Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Character specific legacy perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Character specific legacy perks
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

thewatcheruatu
06.08.2012 , 01:12 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by SanguineSphinx View Post
Or just give both options. Have one price for per-character, and then, say, three of four times that cost for legacy-wide. That'll make both the single-char players happy and the alt-o-holics who make more than 4 characters happy.
Yeah, I'd be fine with that. I actually think they should do that for a few of the character perks. Instead of making you buy them for eight separate characters, maybe offer them as a legacy-wide perk, as well, for a cost equivalent to, say, the per character cost X 5.
Project Broken Compass | Hapan Delegation

Dein_Cathair
06.08.2012 , 01:22 PM | #92
Well a couple more observations regarding cost:

All really do seem reasonable *if* you do not necessarily pick the final perk in each category.
They are not for for new players as you need a legacy to obtain them and are not really expensive. They are meant for new toons on exp accts in many cases imo, although not necessarily.

One example also really comes to mind, that's t he companion affection one based on conversations. I also took this one to max at lvl 1.This one alone will save me a ton of money in the long term. On the live servers I've used gifts to take multiple 50's companions to max because it's not possible imo to even come close to doing it w/o them. Even with the costs associated with the perk, it will save me *millions* of credits in the long term. I've not purchased the one based on giving gifts as I've not given any to the toon I'm taking up to chapter 2, as its not really needed.

Edit: for the record, 18 hrs /played and almost lvl 20 with all advancement perks at max. that included 6 fp's done today LOL

Anzel
06.08.2012 , 01:30 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
I think there should definitely be more perks earned by legacy levels, but how much you've paid is irrelevant. These are perks specifically for time spent playing the game. These aren't veteran perks for having a sub or anything like that.....that's something more like the tauntaun pet they gave out, not a huge list of perks like this. But definitely agree that legacy levels should lead to more automatic locks and/or reduce the price of the unlock based upon how high the legacy level is.
I completely agree. I used the real life money to illustrate that we wouldn't be getting something for free. I'm tired of hearing that QQ on the forums, "OMG you just want everything for free!!! UR so layzee!!!!!"

My continued subscription and game play should be enough to unlock these perks. It takes a WHILE to get to legacy level 10 or 20...
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

EzoEo
06.08.2012 , 01:59 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
I completely agree. I used the real life money to illustrate that we wouldn't be getting something for free. I'm tired of hearing that QQ on the forums, "OMG you just want everything for free!!! UR so layzee!!!!!"

My continued subscription and game play should be enough to unlock these perks. It takes a WHILE to get to legacy level 10 or 20...
I agree. All legacy perk should be free as a reward and incentive to keep playing once lvl 50 is achieved.

As it is Bioware are just trying to control every facet of the game and in doing have forgotten that most their Ops are cleared in within a few months.

Making certain perks charcater specific is just an abvious attept to bleed credits from people who level alts. I mean who doesn't most of the content on alts in an effort to skip parts the planets ? It's really quite pointless and they should be legacy wide.
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.

TxAstarte
06.08.2012 , 02:34 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Drungus View Post
The entire legacy system is a bit underwhelming if you ask me. I haven't purchase a single Legacy thing because of the absurd costs. Bioware was so proud presenting it, but to me it was a major disappointment seeing the money costs.
This would be me as well. My legacy is only level 7, but i haven't bothered buying a single perk. The prices are ridiculous, and the buffs decidedly "meh".

Jaspless
06.08.2012 , 05:38 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by TxAstarte View Post
This would be me as well. My legacy is only level 7, but i haven't bothered buying a single perk. The prices are ridiculous, and the buffs decidedly "meh".
Now that you mention it, I also do agree with this statement. The whole point of gaining legacy abilities is by leveling your Legacy... not by having to spend millions of credits on each ability which only works for one character.
If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that mistakes will pile up, and accomplishments disappear.

Druc
06.08.2012 , 05:42 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRahlik View Post
Okie, here is my constructive criticism.

Field Respecialization:
Notes/reflections: I love you, I love you, I love you! But seriously? NO cool down? I would actually suggest a 15 minute cool down to prevent switching spec super fast. Maybe even 30 minutes. But sure. I'll take no cool down if you insist.
Cost: OHHHH, cheap! This will be on all my chars.
Legacy level: *gasp* 10? I thought this would have like 30 or 40. I think 10 is waaaaay too low. Double it. At least.
I believe you still have the pay the normal respec fee. This legacy makes so you don't have to return to fleet so no cool down required.... Thoughts on the cost now??
Bioware's Mission Statement: "BioWare's vision is to deliver the best story-driven games in the world."

Jumilith
06.08.2012 , 07:17 PM | #98
Legacy level 29 and I haven't bought any perks. Was considering buying some of the new ones for 1.3 but if they remain character specific that's out.

Part of the problem with character specific is that if you're leveling a class you've never played before. You have to make a big investment for those perks, which is a gamble. You may get to level 25 and realize you don't like that class at all and don't want to finish leveling it. And now all of those perks credits are wasted. I'd rather just level without them and spend the credits on things when I get that character to 50, if they make it to 50.

If they did away with the legacy system (and my 29 levels of it) tomorrow, the only thing I'd miss would be the multi-class buffs, which wouldn't be a terrible loss. I just don't have enough credits to even touch the legacy system.

Rikalonius
06.08.2012 , 07:41 PM | #99
I don't think itís that bad, maybe it should 150K vice 275K for all of them. I just joined the PTS, and my main hasn't been copied yet. Over my weekend, which is Thursday and Friday, I managed to get to 25 with a new character on the PTS. That's without any help from my 50s, or my friends, or any Legacy perks. Yes, itís been monotonous to grind that fast, but it really isn't that hard. If I had 30% warzone only, I'd probably be in my 40s right now on a live server.

Antissa
06.08.2012 , 08:19 PM | #100
Question:

When rank 1 says 10% increase, and rank 2 says 15% for example in the character peaks page, does it mean its 10% + 15% = 25%? or it increases 10% to 15% ?