the roles for people to select to get a flashpoint on Group Finder to pop.

There are not enough healers and tanks. There are NEVER enough healers and tanks. I was actually a supporter of single-server group finder at first, but... Guys, if it's going to be like this, you may as well just not have it.

Cross-server queues are needed. Pull DPS from the same server, try to get healers and tanks from the same server, but if not, find them from a different one. No flashpoints below level 50 are popping at all.

Please reconsider your decision to not implement cross-server capability before this goes live.

Current argument: Adding to the pool of players in the group finder will not fix the problem. (IE: The ratio will be the same.)

This is the best argument I've seen against cross-server, however, I disagree. Cross-server will keep the group finder moving.

Let's say 7 people are looking for a group on server A. There are two tanks, one healer, and 4 DPS.

One group is already formed, and the second just needs a healer.

Meanwhile, on sever B, 7 more people are looking for a group. On this one, there are three healers, a tank, and three DPS. One group is formed here, one healer is taken by server A, and leftover is one DPS and one Healer, who are taken by...

...the first group to start on Server C.

The ratios on every server are not going to be the same, even with transfers coming. There are 120-some servers, and some of them are going to have 2 healers just hanging out in the group finder for hours, or some where a tank just can't catch a break. Resources from those other servers can and SHOULD be pulled in to help groups form.
Mathematically, your argument doesn't rely on different servers, but simply the number of players queued, and the proper ratio of tank/healer/dps. It would make no difference if they were all on the same server or different servers, as the basic unit (player) is the same.

If same-server population increases, then theoretically your point that cross-server is required for this to work becomes less viable. Higher numbers of people on the same server queuing means more groups, means happy players. No where in your logic above is it vital that players *must* be on different servers.

If one server has a significant lack of one of the roles (tank/healer/dps) that throws a group finder out of whack, my supposition is lots of players will start flocking to that role, and even at early levels the GF will allow for them to find groups.

Bottom line, I don't understand your argument how cross-server makes this better/worse. I don't believe you've made your point you were attempting to achieve.

ChaosKirin
06.08.2012 , 01:13 PM | #54
Yeah, I was a little hot-headed yesterday due to some extreme frustration, and now that I've actually sat and done a couple permutations of the math, you're right. It would only compound things. I've since made another suggestion, perhaps providing an additional daily reward to tanks or healers who queue. (Another commendation or two.)

TimVickey
06.08.2012 , 01:49 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosKirin View Post
Yeah, I was a little hot-headed yesterday due to some extreme frustration, and now that I've actually sat and done a couple permutations of the math, you're right. It would only compound things. I've since made another suggestion, perhaps providing an additional daily reward to tanks or healers who queue. (Another commendation or two.)

You're still pretty though.

Ansalem
06.08.2012 , 02:15 PM | #56
Please add in an estimated time for group to be formed right now its frustrating just waiting with no idea how long. I just got done testing the LFG tool for 2 hours on pts and it was very very frustrating. In a 4 man group nothing popped until folks deselected the operations...only 1 person did not deselect so when we requeued it popped instantly for Eternity Vault only when you accepted transport it went to HM lost island. Very frustrating.
After that tried queueing as 3 man and 2 man groups with no luck. Also because there arent that many people on pts now that they all tested on the first 2 days it is almost impossible to get a queue pop unless you are a tank. It is becoming obvious that cross server queuing is going to be required to avoid further frustration and extremely long queues.
Also please add in an option for members to deselect or select what to queue for while in group. Currently you are locked out of that option the moment you join a group.
And finally like the other posts in this thread please add in some sort of gear check that possibly goes off the armor ratings and takes an average and then apply that average to the different tiers of operations and flash points and HM flash points. That way only people with a certain gear level can queue up for say the Tier 2 dungeons or flash points. That way you will avoid undergeared people being removed from groups and getting frustrated.
This LFG tool is extremely bare bones atm and needs a lot of work. I'm still waiting for the patch fix.

havok_bloodcraft
06.08.2012 , 02:30 PM | #57
I would like to see people go to the bottom of the queue list if they decline as they are slowing down others who want to get right into content.

Thoffs
06.08.2012 , 02:32 PM | #58
I agree that EC Story Mode ops definitely needs to be in a different tier from EV/KP story mode ops.

Safing
06.08.2012 , 03:27 PM | #59
Concerning some other feature wishes here: Don't overcomplicate it.

After saying that I have of course my own problem report/improvement request *cough*:

The group finder currently always looks for groups of 4. Even if content is only for 2, e.g. in Black Talon or for many Planet Heroics. For [Heroics 2] it is worse than for Black Talon because to get four people together, the finder uses a large level range. This means that the people grouped will be on completely different parts of the planet and wanting to do completely different heroics.

Possible improvements:
* For Heroics (and maybe the Esseles/Black Talon) allow player to specify seeked group size.
* For Heroics apply a stricter level range (gives a higher probability people will actually have the same heroics) _or_ actually look at people's quests to ensure they have at least one heroic in common.

FITorion
06.08.2012 , 03:39 PM | #60
why can't I select which flashpoint I want to queue for? Most are greyed out.

I have the quest to go do Athiss. I'm lvl 23 almost 24. the only FPs it lets me select are Hammer station and Mandalorian raiders.

Never attribute to malice that which can be ascribed to sheer stupidity.