Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Planet "Makeb" Doesn't exist yet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
New Planet "Makeb" Doesn't exist yet

Temeluchus
06.08.2012 , 10:40 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Arubial View Post
Have you not done:
Spoiler
I think he is speaking about
Spoiler
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Path-x
06.08.2012 , 03:05 PM | #42
They should just leave things from the KOTOR alone (Revan, Lehon). They will just ruin it. Well they already did ruin Revan...
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Captain_Zone
06.08.2012 , 11:47 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Spoiler
My theory on where he'll end up....

Spoiler

This is just a theory. IMO, it would be the best way for him to go out.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

corebit
06.09.2012 , 12:08 AM | #44
Bioware will create and add as much lore as it wants. Deal with it.
Before KOTOR there was absolutely nothing about Revan, Taris, and little else of the Old Republic time period. Now it's all part of standard Star Wars lore.

What's wrong with adding Makeb? OP you want SW lore to remain stale?

Seriously, people don't get it that if a fictional universe doesn't get a constant stream of fresh ideas it dies off and becomes a dinosaur. Without all these authors and creative people contributing, the SW universe would just be a relic of the past who nobody remembers except old geezers.
Account Cancelled 7/31/2012

AlyxDinas
06.09.2012 , 12:28 AM | #45
Honestly, a writer can have more freedom when they create something. That's why Voss is interesting while Hoth feels perfunctory.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Zilkin
06.09.2012 , 02:33 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Honestly, a writer can have more freedom when they create something. That's why Voss is interesting while Hoth feels perfunctory.
This. If I had to choose between BioWare only using existing SW lore or only using lore they created I would choose the latter every time.

Path-x
06.09.2012 , 03:18 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Well that is a matter of an opinion.

Although I would agree about Hoth being unattractive but that is not because it was already established planet but because how BW made it. I just hate the whole surreal look and the quests on it. Another established planet that BW screwed up in SWTOR is Nar Shaddaa. The whole "Las Vegas of Star Wars" paradigm was made up by them and forced upon previously established Nar Shaddaa. That paradigm is just wrong, ie completely opposes previously established Nar Shaddaa. While Nar Shadda and Hoth being one my favourite planets in SW universe, I just hate them in SWTOR.

Now you might find Voss interesting. I on the other hand find it dull. They pretty much "copied" its look from SWG Corellia. As for Voss role in the storyline, they just can not convince me of any kind of real strategic importance of the planet. The whole "mystics thing" is just ridiculous and useless. They also didn't convince me of strategical importance of Hoth (which is not the fault of the planet being previously established but because of lame storyline in SWTOR).

As for new planets being better than already established, well I disagree with that completely. For me Tatooine, which is the oldest and most fundamental planet in SW universe, is easily the best made planet in SWTOR (visually and story-wise).

Quote: Originally Posted by corebit View Post
Bioware will create and add as much lore as it wants. Deal with it.
Before KOTOR there was absolutely nothing about Revan, Taris, and little else of the Old Republic time period. Now it's all part of standard Star Wars lore.
What they created in KOTOR was absolutely great, sadly they ruined quite a few things in SWTOR now. Revan being one of them...

So if think again I would prefer if they created all new planets, characters and things in SWTOR and not using anything previously established. That way they at least wouldn't ruin anything.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Gratulor
06.09.2012 , 04:59 AM | #48
Without writers taking creative freedom, we wouldn't have Korriban. It was invented by the authors of Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the SIth in 1995-96. That comic book also introduced the Cathar and the series as a whole gave us Onderon, Dxun, Miraluka, Sith Purebloods, Ossus, re-introduced the Mandalorians (who hadn't been used since the 1980's) and gave us a first look into ancient Sith culture.

And without that comic book series, we wouldn't have this game. Bioware expanded on that series and gave us Taris, Manaan and Lehon. Now they have created Denova, Makeb, Quesh, Cademimu, Athiss and expanded upon the Voss, who previously were largely unknown. Dromund Kaas was created for the game Mysteries of the Sith.

I think it's more interesting to add new lore than simply rehashing everything all the time. Keeps things fresh.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

Chanez
06.09.2012 , 08:14 AM | #49
where in the universe is makeb? the unknown regions?

Quote: Originally Posted by Arubial View Post
Have you not done:
Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Spoiler
Exactly he's still alive, and im ready for a single person battle with him and some rakata slaves

AhsokaTanorules
06.09.2012 , 02:09 PM | #50
After George Lucas dropped the ball with Hayden Christiansen he lost all right to monopolize Star Wars. Time for new blood.

Besides from what I see, Bioware made the Star wars franchise grow a set of *****! Before I wuld have always thought of Star Wars as young kiddie scifi and nowhere approaching the grit of such as warhammer 40K for example. This game doesn't quite go that far but it is on track.