Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Practical PTS changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

richardya
06.08.2012 , 08:57 AM | #1
This game is up to 1.3 and I wanted to ask a question based on the history of SWToR PTS changes. In the past, have the PTS changes been, for the most part, exactly what is coming to the live servers, and PTS is just "testing" it for errors? Or are there other changes that may also come?

I ask because, one of the AC's that is unanimously considered underpowered got a tangential nerf from the adrenal change. I don't know how big this will be but I was kind of hoping for a buff. So.... if a buff is not in 1.3 PTS, chances are pretty good it will not be in 1.3 live?

Nyla
06.08.2012 , 09:15 AM | #2
Based on what happend with previous updates, the current version of the PTS is not the one that will go live, they will probablly still change some more things.

AllisonBerryman
06.08.2012 , 09:40 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We do use the PTS to uncover issues and to gather player feedback and telemetry, and what is on the PTS today will be updated several times before Game Update 1.3 goes live as we implement more fixes and changes. Each time we update the PTS, we'll post patch notes so you can see what we changed. We appreciate everyone checking out the new features on the PTS and posting their bug reports and feedback!

The_Duck
06.08.2012 , 10:44 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We do use the PTS to uncover issues and to gather player feedback and telemetry, and what is on the PTS today will be updated several times before Game Update 1.3 goes live as we implement more fixes and changes. Each time we update the PTS, we'll post patch notes so you can see what we changed. We appreciate everyone checking out the new features on the PTS and posting their bug reports and feedback!
in all honesty, many testers (including myself) have previously entered many issues and bugs while testing on the PTS. Unfortunately, it seems these bugs are either ignored and not fixed or deemed unnecessary to fix and still go on to the live servers.

then you see miles of complaint threads about the same exact bugs that hit live that testers actually identified.

the whole process is very frustrating for a tester since it seems like our time to test is not really valued or it is entirely ignored.

if they were not ignored, then why wouldn't those bugs be on some public post identifying them as known issues?
- The Duck

Elfindreams
06.11.2012 , 01:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
And thank you for having a test server.

I do think as the poster above me said, at the end of the test if there are bugs outstanding from the PTS it might be nice to add them to the known issues list if for no other reason than people went through the effort to test and report them.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]