Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Planet "Makeb" Doesn't exist yet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
New Planet "Makeb" Doesn't exist yet

westraz
06.07.2012 , 03:26 PM | #31
do I realey have to do this aggen ANY ONE CAN MAKE THAT PAGE!!!!! why or some fokes this dim? I can make this page and have it say what ever world is where all Vaseline in the Galaxy comes form COME ON!
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!

westraz
06.07.2012 , 03:27 PM | #32
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!

Path-x
06.07.2012 , 03:54 PM | #33
I too mainly play this because I am a Star Wars fan. What bothers me more is that they ruined some of the already existing / established planets. they did a very good job on Tatooine, Korriban and Nal Hutta. While on the other hand they completely screwed up Nar Shaddaa, Hoth and Alderaan.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Chanez
06.07.2012 , 06:14 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
They will reserve major planets for the big expansions, only makes sense.
This make so much sense! I wish i thought of that...

Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Manaan had all it's surface cites razed and destroyed by the Empire, the Selkath are either underwater buried in a hole so deep they won't emerge until the movie time period or if we do go to Manaan it will be all underwater. Dantooine would be pretty much be Taris 2.0, after the Sith paid their visits.

I wouldn't mind a visit to Kashyyyk, Dxun,Telos, Onderon or Lehon(datamining looks like we might be going back there anyways) though.
When was this confirmed? i never heard this.

Quote: Originally Posted by clintcasey View Post
KoTOR 1 introuced us to Taris, Manaan, and Rakata Prime.

3 Planets which did not exist prior to Knights of the Old Republic.
I hope we go to Rakata Prime and find Revan and the old Destroyed Star Forge.

Temeluchus
06.08.2012 , 10:20 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
*blink* What? So, if they changed the name to Boss it would be their creation, but because the name Voss was used years ago in a book with *no* further details, it's not? Are you serious man?
Why is such a hard concept to understand? Did BioWare do all the legwork and flesh out the people,culture,society,landscape,cities,religion etc on Voss? Yes. Is Voss basically "theirs" because of this? Yes.

Did BioWare create Voss? No, because it was originally thought up and introduced by a writer in the SWU; no matter how obscure or irrelevant to the overall plot it was, it was still created at that point.

BW deserves all the credit for making Voss a 'real"place, filling it with life and culture and making it vibrant, but they still did not create it. Plain and simple.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Forgon
06.08.2012 , 10:28 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Marked_Man View Post
I like Voss and the people but I swear it felt derivative of StarCraft: zerglings every where, floating crystals, and humans in mobile homes waiting to lft off at a moments notice.
Perhaps there was inspiration there. Hardly anything in the world is completely original, StarCraft probably took some ideas from somewhere and maybe the devs felt inspired and it unintentionally resembles that series (is not into StarCraft).

I love it when people see a show or movie with laser swords and thinks they ripped off the light saber as if it came first.

Edit:

Why is such a hard concept to understand? Did BioWare do all the legwork and flesh out the people,culture,society,landscape,cities,religion etc on Voss? Yes. Is Voss basically "theirs" because of this? Yes.

Did BioWare create Voss? No, because it was originally thought up and introduced by a writer in the SWU; no matter how obscure or irrelevant to the overall plot it was, it was still created at that point.

BW deserves all the credit for making Voss a 'real"place, filling it with life and culture and making it vibrant, but they still did not create it. Plain and simple.
Whether they were the first to pen the name or not, the planet would have just been that, a name, had they not made it what it was. An obscure reference to a planet that has nothing else said about that makes it close to non-existence. On a technicality, yes they did not "create" the name of the planet so it was not their original thought.

There was no reference to what kind of people lived on the planet, how they lived, what the planet was like, what climate, what political structure, no reference to anything about this world. It was just a name in a novel that had nothing given to it except its name.

If there were any of these references, I would agree that Bioware just "expanded" upon an established place but there was not even the silghtest thing established about Voss, it was basically nothing beforehand. They made it, everything about it, every thought and concept that exists in it now, they gave that name something to back besides just the name and the "idea" of it being an existing planet.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

AssajiStarseed
06.08.2012 , 10:30 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by the_nerfherder View Post
alright, i'm one of those guys who played this game strictly because i'm a star wars nerd, a really annoying one to. But what annoys me is bioware announces to add a new planet to this game, and it doesn't even exist in the universe. Honestly, with the books i'm fine with authors writing about new planets, but i think at the point where there are that many planets in lore ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/list_of_planets ) it'd be much more fun to add something that players are a little more familiar with, instead of adding new things every chance you get. Plus, i could mention some other things you really messed up in the story (such as the use of kolto) but i won't get in it. What i am really saying here is: Stop trying to be creative, bring back memories of kotor fans by putting in manaan, or even better a jedi enclave on danatione.
+ f#!%ing 1
Velvet Shroud
The Force shall free me..

Temeluchus
06.08.2012 , 10:31 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Chanez View Post
This make so much sense! I wish i thought of that...

When was this confirmed? i never heard this.

"During the Great Galactic War, the Selkath attempted to maintain their neutrality as a supplier of kolto to all who would buy. But the reconstituted Sith Empire refused to accept their neutral stance, and destroyed Manaan's surface cities. The Selkath fled beneath the oceans in a mass exodus from the surface"

That was from a reference to Maanan on this website(not the forums but an actual Holonet,timeline or Codex entry) before the game released. I can't remember exactly where, but it was here at one point before the redesign or still is. Wookieepedia basically has this info along with it claiming that Manaan is now under Imperial control.

If by Rakata Prime you mean,Lehon, then according to the patch leaks on Torhead,which have been mostly accurate so far, we will be going back there.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Arubial
06.08.2012 , 10:32 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Chanez View Post
Have you not done:
Spoiler

Forgon
06.08.2012 , 10:40 AM | #40
Snip.
I can back your statement, I remember that on the site as well. I cannot find it on the holonet or anywhere but it was definitely there when the site first started up. As for Rakata Prime, yeah it is apparently going to be a spot for dailies, probably after they release the planet Makeb and the Balmorra dailies that TORhead leaked.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.