Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Character specific legacy perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Character specific legacy perks
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Callaron
06.07.2012 , 07:03 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Btw, someone pointed out something that I didn't notice before. the Priority transport: Fleet vanguard vessle actually shares a cooldown with the emergency fleet pass (18 hrs) and ports you to the vessel for operations supposedly.. Not too bad for 50k I gues.
But the rest of them don't? Hopefully?
If they do then all the Priority transports pretty much became useless to me =/

Dein_Cathair
06.07.2012 , 07:39 PM | #82
I can give a pretty good review of the char perks:

I purchased "all- max ranks" of the advancement perks on a brand new level 1 toon.
I only ran my class quest. It started out as the usual finish at lvl 7 on the first planet. So I went to Coruscant and at lvl 10, I purchased rank 1 speeder training and the portable mailbox.

I ran about 4 wz's and 1 esseles flashpoint after lvl 10 and now I'm lvl 13 and have completed the prologue and have my ship..
I expect to now run the Fondor space mission to probably lvl 15 or so.

The exp for pvp seems the best of the advancement perks sofar, I highly recommend this one.

As far as the others (non advancement), the speeder training is great, it's awesome to have one on Coruscant.
The portable mailbox (rank 1) is also good and the 2nd rank of the companion sell junk is also good.

The enhanced lvling experience seems decent, posibly a bit expensive for those who do not know how to make money in an mmo, but for me at least making money in this game is really easy ( i also have max rank rocket boost and unity on all toons and my inventory has 8 rows on this new toon).

My main goal for this experiment was to lvl without doing the other quests ( just my class quest and some pvp added in plus a little space combat + misc). It seems to be working. I also like the adaptive armor ( been wearing a full suit since lvl 10) but that' another post I guess.

-Dein

Iwipe
06.07.2012 , 10:49 PM | #83
Anyone know if the legacy perks for earlier speeder training grant you the speeder training as well?

WillWallace
06.08.2012 , 10:05 AM | #84 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Anyone know if the legacy perks for earlier speeder training grant you the speeder training as well?
The speeder perks grant the ability automatically when you purchase them, no trainer necessary.

As for costs and benefits, I appreciate the constructive and comprehensive feedback. I'm re-evaluating the numbers and seeing what can change (for example, I'm dropping costs on the companion affection perks and boosting the modifiers). Prices and benefits are not set in stone at this point, so thanks for helping test and evaluate them!
William Wallace
Senior Designer

Anzel
06.08.2012 , 10:33 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by WillWallace View Post
The speeder perks grant the ability automatically when you purchase them, no trainer necessary.

As for costs and benefits, I appreciate the constructive and comprehensive feedback. I'm re-evaluating the numbers and seeing what can change (for example, I'm dropping costs on the companion affection perks and boosting the modifiers). Prices and benefits are not set in stone at this point, so thanks for helping test and evaluate them!
Please for the love of all that is HOLY severely lower or REMOVE the credit requirements. The legacy "Perks" (they were referred to as "Rewards" at one point) should be just that. I have payed hundreds of dollars towards this game, I have played hundreds of hours. That should be enough.

My continued subscription and game play should be payment enough for these perks. I'm not asking that something be "given" to me. I'm not being "lazy". Again. I've payed HUNDREDS of dollars on SWTOR (not FREE) and I've played hundreds of hours (not LAZY). That should qualify me for most of the perks alone. Requiring MILLIONS of credits on top of that is just really really frustrating.

Thanks in advance
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Jaspless
06.08.2012 , 10:45 AM | #86
I noticed they removed the Sprint upgrades from what's currently shown on 1.2 Coming Soon Legacy Panel to what's in 1.3. I understand they improved upon the quicker travel by allowing speeders at level 10, but I was still hoping for the Faster Sprint. Places like EV where you're moving large distances between trash pulls and can't use a mount, I find this ability to be very helpful. I assume not all future Operations will be outdoors; and therefore, you can't use a mount in them... ? If so, I'd recommend putting the Upgraded Sprint back in the game system.

Edit: I also feel the Legacy Upgrades, (Lets use More experience for Space Missions) should be for all characters. I thought the whole point of the Legacy System was to bring all your characters together...? Allowing this would make people want to level more Alts, since it'll reduce time spent grinding the same missions on each planet.
If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that mistakes will pile up, and accomplishments disappear.

Snakeyees
06.08.2012 , 10:56 AM | #87
The cost on the Mailbox and the repair droid are a little steep, since its per character. i would suggest you lower it for the repair droid to 300k total for all 3 upgrades. and the mail droid drop it by 30k. now if these benefited you across all characters then the cost would be inline. since you only have to buy it one time.

I also like to add that the higher your legacy level is the cheaper things should be to buy. I'm currently legacy level 50 I have done the grind to level 50 5 times i have done the grind to legacy level 50. why must i do the credit grind on top of all that. if this system is truly about leveling alts. shouldn't you get some sort of discount for your efforts?
Asro Miraluka, Jedi Guardian Level 50 Veteran of Squadron 367 Server: Bergen Colony
--->.

JimG
06.08.2012 , 11:10 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
I've payed HUNDREDS of dollars on SWTOR (not FREE) and I've played hundreds of hours (not LAZY). That should qualify me for most of the perks alone. Requiring MILLIONS of credits on top of that is just really really frustrating.
I think there should definitely be more perks earned by legacy levels, but how much you've paid is irrelevant. These are perks specifically for time spent playing the game. These aren't veteran perks for having a sub or anything like that.....that's something more like the tauntaun pet they gave out, not a huge list of perks like this. But definitely agree that legacy levels should lead to more automatic locks and/or reduce the price of the unlock based upon how high the legacy level is.

SanguineSphinx
06.08.2012 , 11:49 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by thewatcheruatu View Post
While I can understand why some perquisites make more sense to offer on a character-by-character basis (for example, one might not want all of his characters to benefit from increased experience gain), there are other perks that for the life of me, I can't figure out why anybody wouldn't want them for all of their characters. Mostly, I'm talking about the Convenience features, which are:
  • the field repair droid
  • the field mailbox
  • field respecialization

I guess the idea is they can offer these things at a lower cost if they're granted character-by-character, but we all know these costs are more or less completely arbitrary anyway. While it's not a big deal to log in to each character and purchase these convenience features on each one, I still think they should simply be placed under the "Other" section of the "Global Unlocks" category. If you think any of these features is a good idea, you think it's a good idea for all of your characters.

Just my two cents on that.
Or just give both options. Have one price for per-character, and then, say, three of four times that cost for legacy-wide. That'll make both the single-char players happy and the alt-o-holics who make more than 4 characters happy.
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

GnatB
06.08.2012 , 12:54 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Vasala View Post
My overall feel on looking at this is the costs are too high for single character unlocks. I am also disappointed that the crafting unlock appears to be for augments only as I was hoping for general mission crits so it would help with getting the crit missions to find new schematics.
Wow, I hadn't even noticed that. Considering 1.3 makes augment crits *considerably* less useful, makes me less annoyed that I'm going to have to go out and kill things to be a better crafter.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
In fact...didn't they originally say these rewards would be awarded with legacy levels, OR with credits - not both?
Nope. In none of the examples I remember them giving were items awarded with legacy levels. They were all "level to 50" or "complete class quest", or somesuch.. Don't believe legacy level was even mentioned. (I even seem to remember some puzzlement as to what the point of legacy levels was)